It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Big Media is 'mum' About its 'Propaganda Habit'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Why Big Media is 'mum' About its 'Propaganda Habit'

www.commondreams.com

Big surprise — the American people are taking it upon themselves to stop pro-war propaganda in the news, and the corporate media aren’t reporting on it.

When hundreds of thousands of Americans protest the Iraq war year after year, the corporate media portray peace activists as zealots on stilts.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
You know, I have been getting attacked relentlessly as of late based on this very subject. The Pro-war, pro-gov crowd has been all over me for posting items that come from these "alternative news" sites, saying that they're not a "credible" source of info...But, as this article so eloquently points out, these sites are fast becoming the ONLY source of actual REAL news anymore! We have a near BLACK-OUT going on with 90% of the Corpomedia MSM outlets! They are all owned by the Corps / M.I.C. /Gov Triads! So now we MUST find our REAL news from those sites that HAVE NOT BEEN INFILTRATED...Sadly enough, WE the people of this nation, and yes, even we the "CONSPIRACY THEORISTS" may be our last hope of keeping the flow of real, actual data flowing to the populace!

Now, tens of thousands of Americans have urged Congress to investigate the Pentagon’s pervasive program to embed at least 75 “propaganda pundits” on every major news network. But the corporate media haven’t batted an eye — or said a word. (And even the Bush Administration is dodging the scandal, while insulting the only journalist in the White House gaggle with the guts to ask the question.)

In the same way that the corporate media refuse to report on the issues that affect and anger us the most, almost every news outlet has instituted a news blackout on this explosive story, opting to sweep under the rug a scandal that reaches deep into their own newsrooms.

www.commondreams.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I agree with the below paragraph entirely, the corruption and brainwashing propaganda being churned out of the MSM outlets for the past several years is every bit on an equal par with the corruption and criminality of the gov, and these two entities combined pose the most serious threat to our nation in modern times, bar none...We have got to hold these media shills responsible.

Perhaps the solution will be to get a million or so completely fed up americans, to invest in OUR OWN media company and news site, completely owned and maintained by the citizenry?

But there’s a deeper illness here that can’t be healed by promises from the Pentagon. U.S. journalism has been struck with a paralyzing case of consolidation, and the corporate hands that own our media don’t want a cure. The Bush administration’s propaganda wouldn’t have spread far if it weren’t for its cozy relationship with media outlets like Fox, ABC, NBC, CBS and CNN.

This failure of the watchdog not only undermines every standard of journalism, it also poses a fundamental threat to our democracy.

The effects of Big Media have never been more apparent. First and foremost, the corporate owners protect themselves with a phalanx of lobbyists, and then dole out favors to the politicians and regulators who allow Big Media to consolidate their power unbridled.

[edit on 2-5-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
For those who don't know the definition of CIA "propaganda pundit", see William (Bill) Kristol.

Peace

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I humbly submit myself as a member of the club. Seems like there must be some kind of drug-like signal in MSM making people 'submit' to their reporting hook line and sinker.

If we could criminalize broadcasting companies who lease our airways and then use it brainwash us we should. As of now the FCC just treats them like conquering heroes. They were supposed to be 'our' airwaves, now airwaves or cable, we are supposed to believe we are blessed lucky to have them pumping tripe into our heads.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
the only MSM that covered the story as far as I know was PBS. they focused on the issue earlier in the week. they had a general on there that attempted to defend the practice but to no avail. the PBS anchorwoman questioned him pretty hard about it.
edit to add: they said they tried to get reps from major networks to join the discussion but they all declined.

[edit on 2-5-2008 by wayno]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I fear for the safety of all the poor souls who are attempting
to speak the truth on the internet.
myself included.

I believe that "THEY" (TPTB) intend to deal with this movement.
ei.... bill hr 1959 and so many others.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
dd, you are atrue patriot....oops thats like a condemnation nowdays, anyhow

we should absolutely try to start our own news media, it would have to be a telivision broadcast station in order to have any real effect

ill pledge 20$

btw ru familiar with channel 9415 on dish network it is freespeechtv, honestly it is a little weak but way better than MSM

we need a pertinent issue confronting media group not afraid to take on the powers that be

i dont know how feasible this is but it is certainly a good idea it may be our only hope

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by refuter

Thanks friend, I appreciate it.

Looks like I may need to switch over to Dish Network.

Wayno-I posted a big thread about the PBS expose-They were the only TV outlet to report on it. Bless them.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
yeah unfortunately its only a dish channel however you can catch some of their programs on the web ........also search jim hightower hes a keynote speaker for them very moving and informative some of them are actually halfway organized

we need to try to put together some kind of community outreach programs in our individual areas if we could have 10% of the people organized........ they would probably just get dealt with lol......but seriously imagine the power of a few organized people with a common goal

most of us here at ats have similar goals-barring the disinformationists- but we are not very organized at all and that is one of our major shortcomings that we should wotk on immediately

maybe if people would amp up their efforts to confront some of these evil bastards like we are change has been doing it would at least increase awareness....the msm does cover all that kind of stuff they just spin to theur advantage ..........

i dont know exactly what to do i just know weve gotta do something quick!

top topics

join