It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think we're in trouble...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by funky monk

I think I've pretty much covered all the bases on this thread, but if you think of anything which might pertain to this let me know... I can do the research if you just want to give me ideas... Or if there is something you would like to more on that is already posted etc.... Thanks for the comments...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

mmmm... Ill pass on ideas as I get them.... just remember though... Ill be bringing the chocolate

-fm

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Morgellans Desease/condition...?

Morgellons - Wiki
I'm rather new to this topic, but from what I've gathered this seems to be some strange condition associated with worms... Seems those claiming to have this condition can take a silver solution which may rid them of the worms which cause this... It seems to have worked for one person, this lady in the video...

But what gets me are the fibers that come out of these people... Like they are alive... And what is the deal with shapes forming?

Seems this condition is spreading, is it contagious?

Morgellons - Weird Alien bug hits USA

It is difficult to say to what degree is Morgellons Disease contagious. Many people with this disease have family members who exhibit no symptoms whatsoever. On the other hand, many entire families have reported becoming infected at or near the same time. At this juncture, it remains unclear if these households with multiple infected members reflect contagion, due to human-to-human transmission, or some type of mutual exposure.

Could this be linked to Chem trails?

Morgellons and chem trails?

Google Video Link

What are the symptoms?

People affected with this disease experience a variety of unusual symptoms anywhere from disturbing crawling feelings on or under their skin to stinging and biting sensations and non-healing skin lesions. The skin wounds are in many cases characterized by a presence of strikingly unusual fiber-like structures. It is important to note that some patients have no lesions yet do have fibers produced from unbroken skin. Almost all people infected complain of black or white granules associated with their skin. An attack on the peripheral nervous system and on the central nervous system seems to be the second stage of this disease. At this point people infected with this illness report extreme difficulty with mental concentration, physical orientation and short term memory. Shooting pains across the surface of the arms, legs and head, sometimes ending with toothache resembling pain are also experienced by some individuals. Other most common symptoms of Morgellons Disease are: extreme fatigue; skin thickening and swelling; obstructions and poor drainage of lymphatic system; severe pain in the joints, muscles and the neck; and persistent diarrhea. Some of the by-products of this disease are unexpected mood swings, deep depression, and apathy to the world around us.

Full FAQ

[edit on 30-5-2008 by ElectricUncleSam]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by funky monk

very good topic, i will study this lots more when i get home from work! You are 100% right - we are heading towards an ICE AGE! 90% of the Earth`s history was ICE AGE , it is just a matter of time.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
that video you posted of the glacier falling.....that has nothing to do with Global Warming....its a natural progression of glaciers when they get too big and reach land.....

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Our Ozone Hole Is Growing

Was researching some weather info. and found during my browsing the ozone layer is at it's worst in history... The hole is huge!

What is the ozone hole?

The "ozone hole" is a loss of stratospheric ozone in springtime over Antarctica, peaking in September. The ozone hole area is defined as the size of the region with total ozone below 220 Dobson units (DU). Dobson Units are a unit of measurement that refer to the thickness of the ozone layer in a vertical column from the surface to the top of the atmosphere, a quantity called the "total column ozone amount." Prior to 1979, total column ozone values over Antarctica never fell below 220 DU. The hole has been proven to be a result of human activities--the release of huge quantities of chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) and other ozone depleting substances into the atmosphere.

How big was the 2007 ozone hole, and is it getting bigger?

Every four years, a team of many of the top scientists researching ozone depletion put together a comprehensive summary of the scientific knowledge on the subject, under the auspices of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO). According to their most recent assessment, (WMO, 2006), monthly total column ozone amounts in September and October have continued to be 40 to 50% below pre-ozone-hole values, with up to 70% decreases for periods of a week or so. During the last decade, the average ozone hole area in the spring has increased in size, but not as rapidly as during the 1980s. It is not yet possible to say whether the area of the ozone hole has maximized. However, chlorine in the stratosphere has reached nearly constant levels and is expected to start declining, so the ozone hole may have seen its maximum size. Annual variations in temperature will probably be the dominant factor in determining differences in size of the ozone hole in the near future, due to the importance of cold-weather Polar Stratospheric Clouds (PSCs) that act as reactive surfaces to accelerate ozone destruction.

