It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hostile" Iran Sparks U.S. Attack Plan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Hostile" Iran Sparks U.S. Attack Plan

www.cbsnews.com

CBS) A second American aircraft carrier steamed into the Persian Gulf Tuesday as the Pentagon ordered military commanders to develop new options for attacking Iran. CBS News national security correspondent David Martin reports that the planning is being driven by what one officer called the "increasingly hostile role" Iran is playing in Iraq - smuggling weapons into Iraq for use against American troops.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The coming month of May 2008 may be a month to remember. With so much happening.. Not to mention the Mock Teror Drill coming up starting in May 1-8 2008, called NLE 2-08. Somethings happening right under our noses but only time will tell.

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rbaker20

There certainly does seem to be a lot of clutter flying about. It's had to pick what is going to happen. The air feels think at the moment.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Hasn't there been talk of war with Iran ever since America kicked butt in Iraq? I have a hard time believing there will ever be war there

[edit on 4/29/2008 by Unforgiven]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Sigh, haven't we been moving several ship over that way? i heard a number like 14-17 flying around in one of the thread, Either way this cant be a good sign, I have a feeling the media is preparing the masses for a war with Iran, It was subtle at first, but little by little they keep bringing Iran into media, and how iran is posing a threat to the war in Iraq, and talks about a preemptive strike could be knocking on our door? Not sure what going on anymore, seems like so much stuff is on the table at once

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hakii

14-17 what? I hope you don't mean carriers, there's only what, 12-13 carrier battle groups?

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Something is definately in the works here.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ShatteredSkies

No not limited to only carriers, I believe it was just big ships capable of big destruction, As to the specifications im not sure. Any military member on ATS or followers of ships dispatched know exactly what we got over there now?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
We have 11 carrier groups at the time. Still thats a lot of force being shown over there and I agree, its not feeling good. Not sure how many groups are in the gulf at this time, last I heard it was two, if theres more now, something is surely up. Good find on this one.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Well there are also reports of Israel gearing up for a strike on Iran's nuke facilities.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Okay...

if a gun runner from the USA comes to Canada and sells me a gun, do I declare that as an act of war?
The gun runner was after all American... they should be held accountable, should they not? The entire country should PAY for allowing a single man into Canada to sell guns... THEY ALL DESERVE TO DIE because an American likes to sell guns.

Not making sense is it?

Neither does it to the Iranians.
So what if a couple of gun runners are selling guns to Iraqis. They are simply trying to make a buck. Iran isn't guilty, the gun runners are.

...If you disagree... go shoot up a gun factory or two... it is after all your guns that are being sold to them.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This is so not great news. SUUUURRRRE they are just posturing...for war that is. Soon I think every American will be embroiled in Bushy's war.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Okay...

if a gun runner from the USA comes to Canada and sells me a gun, do I declare that as an act of war?
The gun runner was after all American... they should be held accountable, should they not? The entire country should PAY for allowing a single man into Canada to sell guns... THEY ALL DESERVE TO DIE because an American likes to sell guns.........So what if a couple of gun runners are selling guns to Iraqis. They are simply trying to make a buck. Iran isn't guilty, the gun runners are.

...If you disagree... go shoot up a gun factory or two... it is after all your guns that are being sold to them.

Your comparison is irrational, skewed, uninformed, and in my opinion a clear indicator of an anti American/anti Bush bias.
The problem is it's not just guns, Iraq has plenty of guns. It's specialized ammunition and very powerful explosives (EFP's) and Mortars. Not to mention involvement of Revolutionary Gaurd soldiers/commanders with Shi'ite militias. There are special groups from Iran that train the Iraqis to use mortars effectively and squad level tactics. They also provide the militias with communications equipment. These aren't gun runners, they're government agents trying to expand Iranian influence, and destablize Iraq.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ppskylight

It seems you understand the threats we face. I can see it clearly now, as if it is in Cheney's sunglassess.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I am confused as to what you meant by your post. I know of the picture you are referencing, but I am confused and feel that I am the victim of some cruel, horrible sarcastic joke. In any case, Iran's interference in Iraq is unwanted and unacceptable. If you care about our servicemembers overseas than you wouldn't be defending the Iranians who have been responsible for countless deaths and injuries. If you were to survive a direct EFP hit to your humvee, you likely would wish it had finished you off because getting blown up is messy. (Especially when you get the pieces of your vehicle that were pushed into the crew compartment when the EFP shoots copper through the armor plating, taking everything with it, into you, where it will be surgically removed from your abdomen)

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I'm a little tense about it as well, but remember how loud they had cranked up the rhetoric leading up to the Iraq invasion? My god, I remember feeling at the time that it was like a klaxon horn of war blaring into my ears from every conceivable direction, but it started out very slow and gradually built to a roar over about 14 months. They have been adding fuel to the Iran fire lately but the propaganda machine is merely idling compared to what it is fully capable of. I'm thinking that we still have some time left before the bombs start dropping. Until we see the media churning out fear over Iran in an all out feeding frenzy, I feel we are still in a "preparing the public" phase.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Just reading the news about that

another link
"MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - The U.S. Navy has temporarily added a second aircraft carrier in the Gulf as a "reminder" to Iran, "

:: Puff up the chest. they will get scared, puff up the chest ::

Makes me sick just thinking of whats to come.

What I see is two kids on the play ground both from different schools
both have rep to uphold and neither will back down.

While the rest of us kids get smacked in the face with tether balls and dodge balls from their tiff.

And to think the playground they are in doesn't even belong to any of us.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Youre right, the only thing that can keep us safe is more war. The only way to preserve peace, is more aggression. Me, for one, am glad God enabled Bush to be in the WHITE HOUSE during this period of our lives; otherwise, we would most likely having this dialouge in Arabic.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Is this more sarcasm? You are difficult to understand. I wish I was as smart as you are, you know? Then I'd agree with you, right? The sarcasm thing is played out dude. Don't act like a girl in junior high.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I am girl, not a "dude". And let me tell you about middle school, most teen and preteens know Bushy and Cheney are evil as hades.

The sarcasm is so I won't cry.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join