It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: the revolution lives on

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Ron Paul: the revolution lives on

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com

(CNN)— Texas Congressman Ron Paul said Monday his revolution is still alive, and he will not be shut out of the presidential race by the Republican Party.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I completely agree, ever since Obama has been screaming change, I wonder what will change other than the president's skin color?

Nobody is specific when they speak of change, not even the candidate holding a big sign with change written on it.

It's just gimmicks, Ron Paul wins!

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Yeah, unfortunately the Gov's sock-puppet corporate media shills have already done their job at keeping Dr. Paul from having a chance at winning. They "gave us" THEIR selection through black-outs and ridiculing Paul and his supporters as being "lunatic fringe" and "hopeless"...And in a way they are now right---We truly ARE in a hopeless situation with this list of special-interest serving candidates they have chosen for us to vote for.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I really hate to go back and visit a Ron Paul thread, as I feel this horse has been beaten to death. However, sometimes the sheer magnitude of the whining just gets to you.

One day some of you Paul supporters are going to realize that this was not "taken" away from him by any grand conspiracy. The fact of the matter is that people did know who he was, and decided they didn't agree with him enough to nominate him for President.

No matter how much you refuse to believe it, if he really were the best candidate, he would have won. Period.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Considering most people get the candidates info from the MSM, and the MSM provided 0 coverage of Dr. Paul, unless it was to belittle him or make him look like a whacko, I believe your statement holds no water.

Ask the avergae Joe who Ron Paul is and they will tell you they have no idea. Just because he is a big name on ATS does not make him a big name nationally.

[edit on 29-4-2008 by BluByWho]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BluByWho

I concur 100%...Anybody still living in the fairytale that we have a "choice" in who gets selected to lead us is truly drinking their corpomedia Kool-aid by the gallons. In fact, they're being water boarded by it. lmao

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I tend to disagree. Since the beginning of the race, nobody I've spoken to about the candidates ever even heard of Ron Paul before I mentioned him. For most people, it came down to Huck and McCain, and now Huck is out of it. The same people were outraged after doing even a minimum of research into Dr. Paul. My mother even feels that McCain "stole" here vote in the primaries, because she had no idea that Paul was running, or even who he was, and she lives in TEXAS!

I did speak with one person who knew he was running for president, but discounted the possibility of voting for him because he "heard he was a nut job on the news".

Lets get a Paul/Ventura independent ticket!

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
That is the same argument I always heard from Paul supporters and I simply don't believe it.

I'm not sure who these people are that never heard of Ron Paul, but where I'm from there aren't too many people who didn't.

You see the majority of American citizens are not the gullible sheeple some people make them out to be. The average citizen does get a lot of news from the MSM, but also do a lot of research on their own. I know it's hard to believe that most people are not drooling idiots you make them out to be, but it's true.

Ron Paul received all the attention his support warranted. The simple fact of the matter is that his views are not in line with the majority of America, whether you like it or not.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
RP thinking about an independent campaign? that will totally screw McCain!

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

LMAO.

And HiLIARy and "Bomb-Bomb Iran" boy Mc Bush's are?

Sorry but the vast majority of americans HAVE been asleep at the wheel for many years now...And the Lame stream media has done their part to keep that ball rolling. All one has to do is look at the past several years to see that. Not a conspiracy at all, it is glaringly apparent to the whole world.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Sorry but the vast majority of americans HAVE been asleep at the wheel for many years now...

So then you would consider yourself to be vastly more intelligent than the "average American" then? Why, because you're a Ron Paul supporter? Please.

Just because the majority of America doesn't support your candidate doesn't mean they have been "asleep at the wheel", or that they are uninformed. It just means they don't agree with you. Deal with it.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I think a) your giving the average American a little more credit than they deserve, and b) you're not giving the MSM enough credit when it comes to influencing peoples votes.

Look at something simple, like time alloted during the debates, and tell me Paul got a fair shake. You'll be lying, but go ahead and tell me anyway.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
Look at something simple, like time alloted during the debates, and tell me Paul got a fair shake. You'll be lying, but go ahead and tell me anyway.

No, I won't be lying when I tell you that I do. Time alloted during national debates should be alloted based on the popularity or performance of the candidate. Rest assured if Ron Paul were doing well in polls and primaries, he would have received more attention.