The 2007 hole was fairly average when compared to those of the past 15 years. On September 13, 2007, the hole reached it maximum size of 24 million square kilometers (9.3 million square miles), a full 18% smaller than the 2006 hole. The 2006 hole reached its maximum size of 29 million square kilometers (11.3 million square miles) on September 24, 2006, according to NASA. This is very close to the record ozone hole size of September 10, 2000, when it covered 29.2 million square kilometers (11.5 million square miles). The depth of the hole, however, was greater in 2006 than in 2000. the amount of lost ozone amounted to 40 million tons on October 2, beating 2000's record of 39 million tons. The lowest ozone value of 2006 was 102 Dobson units, compared to the record low of 88 Dobson units (observed in 1993). The graph below, taken from NOAA's Climate Prediction Center, compares the 2007 ozone hole size with previous years. The smaller size of this year's hole is due to the warmer winter weather than occurred in 2006, leading to formation of fewer Polar Stratospheric Clouds (PSCs) than in 2006. These clouds act as ozone destroying chemical factories. The U.N. Environment Program (UNEP) said in August 2006 that the ozone layer would likely return to pre-1980 levels by 2049 over much of Europe, North America, Asia, Australasia, Latin America and Africa. In Antarctica, the agencies said ozone layer recovery would likely be delayed until 2065.

Has there been ozone loss in places besides Antarctica?

Yes, ozone loss has been reported in the mid and high latitudes in both hemispheres during all seasons (WMO, 2006). Relative to the pre-ozone-hole abundances of 1980, the 2002-2005 losses in total column ozone were:
# About 3% in the Northern Hemisphere south of 60°N
# About 6% in the Southern Hemisphere north of 60°S

Other studies have shown the following ozone losses:
# About 12% at Punta Arenas, Chile, the southernmost city in the world (Abarca and Casiccia, 2002).
# About 8% in summer in southern Australia (Manin et. al., 2001).
# About 10-15% in summer in New Zealand (McKenzie et. al., 1999).

In the Arctic, some recent cold winters have led to 30% losses in total column ozone in early spring. Ozone loss in the Arctic is highly dependent on the meteorology, due to the importance of cold-weather Polar Stratospheric Clouds (PSCs) that act as reactive surfaces to accelerate ozone destruction. For this reason, the warm Arctic winter of 1998/1999 saw very little ozone loss due to the lack of PSCs, while the cold 1999/2000 winter saw a 20-25% loss of ozone.

A future Arctic ozone hole similar to that of the Antarctic appears unlikely, due to differences in the meteorology of the polar regions of the northern and southern hemispheres (WMO, 2002). However, a recent model study (Rex et. al., 2004), indicates that future Arctic ozone depletion could be much worse than expected, and that each degree Centigrade cooling of the Arctic may result in a 4% decrease in ozone. This heightened ozone loss is expected due to an increase in PSCs. The Arctic stratosphere has cooled 3°C in the past 20 years due the combined effects of ozone loss, greenhouse gas accumulation, and natural variability, and may cool further in the coming decades due to the greenhouse effect (WMO, 2002). An additional major loss of Arctic (and global) ozone could occur as the result of a major volcanic eruption (Tabazadeh, 2002).

Please visit the website for more information.

More links with more information on ozone...
Wiki - Ozone
NOVA - Ozone

Ozone depleting substances....
Full Source

What you can do!
This has some helpfull tips!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Update to Ozone troubles...

I found this website which gives lots of up to date info. on the ozone hole along with other information...

TOMS

For most detailed info. please visit the link, thanks!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

Star and flag for you! I feel the same way, the earth is doing what the earth does, and history THAT WE KNOW OF says that it cleans itself up ever so often, killing off whatever is on it and replacing it with new species. I do think the human race has the ablility to save a lot of it's race, but certainly not all. People do need to wake up and start thinking and doing what they can to survive the natural disasters that an ice age could bring on.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Electricunclesam....

It is never too late to change things. No matter what people may make you think or believe... we can always change things. It's just that there may not be enough people who are willing to change. If we wanted our future to be bright and full of hope, it would be. But people are so set in their every day lives, and they dont care much to look outside of that, at what's really going on in the world.

If they did start to care, maybe we could have a great future. But as of right now there just arent enough people who care to change the world.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
EXCELLENT thread Electric Uncle Sam S+F

Really good work indeed, well put together, and good sources open minded and based on facts to!

