It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.MIX: Above Politics Show 14

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Above Politics Show 14

DUE TO A TECHNICAL GLITCH - THIS IS THE RAW AUDIO.

Martin and Justin interview talk show host Fern Crossley. She does the morning drive time program out of WAKK 1140 AM, in McComb Mississippi. Can the Democratic party come together in time for the general election? Does the Reverend Wright "thing" really matter? Can Barack Obama win the Presidency? Does Hillary Clinton have any hope of defeating Obama? What evil politics are going on behind the scenes? Fern talks about the mindset of the average Mississippi voter, while Martin probes the intricacies of Southern U.S. politics. Justin tries to be FCC compliant while expressing his affection for fried chicken. ATS member Xpert11 wins the trivia challenge, and much more!

PLEASE POST YOUR COMMENTS ON THIS SHOW THREAD ONLY!

Please FLAG, STAR & DIGG This Mutha!

To DOWNLOAD This Program, Put Your Mouse Cursor Over the BLUE SHOW FILE NAME, Then RIGHT CLICK. Slide The Cursor Down To SAVE TARGET AS And Then CLICK .... Now Just Decide WHERE You Want To Download The File To And CLICK SAVE. You Might Also Consider SUBSCRIBING To The Shows Through iTunes Where They Are Downloaded To Your computer Automatically.

length: 38:02
file: atsmix_2911.mp3
size: 17831k
feed: atsmix

[edit on 5/2/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
:xpert11 Teddy Bear whispers in his ear :

The answer to the trivia question is Mississippi unless someone can come up with a specific location . I will have to listen to the show again because the noise from the rain landing on the roof is making it hard for me to hear the show.

Cheers Xpert11.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Actually, I'm rather happy to see that DIGG option. When you 'digg' the AP Show, you're telling everyone who sees DIGG that we're worth listening to. It's your way of plugging the show, which helps us to get the word out.

More "word" on the street means more listeners. More listeners can only more more 'good' for ATS. That means more good for YOU, too.

Stop and think about this for a moment. How many political talk shows do YOU have access to? Not many. You can u2u Martin or myself, and we can hook you up. We can also come and find YOU if we see that you've said or done something newsworthy.

Just a few extra clicks can make all the difference. That's a lot of public opinion power you've got in that mouse. Use it wisely.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Great interview, guys. I could listen to Fern answer your questions all day. While eating southern fried chicken.

As for the trivia question, Mississippi is correct, but you didn't tell the whole story, Justin. TR refused to shoot the bear, but not because he thought it was a majestic beast.

inventors.about.com...

On November 14, 1902, Roosevelt was helping settle a border dispute between Mississippi and Louisiana. During his spare time he attended a bear hunt in Mississippi. During the hunt, Roosevelt came upon a wounded young bear and ordered the mercy killing of the animal.

And a few more details here:

en.wikipedia.org...

There were several other hunters competing, and most of them had already shot something. A suite of Roosevelt's attendants, lead by Holt Collier,[1] cornered, clubbed, and tied to a willow tree an American Black Bear after a long exhausting chase with hounds. They called Roosevelt to the site and suggested he shoot it. He refused to shoot the bear himself, deeming this un-sportsmanlike,[2] but instructed that the bear be killed to put it out of its misery

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I was trying to give the bear some good PR! There are several versions ofthat story in college text boks, so I thought to myself, why not give the bear a break? We will never think of Teddy Bears the same way, ever again.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
:xpert11 Teddy Bear whispers in his ear :

The answer to the trivia question is Mississippi unless someone can come up with a specific location . I will have to listen to the show again because the noise from the rain landing on the roof is making it hard for me to hear the show.

Cheers Xpert11.

Xpert11 is the winner! The "Teddy Bear incident" too place in Sharky County, Mississippi.

Dave will stop by when he can to deliver your 500 hand-made applause points. They're heavy, so be patient.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ATSMIX

So is there going to be a competition to identify who is who in the picture on the original post?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom ERP
reply to post by ATSMIX

So is there going to be a competition to identify who is who in the picture on the original post?

Fern Crossley is the African American woman on the right. The person on the left is a man being interviewed. When she has guests, that's where they sit. As you can see, it's a small studio.

Didn't mean to blow your chance for some points. I just wanted to let you know who you were looking at.

[edit on 5-5-2008 by Justin_Case]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Has show 15 been delayed for a few days ?
I hope that all is well for those who are involved with the show.
Martin and Justin your not being sued by the Teddy Bears Union are you ?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

Nothing untoward xpert11. Another show is just around the corner and will be up on the ATS Mix feed shortly.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
We have changed the scheduling of shows making Above Politics the FIRST SHOW of an ATS WEEK. Above Politics shows will now premier on Mondays.

[edit on 5/10/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I presume Martin and Justin have adjusted their schedules accordingly? It'd be a bit silly to post a politics show on Monday that was recorded on Thursday while we're in full-blown campaign mode.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
This move to Monday is more than just a schedule change. It's going to mean an increase in exposure. That means a larger audience. More people will see and hear The Above Politics Show. We apologize for any confusion or inconvenienc,e but you know how it is for rising stars. Always something to be done.

the various ATS projects have achieved a great deal in just a short amount of time, which confirms my belief that there really is a market out there for what we do. In the weeks to come, as we move things around, Martin and I are looking forward to bringing you the very best "stuff" we can arrange.

Please be patient. It'll take time for all of us to get used to this new schedule.

top topics

join