It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dirty Secrets on the US Aircraft Carriers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
The PBS documentary 'carriers' is a must watch. They cut off the phones and email for a week when they diverted from Korea towards the middle east. Gang members being thrown overboard I believe is pretty far fetched. This one racist bloke did his best to finally get his stupid butt dishonorably discharged for racial slurs even though he had a number of black friends, go figure. There are so many levels of command on any ship. Disobeying orders is not tolerated. It's a highly charged environment. One girl said if your bunkmate five feet away stinks you are in for a rough ride. Curtains seemed to be everyones best friend.
If carrier crew think they got it rough, I had a boss who was a submariner. He once told me he saw one of his mates nearly go ballistic when someone used his coffee cup. Tight quarters make for tough living. That is why discipline is fiercly enforced and necessary.

[edit on 4/29/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
If this is true, I wonder why there aren't a bunch of, Mothers, Fathers, Sisters, Wifes, Husbands, lining up to demand to know where their loved ones are?

I have a loved one join the Navy, get on a ship and they don't come back, certainly would make me go hmmmm.

Now being former Navy, I know there are accidents at sea, however if this "problem" is as bad as it's being made out to be, then there would certainly be families coming forward asking questions and we'd here about more "accidents" on board the carriers.

Think about it.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Lol that is the most dumbest thing i have ever heard. First its the U.S Navy so i highly doubt that. But "if" this information is true brother i can only say this. The ship is the size of a small town so give it a break and move to something that we need to know.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by anti us gov
WHAAA and GULFSTREAMSALT are the same people. just look at the times they were online. plus one random dude would not post something like that out of the blue.

THIS THREAD IS FAKE MEANING ITS A HOAX!!

No, we are not. Try checking out the profiles before making yourself look like a fool.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Another tall tale from someone with absolutely no idea how the military works.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Makes a wicked short story though. Like the Oxbow Incident at sea. They could throw a guy overboard, but it turns out he wasn't a gangleader, but had information about a homosexual liason between the captain and a deckhand. They just claimed he was a gangleader to justify it, knowing that the court martial would go lighter on the poor sap who did the deed. I smell a TNT movie of the week, just don't give me ANY credit for the idea, if you don't mind...........

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I am sorry if any body with their wits about them commented to the OP already but after I read her post I immediately had to comment...

As a currently serving member of the US Navy who has been aboard an aircraft carrier, the USS Nimitz, where my husband is right now.. I know that what you are writing is the biggest load of bull I have ever read in my entire life. It is actually a big insult and a slap in the face.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gulfstreamsalt

OMG! I KNEW that you were going to say something in reference to the doc on pbs... I was there that deployment.. different squadrons have names.. its a tradition.. I can assure you that its not a gang name.. and if it were it will be the first gang that I will have witnessed consisting of every color, race, sex .. creed size.. etc. etc. etc. Did you even watch the documentary.. they are showing full episodes FREE online at the pbs website, I suggest you watch it and then come back.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I guess "goose" and "iceman" from topgun were really part of a gang or secret mafia in the Navy.

I'm sorry, we just didn't have time to orchestrate gangs.

There was a guy who claimed racism as a way to get out of the navy but that was him cheating the system to get out, people do it everyday.

God forbid people of the same race sit together at chow, it must mean they are in a gang.

BTW the princeton searched and searched for the man who went overboard. I highly doubt he was affiliated with a 'gang'
... We set forth many efforts looking for him .. They take man overboard extrememly serious. I am trying to cover what I believe you will post in response. I guess I'll just wait and see what other ignorance will appear.......

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I'm almost certain that the only place that needed a clearance was in Reactor.. and for obvious reasons.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Wow! How sad. These people are risking lives and then we get a thread like this!!!!!!

I hope its a joke but if its true.............do they have pimped up cars on board with the pimped up aircraft, "girls names on the planes". Suppose its Vera Lynn. LMAO

I believe in such a large place with so many people on board, there must be tensions, but, in war hopefully they are all in it together or God save us all.

If its true its game over! I would like to see proof this happens if its true(doubt), sounds like a penetentiary

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierreletrek
Wow! How sad. These people are risking lives and then we get a thread like this!!!!!!

I hope its a joke but if its true.............do they have pimped up cars on board with the pimped up aircraft, "girls names on the planes". Suppose its Vera Lynn. LMAO

I believe in such a large place with so many people on board, there must be tensions, but, in war hopefully they are all in it together or God save us all.

If its true its game over! I would like to see proof this happens if its true(doubt), sounds like a penetentiary

LOL. Well at the end of cruise they did have a give-a-way of a ford mustang and a harley davidson.. I didn't win
lol.

Yes there are tensions, it's way TOOOOOO hott, we all smell, the food sucks, the showers are too short not hot enough not cool enough.. we had jet fuel in our water... but we made it through that deployment with NO casulities on the Nimitz.. The USS Princeton had a manoverboard/lost at sea but that was ALL over the news. Just as someone said, someone's family would be asking WTF? If this were really going on.. and frankly so would I.. .. we would all have known, word gets around quickly, just like a small town, everybody knows everyone's busniess.