Thank you for the gathering together of all these topics affecting us all Now.

I keep up to track with this all the time, but hopefully will open some peoples eyes to the reality we face.

You might like the links on my Signature below for some more sources, re Bees and morgelmelons

In addition I thought you might like Humans closest & Sex Mad Relatives Under Threat of Extinction

Thank you again.

Kind Regards

Elf.
elf edit link.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Electric Uncle Sam and others too,

I love your thread, however I will say one thing, which is unfortunate in recent years that has happened.

Global Warming.

With the spin for years by massively funded by Washington and oil cartels muddying the waters, and withdrawing funding to the scientists who need that to feed and clothe themselves the issue has become very very muddied.

What has happened is that one factor has been blamed on naturally occurring ones anyway.

After the years of denials, "Humans are too insignificant" to affect the environment type of responses, this when real serious research became available to counter this was blocked by GW bush and co and they forced out two of the lead scientists from the IPCC and as said used funding withdrawal threats to universities to isolate the real science on this.

Years ago Woods Hole Oceanographic institute Proved a link between human activity and a raise in the temp of the Ocean. they were able to do this as the worlds Oceans have absorbed most of the Co2 put out by man, and this rise in Oceanographic Co2 could be seen to correlate with the rise expected in temp of the oceans, after the time period predicted (no computers simple a4 pages of equations!) for the ocean to absorb the heat and show a raise in temp.

The absorbsion of both Co2 and Temp by the oceans is much less complicated to predict and prove than the very very complex and chaotic nature of the atmospheric climate patterns.

You can use a very simple lab equipment (no computer models! but they are used, for ease) with a known amount of water, at known salinities etc and the absorbsion rates of calorific content in the atmosphere across the surface area of that body of water.

Without getting to technical its a very reliable way of testing this, with a known level of error variance.

However when this report came out ever since the Paid for by the same spin firms who provided the "science" with credible "scientists" to say tobacco does not harm humans until very recently, then went to work on the global warming, specifically the human impact on it.

It was simple for them, 70% of all scientists in the Western world work for the Military Industrial Complex, or are funded by universities that require that funding to continue.

In addition to this with the muddying first and peoples obviously not wanting to have no electricity, cars or economic development to tackle this real danger people accepted when they said "its natural"

Well of course the Earths climate changes naturally, due to Cosmic and natural earth rhythms, volcanoes etc but we are adding to this as well, and nature does not like the speed with which we have done this, and the effects of the greenhouse house gases and other pollutants, to include just water particles too in the very High atmosphere, close to where the Ozone situation you mention too.

Just the lack of an Ozone layer increases ultraviolet light hitting the earth to think this does affect the environment, when it causes proven skin cancer is simply put more than ignorant.

Anyhow we as humans are without a doubt affecting and feeding into an already changing environment, and especially the atmosphere.

In fact the "Fingerprints" of Human affected and caused warming have now been found in ALL parts of the earth and also as mentioned in the Oceans.

There last piece of the proof that got no MSM coverage hardly was only from a few days ago:

n its landmark Fourth Assessment Report, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) declared in 2007 that human influence on climate "has been detected in every continent except Antarctica".

Now a paper in Nature Geoscience says that our impact can be found even in the last wilderness.

While some specific climate changes have been linked to human activity, especially in the Arctic, it has not yet been possible to conclusively demonstrate a link to actual surface temperature changes at both poles. When they made their statement on Antarctica, the IPCC cited "insufficient observational coverage to make an assessment"

Changes actually observed did not fit with the models when only natural climate changes and variability were present. They were only explainable when human influence on the climate was taken into account.

30th Oct 08 Study Research Team At Antartic - Nature Magazine

Truly spin, gore, taxes, guilt aside it is as proven as we can with current science.

I don't bother posting on it anymore normally or arguing with those who have fallen for the "Double Agent" approach from the big governments and Oil Companies, they wanted us to believe then not very quickly, it is the same approach they have used on the UFO topic.

I’ve had a really interesting career and academic life to date, and know the science on this from when studying years ago. When I look at the journals etc, though my Maths is not that strong and I have had always had to work on it for complex data sets, I don't understand how people with any ability to pick through it can come to any other conclusion.

