It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain:We Went To Iraq For Oil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

McCain:We Went To Iraq For Oil

www.msnbc.msn.com

PHOENIX - Republican John McCain was forced to clarify his comments Friday suggesting the Iraq war involved U.S. reliance on foreign oil. He said he was talking about the first Gulf War and not the current conflict.

At issue was a comment he made at a town hall-style meeting Friday morning in Denver.

"My friends, I will have an energy policy that we will be talking about, which will eliminate our dependence on oil from the Middle East that will prevent us from having ever to send our young men and women into conflict again in the Middle East," McCain said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
There you have it...right from the horses mouth. McCain says his energy policy will make it so we never have to fight another war in the middle east.....Why McCain you mean we WERE there cause of oil geee 5 years ago you were unpatriotic to ever mention anything of the sort. So if this is for oil are WE benefiting? Why No Exxon Mobil is ...this is enough to make me revolt..One hundred more years in Iraq for oil way to go McCain you tool. You tool of Exxon.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Anyone who can find the video of this oil cronies speech please post a link I couldnt find one on youtube.

[edit on 2-5-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Republican John McCain was forced to clarify his comments Friday suggesting the Iraq war involved U.S. reliance on foreign oil. He said he was talking about the first Gulf War and not the current conflict.

O really? Let's ask O'Reilly. Didn't the FOX news pundit just try to tell us that we didn't actually invade Iraq, and that the only reason we were there was because of the first war? Things that make you go hmmmm...I think FOX should go choke on a donkey.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Its funny on that O'reilly thread did we invade Iraq well I think this thread answers that...we are there for one reason and one reason only and this is oil and it came right from the horses mouth...Im glad we the people got cheap gas so we have no reason to complain ...oh wait we didnt get cheap gas in fact I dont think we benefited at all...We have a huge debt, loss of life, and high gas prices....gee thanks guys for the help.

[edit on 2-5-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Its funny on that O'reilly thread did we invade Iraq well I think this thread answers that...we are there for one reason and one reason only and this is oil and it came right from the horses mouth...Im glad we the people got cheap gas so we have no reason to complain ...oh wait we didnt get cheap gas in fact I dont think we benefited at all...We have a huge debt, loss of life, and high gas prices....gee thanks guys for the help.

Believe it or not, Gas is quite cheap in the US. In fact, gas prices in the US are the 45th cheapest in the world.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast

Believe it or not, Gas is quite cheap in the US. In fact, gas prices in the US are the 45th cheapest in the world.

Gee thats reassuring knowing we are the 3rd largest producer of oil and the largest refiner of oil...considering all the subsidize we give these guys you would think they would cut us a break like better than 45th cheapest....Venezuela they pay $.20 and they dont even refine oil

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

Republican John McCain was forced to clarify his comments Friday suggesting the Iraq war involved U.S. reliance on foreign oil. He said he was talking about the first Gulf War and not the current conflict.

O really? Let's ask O'Reilly. Didn't the FOX news pundit just try to tell us that we didn't actually invade Iraq, and that the only reason we were there was because of the first war? Things that make you go hmmmm...I think FOX should go choke on a donkey.

TECHNICALLY, the current hostilities in iraq are a mere continuation of the first gulf war...see, it never officially ended, it was an armistice, under the condition that hussein allow UN inspectors in to keep tabs on his "WMD" stocks...when he started refusing them admission, he broke the agreement, hence our going back in, but it really had nothing to do with that....we knew he didn't have anything left...it was nothing but an excuse to go back.....something they'd planned from the start.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
McCain 'but we're going to be there for a hundred years and bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran'.
Nice try to take the A train off the B train buddy.
Even in jest. McCain should know what implications his words have. I think he has pre alzheimers.

[edit on 5/3/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

exactly.

But nobody ever talks about that part.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I doubt anyones surprised about anything other then the fact he was stupid enough to let it slip...

But judging by how stupid 99% of this country is, He could have outright said it and no one would have even cared, nor will they until the bombs start to fall here...

As long as we have our Internets, Our Cable TV, And the next Rappers CD, All is well in dream world...

And the Neocons of course are no different, right or wrong they will attempt to justify even the biggest pile of BS just because they can...

Of course those who were right form the get go will never be recognized...

Scott Ritter warned us that Iraq had no WMD's, did anyone listen? Nope, They branded him UnAmerican and a Traitor on national television...

Guess who was right? oh yeah he was, Where are all the national TV apologies? I'm not holding my breath....

