It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal Sighting of a Triangular Aircraft?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I do hope this is the right section for this.
Anyway, on the 23rd of April I was laying in my bed,(Near Cadiz,Spain) looking out of the window. It was about 4 a.m. and I heard a very high powered jet at what sounded like Idle power(I'm in the Aviation Buisness, so I know what jets sound like). I went to the window, and flying out over the bay of Cadiz at about 1000 ft(It's a rough estimate, it was dark) was a Triangular shaped aircraft, It had no lights on, and seemed to be heading towards a nearby USAF Base.

The Only real details I can give you is that it appeared to be a shape somewhere between an F-117 Nighthawk and an X-47 Pegasus. It was moving quite slowly, and no lights were on.

I am very curious as to what this is, because a lot of nights I lay in Bed and Hear very similar noises at around the same time coming from the Base.

Best Wishes

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ScepticBeliver

It was 4 am it was dark and it had no lights on.

What other light sources were there to be able to see this aircraft ?

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Terribly sorry, knew there was something I missed out on. Moonlight combined with City Lights.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScepticBeliver
Terribly sorry, knew there was something I missed out on. Moonlight combined with City Lights.

Ok fine, describe the aircraft for instance were there any vertical structures, could you estimate the size and how slow is slow.

How long did you watch it, until it was out of sight, did it change it's altitude/atitude was there any landing gear evident ?

edit spelling

[edit on 2-5-2008 by sherpa]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa

Originally posted by ScepticBeliver

Ok fine, describe the aircraft for instance were there any vertical structures, could you estimate the size and how slow is slow.

How long did you watch it, until it was out of sight, did it change it's altitude/atitude was there any landing gear evident ?

Okay, No Vertical Structures on the Aircraft, It was hard to get a good idea of the length, due to the fact that I couldn't tell exactly how far away it was. A Good estimate would be about 90 ft. By Slow I mean about 250 MPH. I observed it for about 25 seconds, and it was most likely coming in to land. No Gear was evident.

All together it looked like a rather smooth plane.

[edit on 2-5-2008 by ScepticBeliver]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Thanks, so no other discernable features, inlets, exhaust ducts, cockpit and no lights you say, what about colour.

I don't mean to come across as rude I am just after details.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Anyone know what possible USAF bas that the plane would be heading to because that would give us a good idea of possible role/training of the aircraft.

At this point I'm very skeptical but I'm willing to give sometime to this sighting. ScepticBeliver can you let us know the general idea of what you do in the aviation industry since you felt compelled to mention you have previous knowledge of modern aircraft etc. 25 seconds is a short sighting but normal when your talking about low flying military aircraft. Your description is very UAV like and the lack of vertical stabilizer limits it to UAVs and the B-2 since your have described a flying wing correct or was it more of a pure triangle?

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Canada_EH

I didn't post because it could be anything or nothing from the description. There is Moron AB in Spain and alot of traffic gets routed through there on the way to or back from the ME. If it was something "secret" they would've tanked over the Med on the way back somewhere more secure, I'm sure (we base tankers there).

[edit on 3-5-2008 by _Del_]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   

ScepticBeliver can you let us know the general idea of what you do in the aviation industry since you felt compelled to mention you have previous knowledge of modern aircraft etc.

Commercial Pilot on large jets, Ex Airforce Mechanic.

Thanks, so no other discernable features, inlets, exhaust ducts, cockpit and no lights you say, what about colour.

Nope, Nothing, And it was kind of dark, so color is difficult to say, possibly Grey,Dark Blue or Black.

Anyone know what possible USAF bas that the plane would be heading to

It's called Rota Navy Station:Rota Homepage Wikipedia Entry Google Maps Link

I don't mean to come across as rude I am just after details.

I Completely Understand. With all the reports here you have to get details.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Rota does have a past record of spyplane activities. (reconnaissance for Operation El Dorado Canyon in 1986)

new topics

top topics

join