I used to spend a lot of time on here arguing on here for and against the Human influence aspect, but don't feed the trolls anymore with my time, most people will make their minds up from TV and personal gain, and lack of guilt goals.

Anyway thought I would add that as you seem very open minded, if you want any sources which are technical in nature mail me you have a U2U with my email.

This seemed the right place to put it as I didn’t bother making a thread on this new report.

Poster with your one liner that its natural glacial collapse, oh really?

Natural maybe but going a lot faster than it should, its called Feedback and very worrying.

Kind Regards,

Elf.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
OH MY GOD!

... And so then we must ask ourselves; How is it that they kew that 'there would be rumors of War, & Earthquakes, etc??' ...

Perhaps because this is all staged, & Planet Earth is a Playgroud for Aliens, & a school.

And if I'm just a cook, the World is flat, & the Moon is only an illusion made my Santa, in collusion with the Easter bunny because you saw it on TV.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by Time=Now]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan123
Electricunclesam....

It is never too late to change things. No matter what people may make you think or believe... we can always change things. It's just that there may not be enough people who are willing to change. If we wanted our future to be bright and full of hope, it would be. But people are so set in their every day lives, and they dont care much to look outside of that, at what's really going on in the world.

If they did start to care, maybe we could have a great future. But as of right now there just arent enough people who care to change the world.

I LOVE WHAT YOU JUST SAID! -
... I want to be your friend ;-)
Cheesy, yes, but no... you took the time to say that, & who knows, you could've started crying as you we posting, but at least you TOOK ACTION!!!!

EVERYONE MUST TAKE ACTION!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   

DEPLETED OXYGEN LEVELS ON EARTH

Speakeroftruth's thread is a good start with some valuable information and some very interesting points are made... He was kind enough to let me use his thread in conjunction with what I might find on the side...

Start with Speakeroftruth'sthread and anything else I can find I'll post here...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Very interesting addition, thank you... I found something you might be interested in... I provided some highlights, but the full article is definitely worth reading...

Earth, but not as we know it...

CNN: Does a reliable climate record stretch back 3.8 billion years?

JZ: It does, though it gets better and better as the rocks get younger. Way back that far, there are some indications that the Earth was really quite warm. It might have been upwards of 50-60 degrees centigrade, although this evidence is uncertain.

But there is cast iron evidence going back up to 2.5 billion years ago of episodes of cold (glaciations). These leave distinctive marks on the geography of the time which translates into the strata we now look at.

CNN: How would you describe our impact on the planet?

JZ: What we're doing is coming into this rather dynamic yet delicately balanced system where you switch from one state to another and it's like we are hitting it hard with a hammer.

Because of the effect of land use changes we are changing how reflective the Earth is. And particularly by putting more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere we're changing the heat balance of the Earth. The best prediction, held by the great majority of scientists, is that it will tip the Earth into a warmer state, something like that which pertained before the ice ages started (between three and tens of million years ago).

But the timing isn't certain. When change takes place it often changes at times called tipping points. Things carry on much the same while the system is being pushed and then it gives way fairly quickly and refashions itself into a new system.

If I was a betting man, I would say that somewhere within the next few centuries or perhaps even the next few decades the earth will re-orientate itself into what will likely be a global climate warmer by somewhere between three to five degrees centigrade.

CNN: What part has CO2 played in previous warming episodes?

JZ: We've got very good records for CO2 for the last one million years because you get bubbles of air trapped in polar ice and those have been drilled, measured, analyzed and they give an entirely consistent story showing temperature rises in step with CO2. There is an argument as to cause and effect -- but CO2's heat-trapping effects have been known for over a century.

Going further back in time it is harder to measure CO2. You can look at fossil leaves or chemistry of the limestones laid down in the oceans or of fossils. They give an idea that 100 million years ago CO2 levels were several times higher that today. But then there were hardly any ice caps on Earth and sea levels were getting on for a hundred meters higher than now.

Though we can't measure exactly the levels CO2 in the atmosphere at the time, we can see changes in carbon atoms that went into fossils. These can reveal ancient carbon release events.

The worry is that we're putting in some CO2 and maybe that is only the beginning. We warm the climate a bit and maybe disturb huge reservoirs of methane trapped in ocean floor sediments and in permafrost. If we release those then we could have quite severe warming.