Spreading Democracy? where the hell did this idea come from surely not here, seeing as we are a REPUBLIC... democracy lmfao.....

Hell King George W. Doesn't even know that and he got elected, Twice...

Enforcing U.N sanctions? Is this the Same U.N the Neocons hate for trying to sap their bloodlust in a country who didn't posses the WMD's which they used to justify said bloodlust?

Neocons are like little children, They will scream and cry how right they are, until proven otherwise, and then when they are proven otherwise, they make up some other BS excuse to blur it all up., and try and make it look like even though they were completely wrong, they were still right...

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Yup people wont realize ..he could come right out and say hey we are here for oil but you know what until we see this war coming our of our pockets via higher taxes, or the draft, or bombs flying here people wont care and its really sad. He finally admitted it and that makes me happy.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
No more takers on this....I thought this would be HUGE news considering the belittling the government did to anyone who EVERY put oil and Iraq together. I thought this was HUGE news but I guess not....

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I think everyone knows it, there are just a lot out there who would rather deny, obfuscate, ignore, etc. They would rather argue in other threads about things, as if this news never happened and/or wasn't true from get.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

I think everyone knows it, there are just a lot out there who would rather deny, obfuscate, ignore, etc. They would rather argue in other threads about things, as if this news never happened and/or wasn't true from get.

Its scary but I have to agree...its amazing these people in other gas threads are crying and arguing about why we are in Iraq and why oil is so high and the answer comes out and people pretend not to hear it...bahhh bahhhhhh

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I don't get something. If he claims he will end our reliance on foreign oil does that mean he retracts his statement about continuing the war?

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Found the Video right here
www.youtube.com...

look at 7:50 into the video ...he is such a tool....

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast

As if that makes our situation somehow less grim. They're already rationing some food items at sam's club stores right here in the U.S.. Then you have last Tuesday's article in the New York Times sais that the economists and experts are all saying oil could be near double what it is within 4 yrs. Is it going to take 20 dollars a gallon and people dying in our country before somebody does something? What about our economy? The global food crisis is already affecting countries all over the world and people just don't care because it isn't affecting us yet.

This situation is anything but peachy and it's only going to get progressively worse. Meanwhile we have the ridiculous Bush administration running the white house which refuses to really do anything about oil (let alone stick to it's word about ANYTHING). These other countries may pay more for oil (statistically) but this oil crisis involves us too. We are not an exception to the rule.

There has been no meaningful push for alternative energy in this country because our leaders don't care, No measures have been put in place to ensure alternative energy sources can compete with big oil companies, and nothing at all has been done to quell our reliance on foreign oil. Everything this administration promises ends up in the toilet (everything that could really make a difference and a change for the better anyway).

If gas prices really do get to 20 dollars a gallon what then? Would our economy survive since there has been no sweeping alternative energy movement in this country therefore no alternative to oil? The only way we will get through the coming crisis is to begin making changes for the better now. That just isn't happening and it might not ever happen. How long until they start rationing things like meat, fish, and dairy products?

We have some amazing technology that could have been producing much of our energy needs for years now. Scientists and engineers say large solar farms in places like the Nevada desert could produce the energy needs of half the country. Then you have wind power, etc.. The Bush administration has done nothing in 8 years for alternative energy. What ever happened to Bush promises like clean burning coal plants (let alone going to the moon and mars ROFL). These past 8 years, as far as energy is concerned, have been wasted.

-ChriS

[edit on 3-5-2008 by BlasteR]

[edit on 3-5-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Well, at least he had the guts to say it. And at least he's saying that yes, we will still be in Iraq after the next election. What does Hillary tell us about that? Donut babe. Nada. And Obama? Even if he really did try to bring the troops home, do you think he would survive?

[edit on 5/3/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I understand that people have had issues with McCain's "100 more years of war" statement which he retracted, however I believe he didn't mean for everyone to take it literally. McCain has been saying he would prefer an ordered and planned return of troops currently deployed in Iraq. The reason for this is very logical, considering we have a lot of contractors out there doing their job and depending on the military for protection. The other important reason for this is that if we don't prepare Iraq's own security forces that country will instantly fall into ruin to a fanatical group of terrorists, and would result in more unnecessary life loss of civilians.
McCain hasn't been buddies with the Bush admin, anyone who thinks that doesn't even know the history between the two. They might look like it on the exterior, which is just the demeanor of politics. McCain is stating that Bush's primary concern for going into Iraq was oil, although you could say there were several other factors. But people don't respond well to BS, and McCain isn't trying to BS anyone.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join