[edit on 29-4-2008 by galatea]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
disobeying orders ??? that is correctly refered to as " a state of mutiny " and if it occured on a USN warship - it would be dealt with swiftly and harshly...

By the sounds of it, that is exactly what may be happening...

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Sorry to bother everyone who patently shot the post down but can anyone PROVE with actual documentation the number of people missing off the carrier each year?

If you don't know how can you even know your being told the truth? Clearly this is obviously a hot button issue. Sorry folks go back to posting blurry made up videos and waxing prose about how it 'might' be a UFO video and other useless drivel.

Good Luck.

And if you forgot it was only 35 years ago that a draft was enacted that forcibly took sons and daughters and sent them to Vietnam where it was a accepted note by your US government and your top brass that thousands of service men would die. I have yet to see anything but rebuttals to the post and have not even seen any posts that answered the actual news references to gangs in the military.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I am pretty sure I said that I have been on a carrier, stationed there and so is my husband.

Was not a witness to any Gangs.

There were none. Simple as that. This is on a carrier.. maybe there's gangs somewhere else in the military but your title says dirty secrets on the us aircraft carriers. There are no dirty secrets.. just dirty underwear.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gulfstreamsalt

maybee no one addresses the claim that there are ` gangs in the US military ` because it is accepted - multiple sources verify the claim - so there is no issue

what is hotly contested is the silly claims that gangs operate no go areas on a CVN and are operating in a state of mutiny - with the ` response ` being to throw ` ring leaders ` overboard

as for the number of fatalities aboard and thier cause - instead of passing the buck - why dont you show us that thier are multiple inexplicable deaths / disaperences from on board ship of personel with demonstrable gang affiliation

PS - you have not addressed the point i raised earlier about the reaction of the remaining alleged ` gang members ` to the suden disapearence of thier leader - why ?

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Let me guess, the next false flag will be blamed on gang members in the military with al quesa connections. This will bring about martial law as they try to clean up the homeland.

Remember: Recent rebels in S. America with uranium.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
You want the truth???? You cant handle the truth!!

Sounds an awful lot like the plot of the movie "A Few Good Men." Im not buying it. Different units have different nicknames, and they more than likely hang out with each other outside of work, but a gang it does not make them.

Hell, even if there are isolated incidents where there are gangs, i dont know why people are that surprised. The military is a microcosm of regular society....there are murders, rapists, child molesters, drug dealers, you name it.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Oddly a fellow over at LibertyForum.com posted this in response:

"Friend of mine when we went to 32 Street in San Diego to load out for some landing exercise at Pendelton scored some of the best Meth ever or so he claimed. We didn't see him for two whole days since he spent them in a lower compartment watching the prop shafts turn (we were in dock so I doubt they were turning). Lucky for him he was the battery pet and his abscense was excused, but he sure looked like # once the crap wore off and he got hungry and came out to join us. One time I shipped out on the USS Okinawa a helicopter carrier and the squids regaled us of stories of the flight deck being off limits at night because several drug deals had gone bad and the losers in the fight went swimming."

Which is very interesting because there are those that VEHEMENTLY deny the possibility of such a thing, while the silent majority simply does not reply, sprinked with the few that consider the possibility, and now this posting which if it is actually a witness would solidify much of the issues of gangs, drugs, and be simply missing the MP's cleaning up bit (or 'Sargent at Arms' for those trying to be the most technically correct.)

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Racial violence breaks out aboard U.S. Navy ships

On this day, racial violence flares aboard U.S. Navy ships. Forty six sailors are injured in a race riot involving more than 100 sailors on the aircraft carrier USS Kitty Hawk enroute to her station in the Gulf of Tonkin off Vietnam. The incident broke out when a black sailor was summoned for questioning regarding an altercation that took place during the crew's liberty in Subic Bay (in the Philippines). The sailor refused to make a statement and he and his friends started a brawl that resulted in sixty sailors being injured during the fighting. Eventually 26 men, all black, were charged with assault and rioting and were ordered to appear before a court-martial in San Diego.

Four days later, a group of about 12 black sailors aboard the USS Hassayampa, a fleet oiler docked at Subic Bay, told ship's officers that they would not sail with the ship when the ship put to sea. The group demanded the return of money that allegedly had been stolen from the wallet of one of the group. The ship's leadership failed to act quickly enough to defuse the situation and later that day, a group of seven white sailors were set upon by the group and beaten. It took the arrival of a Marine detachment to restore order. Six black sailors were charged with assault and rioting.

These incidents indicated the depth of the racial problems in the Navy. All of the services had experienced similar problems earlier, but the Navy had lagged behind the others in addressing the issues that contributed to the racial tensions that erupted on the Kitty Hawk and the Hassayampa. Admiral Elmo R. Zumwalt, Jr., Chief of Naval Operations, instituted new race relations programs and made significant changes to Naval Regulations to address many of the very real issues raised by the black sailors regarding racial injustice in the Navy.

www.history.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join