It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CREATION AND THE AFTERLIFE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 04:49 PM
link   
HERE IS A QUESTION I HAVE WONDERED FOR AWHILE.......... IF YOU DONT BELIVE IN CREATIONALISM OR SOMTIN LIEK THAT BUT BELIVE THAT CHRIST DIED FOR YOUR SOULS WILL YOU GO TO HEAVEN. IE... EVOLUTIONIST IVE MET SOMETHAT BELIVE THE BIBLE, EVERYTHING BUT THE PART ABOUT CREATION, YOU KNO W GOD CREATED EVOLUTIION AND JUST LET IT GO.

posted on Jan, 5 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I think that if there is an afterlife or some transition of consciousness at death it is just a natural law of the cosmos regardless of personal beliefs held by the individual. The mind set of the person probably plays more a part in where you go than what you believe or what God you worship.

posted on Jan, 5 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Don't confuse Fundamentalist Christianity with Mainstream Christianity!

The mainstreams don't hold literally to the Creationist myths. They tend to accept evolution and all sorts of scientific things that the fundamentalists don't. So, according to the mainstream (i.e., MOST Christian churches), yes, you're going to heaven.

(according to most non-christian religions, you're going to an afterlife (not hell))

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 08:49 AM
link   
According to all christians, if your not christian your going to hell

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   
"" according to christians, if your not christian your going to hell ""

wrong, our church does not teach this, we teach and (jesus) teaches that whoever is (evil) and (unjust) will go to hell.

Those wo truly do not believe christ is the christ but are just and moral to the commands will make it to heaven, and god will show
them the christ.

as long as they dont go against conscience and worship idols.

peace.

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Oh Truth, you are so brainwashed.....your religion teaches that to go to heaven you must accept Jesus, and while not accepting Jesus might not send you to hell, I don't think Purgatory is any better.

Unless you belong to some "Neo-Catholics of the World" or something that we don't know about.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I was only kidding but thanks for the response truth.

freemason, i dont think truth is brainwashed... he's nothing like brainwashed... he's just in too deep with his religion which is good.

and yes, christianity does say you must accept jesus or go to hell... well i shouldnt say christianity but christians do say this... not all of them of course

they'll give you the most infamous line they got to confirm that they're right about this and that we're wrong and we're going to hell

the line is : "jesus said i'm the way to the father"

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Yeah I was considering whether "Brainwash" was the right word to use, but was just to stubborn to remove it completely with no replacement.

Zealism, possibly...but I think truth just simply interprets his religion more tollerably than some others in his same religion, whom preach the "Accept Jesus or BURN" theory

Of which there are plenty of those.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   
freemason i am no where near brainwashed.

You just don't understand that i have not grown up catholic my
whole life.

im 21, up until i was (18) i did not even (know) what the word christian meant.

(seriously)

thats how dumd i was to this stuff.

have you even considered why i have such faith in christ?

You make it seem like i grew up being fed jesus all my life which is (far) from the truth.

illmatic, our church does not teach worship jesus or burn, and if you want i could give
you the exacat qoute from my (catechism) on this issue.

Christ is god, those and only those will go to hell who attack him and call him a liar
without (truly) not believing in him.

If you are (sincere) and do not believe with all your heart he is god, you will not be thrown into hell unless you are evil and go against the commands.

if you hate him without cause you will not make it, i assure you.

Infact this is exactly what our churches catechism teaches.

peace.

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I believe in Jesus, I just dont believe he was God, come on truth there's evidence in the gospel itself supporting this.

truth I got two questions

1)What did Jesus mean when he told Mary not to touch him because he had not returned to the father

2) Who's voice was it that came from the heaven that said "this is my son and I love him"

If Jesus was God on earth.

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 04:45 AM
link   
First of all, it's strange how you can believe the Bible but not the part about God creating the world which it CLEARLY says. So, truth, worshiping idols is bad, and it is, but how about praying to them, Mary and the saints? Truth, Jesus said that no man may come to the Father except through Him.
Illmatic, God consists of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. So the voice from heaven would be God the Father. Where in the bible is #1?

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I think that there are a lot of Christians who will read some parts of the bible literally and some parts symbollically depending on whether they can explian it or not. I think that the bible was written to be taken literally, some stuff, like Revelation, is very poetic, but that is because John is talking in metaphors for things he does not understand.

I think that the rules in the Bible were there for a reason, it should be viewed as a progressive piece of work, catalogging changes as they happened.

Just because we don't understand something doesnt mean that it is not true..

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Didn't Jesus say " am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Simple statement really, if you believe it, it means if you haven't got Jesus in your life, you're stuffed

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonclamp
Didn't Jesus say " am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Simple statement really, if you believe it, it means if you haven't got Jesus in your life, you're stuffed

That's a bit too much of a blanket statement for me!

new topics

top topics

join