It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's ex-pastor delivers spirited speech to NAACP

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
Ex

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
If Barak doesn't have the good sense to denounce this man publicly, he deserves to lose the democratic nomination.

Do you agree with everything your pastor says?
Would you stand by him if he disagreed with you?
Have you read the context of the orginal speech that started this controversy?

Mr. Wright doesn’t hate America, he loves the sound of his own voice.
He is not out of touch with the American culture,
he is the avatar of the American celebrity principle:
he grabbed his 30-second spots of infamy and turned them into
15 minutes of fame.

( This Is How It Works......Unfortunately)

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
I watched both his speeches last night, and I can't believe this man is for real. If I were black I'd be offended by his behavior. Here's a man with supposedly two Masters degrees and a doctorate:

• talking about playing the dozens
  • Mocking the moderator behind her back like an adolescent
  • and doing lame impressions of what I assume are supposed to be pompous white people who have criticized him

He gives all black people a bad name with his antics.

If Barak doesn't have the good sense to denounce this man publicly, he deserves to lose the democratic nomination.

If the man was such a horrible person, why wasn't he booed out of his speech? He did impressions of many different groups, not just whites. Are you say that his discussion of meter in music is incorrect? Or the fact that English IS different than American? The only reason people are saying Wright is hurting Obama's campaign is because the media won't shut the hell up about it. At every turn, instead of discussing the bulk of Wright's speech, they keep mentioning "WHAT IS THE DAMAGE ON OBAMA'S CAMPAIGN?!??!", and FOX News even said something to the effect of "Let us show you what Wright really said."

It's one thing to discuss a man's speech; it's another thing when they play the fear mongering card like this.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex

Personally, I think being supported by Bilderberg is far more worthy of losing a nomination than being supported by a controversial pastor.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex

Do you agree with everything your pastor says?

No, I don't. I also make it a point to let him know it too.

Would you stand by him if he disagreed with you?

If I disagreed strongly with him, "No". And if he were as racially divisive and anti-American as Reverend Wright is, I definitely wouldn't spend 20 years listening to and exposing my family to his hate-filled, paranoid rantings.

Have you read the context of the orginal speech that started this controversy?
Yes, I have unfortunately. My opinion is unchanged. A person can only be taken out of context so much. I think he means exactly what he says.

If one needs an interpreter to understand his true message, then he needs to work on his public speaking skills.

Mr. Wright doesn’t hate America, he loves the sound of his own voice.
He is not out of touch with the American culture,
he is the avatar of the American celebrity principle:
he grabbed his 30-second spots of infamy and turned them into
15 minutes of fame.

( This Is How It Works......Unfortunately)
It's unfortunate for Barack. He's the one being that will pay for Wright's rantings at the polls.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity

If the man was such a horrible person, why wasn't he booed out of his speech? He did impressions of many different groups, not just whites.
Obviously, he had a receptive audience that agrees with his inflammatory comments. The point is, he shouldn't be doing impressions of anyone unless he enjoys stereotypes, which is rather bigoted behavior wouldn't you say?What was the point of mocking the moderator? It was rather childish and unbecoming for a man of his age, especially a pastor.

Are you say that his discussion of meter in music is incorrect? Or the fact that English IS different than American?
That's about the only thing he said that was factual, the rest was nonsense. Do you also believe our government created HIV/AIDS to kill the black man?

The only reason people are saying Wright is hurting Obama's campaign is because the media won't shut the hell up about it.
If he doesn't want to be quoted, then maybe he should be careful about making unpatriotic, racially divisive comments in public. Barack is the one who said he was his spiritual advisor.

If Barack spent 20+ years listening to this man's preachings, then I must assume he agrees with his views.

At every turn, instead of discussing the bulk of Wright's speech, they keep mentioning "WHAT IS THE DAMAGE ON OBAMA'S CAMPAIGN?!??!", and FOX News even said something to the effect of "Let us show you what Wright really said."

It's one thing to discuss a man's speech; it's another thing when they play the fear mongering card like this.
I think Reverend Wright says exactly what he means. There's no "taking him out of context" going on. If Barack refuses to denounce his rantings, then I wish him luck at the polls.. He's going to need it.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Obviously, he had a receptive audience that agrees with his inflammatory comments. The point is, he shouldn't be doing impressions of anyone unless he enjoys stereotypes, which is rather bigoted behavior wouldn't you say?What was the point of mocking the moderator? It was rather childish and unbecoming for a man of his age, especially a pastor.

It's called "humor". Even John Stewart recognized that.

That's about the only thing he said that was factual, the rest was nonsense. Do you also believe our government created HIV/AIDS to kill the black man?

I don't, but there's no definitive proof either way. If you have some, I'd like you to present it.

I'll answer the rest when I get back, since I have to head out now.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

It's called "humor". Even John Stewart recognized that.
Call it humor, I call it juvenile and racially inflammatory. Imagine if the Reverend Hagee had put on a similar show for the press.. I bet it wouldn't have been considered humorous at all.

I don't, but there's no definitive proof either way. If you have some, I'd like you to present it.It's paranoia. I wouldn't attempt to disprove something that never happened. It would be illogical and idiotic to try.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I think Reverend Wright says exactly what he means. There's no "taking him out of context" going on. If Barack refuses to denounce his rantings, then I wish him luck at the polls.. He's going to need it.

Again, I have no sympathy for people who say Barrack is going to "need luck" with Rev. Wright supporting him when Bilderberg is supporting Hillary. To say that Rev. Wright is some how much worse and more deserving of this INSANE amount of talk (three days straight with no end in sight? come on now) than Bilderberg is an insult.

Call it humor, I call it juvenile and racially inflammatory. Imagine if the Reverend Hagee had put on a similar show for the press.. I bet it wouldn't have been considered humorous at all.

I'd rather side with John Stewart than you, no offense.

Originally posted by LLoyd45It's paranoia. I wouldn't attempt to disprove something that never happened. It would be illogical and idiotic to try.

It's called "considering all the options". To completely, absolutely rule out the possibility due to how absurd it sounds is ignorant, and to try to demean the man's character because he believe that is foolish.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Again, I have no sympathy for people who say Barrack is going to "need luck" with Rev. Wright supporting him when Bilderberg is supporting Hillary. To say that Rev. Wright is some how much worse and more deserving of this INSANE amount of talk (three days straight with no end in sight? come on now) than Bilderberg is an insult.
I guess Bilderberg knows better than to get up on a stage and act like a fool. I haven't heard one word about him so far..

I'd rather side with John Stewart than you, no offense.
You'd rather not address the point is what you mean to say. Honestly, how how do you think the same behavior by a white pastor like Hagee would be viewed? Do you think he could get away with mocking a black, female moderator? Do you think he could get away with doing imitations of black people? Do you think he could accuse the government of genocide and get away with it? Don't be shy, answer the questions..

It's called "considering all the options". To completely, absolutely rule out the possibility due to how absurd it sounds is ignorant, and to try to demean the man's character because he believe that is foolish. Did Wright present one iota of proof in his speech to support his theory?, "No". Is there any records to verify it ever really happened? "No" . So, what is there to investigate?

PS

I guess you missed Obama's comments today..

"I am outraged by the comments that were made and saddened over the spectacle that we saw yesterday," Obama told reporters at a news conference Tuesday.

[edit on 4/29/08 by LLoyd45]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join