The fact of the matter is that why should someone spend much time listening to answers from a candidate who the majority of people care nothing about. Sure Ron Paul had a large following in places like this, but the majority of people want to learn more about the candidates they care about, and who they feel are viable. Paul just didn't fit the bill.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Dude...Who's payroll are you on?!? So far today, on various threads, I've seen you:

*Defend Oil Giant Profiteering

*Defend Bogus Police Raids on Innocent civilians

*Claim that there is no electoral bias or media propaganda surrounding it

Perhaps you can tell us next how having a war with Iran will benefit us all? Since both McInsane and Hitlery have alluded to their willingness to go after Iran...But they represent "americans" huh?

LOL

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Yout put Ron Paul on a platform with Obama, Mccain and Hildabeast and let them debate on national television and I guarantee you he would mop the floor with all of those corporate sock puppets.

The reason nobody knows who Ron Paul is was because the media did a centralized black out of the man when he was running during the republican primaries. He was blackballed by the media, because the Big 2 had the news outlets in their pocket. I would love to see Paul/Ventura on the ballot, and between the same old Reublican lizard ticket and the awful disorganized mess that the democrats are putting out there, I have no doubt that any sane Americans would flock to Ron Paul as a candidate of change....for the people...and not some yes man or corporate shill.

Obama talks change....Paul IS change...and his voting record proves it.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537but the majority of people want to learn more about the candidates they care about, and who they feel are viable. Paul just didn't fit the bill.

The majority of people did not care about John McCain or Barack Obama some years ago before they were trusted in the mainstream media spotlight.

Before Barack Obama even ran for president they where touting him as a rising rockstar within the democratic party. They were hyping him up. That's why people are so interested in him because they believe what the mainstream media says, they don't question the media. So if the media hypes up someone, people will like him.

The media has ignored and ridiculed Ron Paul from the get go. That's the main reason why he isn't getting any chance that he deserves.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This is exactly why I was hesitant to get into a Ron Paul thread after all this time. No matter what I say here, you are never going to believe that Ron Paul simply didn't have the support you think he deserves. Your minds are already made up that his lack of support nationwide is the result of some grand media conspiracy.

And it's a shame too because on some issues I always agreed with Paul. He was never my candidate of choice for some other reasons, but I never dreaded the thought of a Paul run.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Sorry but the vast majority of americans HAVE been asleep at the wheel for many years now...

So then you would consider yourself to be vastly more intelligent than the "average American" then? Why, because you're a Ron Paul supporter? Please.

Just because the majority of America doesn't support your candidate doesn't mean they have been "asleep at the wheel", or that they are uninformed. It just means they don't agree with you. Deal with it.

Umm actually yeah I do consider myself more intelligent than the "average American" The average American does not understand history, money, or foreign policy....hell watch Jay Leno and watch his Jaywalking segment when he asks people stupid easy questions like who is Dick Cheney and so many people cannot look at a picture and tell me who he is...THESE PEOPLE VOTE!!! and a lot of people who are hurting the worst at this time voted for Bush.

The fact is if the average American understood and I mean really understood how things worked people would riot in the streets...compliments of the MSM and our education system it will never happen

On a side not 72% of Americans still think our dollar is backed by gold...hmmmmm

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I'll throw in my comment that almost no one i've talked to knew who he was. i had ONE friend that came to visit from another state for a week. he asked me who i was rooting for and i said ron paul. he seemed blown away by the fact that i had even heard of him. so it's not even my immediate circle of friends in NC. he also saw it in OH. My wife told her parents that we've been following updates on Paul and she had to tell them who he was.

nyk: so yeah, your comment that only a few people have been left in the dark is completely untrue. you have no evidence to support your claim. i however have given you some to support mine. if you think that the majority of voters don't get their candidate info from MSM then you are fooling yourself. news stations and their online equivalents are primary sources. i would put money on it. did they have any more than a small blurb here and there about Paul? no.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Video

Here is one of my favorite Ron Paul videos from when he was on the Alan Combs show. The topic is the tax system, Ed Brown and the IRS. I love the way Dr. Paul backslaps Neal Cavuto, who tries every method he can to trip up Paul on the topic. What a weasel. This is how Faux news treated Paul from day 1.

After watching this video how could you NOT say that Paul is the best choice for the people. He is sharp as a nail and has the experience to go with it. This man has more knowledge and more leadership skills in his left thumb than the other three dingbats have combines as a whole.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join