CNN: Climate change deniers often seize on evidence of previous pre-historic periods of warming as proof that humans are not to blame for the current crisis. Are they right?

JZ: They are right and they are wrong, if you like. They are right in that the earth has seen climate changes on all scales -- there have been long episodes of more or less stability and also episodes of sharp changes and we are reading those better and better. Science is advancing quite fast here.

But the climate change deniers are wrong in asserting that humans can't seriously affect climate: we can and we are doing.

For the past 10,000 years we have been living in a remarkably stable climate where temperature hasn't changed by much more than a degree globally and sea level hasn't changed much more than a meter of so. The previous half a million years have been marked by quite sharp up and down changes, every few thousand years of a few degrees centigrade.

We've gone out of that into a climate plateau if you like. And we are living in a warm event that has lasted longer than any of the three previous ones. The climate is a delicately balanced machine and it would be best to try and leave it set as it is. All of our lives, our agriculture, our cities, our buildings are based on the world's geography staying as it is.

The oceanographer Wallace Broecker has worked on these problems his whole life. He has a number of pithy phrases. One goes something like is; 'The climate is an angry beast. Best not to provoke it'.

It has been an angry beast in the past and our actions may well provoke it again.

What we don't want is to make it change more quickly than it would do otherwise into something that would be much less comfortable for civilization.

So far, we are a very short-lived species, about 160,000 years. The typical species span is between one and five million years. So we've arrived very recently and it's really only in the last 10,000 years -- a blink of the eye geologically -- that we've developed and it's only in the last 200 that our effects have gone global.

FULL SOURCE

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by calihan123
Electricunclesam....

If they did start to care, maybe we could have a great future. But as of right now there just aren't enough people who care to change the world.

You're right about one thing, we can change things, however, I think it's too late... The movie the 11th hour covers this very well... The film was made last year in 07, so it's already a year old... In the film I believe they mentioned how a 7 degree increase in temperature would mean the extinction and death of the planet as far as we are concerned... One of the scientist said, that if we stopped polluting 100% today, right now, the earth would still increase in temperature by at least 3 degrees before it would stabilize out, it's been a year already and still nothing has changed... The big oil is going to fight this to capitalize on their product, oil, as long as they can... Not only that but our whole infrastructure is based on oil... everything we do and produce requires oil in one form or another... so that would all have to go away and we would literally have to rebuild everything... A scientist in the film said this is a good time to be alive because we have the opportunity to do just this... To reinvent everything and to him that was exciting... but to me it's like a slap in the face... reason being, we've known about electric powered vehicles and have known about green technology for over 150 years and yet we waited till now to actually consider using it... If we had gone with electric vehicles over gas powered vehicles we would not be in this conundrum today... the fact is, the planet is hurting, it's degrading and dieing and yes we can start to change our ways and learn to subtract from the problem, but that's going to take too long I'm afraid...

Also know that all our predictions on global warming have been way off... they are finding the rate in which the planet is changing is increasing and is doing so much faster than they had predicted... for example, they predicted the ice caps would last for at least 100 years, they are now saying they might not last 10... And I think that is even wrong... If warming increases like it is, we may lose our ice caps in as little as 3-4 years... Pay attention to the ice caps, cuz once those are gone or start to really break apart and disappear all hell is going to break out on earth... flooding of course, but even worse will be the billions of displaced peoples, the spread of disease, martial law and much much more... this is why I believe and strongly believe it is time to prepare and that preparation is much more important at this time than salvation of the planet, although we should continue our efforts until we can do no more, obviously...

Now you might think, well what can we do...? I'll tell you and it's simple.. .You can tell everyone you know about the problem, you can school them on how to be less greedy with nature, for example, don't toss trash out your car window... ride a bike if you can vs. driving a car... turn off the water when you brush your teeth... but most important is to spread the knowledge... Knowledge is power and the key to our salvation... and you wonder why the governments like to keep everything a secret, because if we knew everything we'd know better and might look at driving a gas powered car as being bad instead of cool and believe me this is only the tip of the ice burg, no pun intended...

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
excellent thread s&f

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Thank you to everyone who enjoyed this thread, I will be working on a new thread, similar to the setup of this one which will detail more current findings... I'm gather the sources and doing the research and should be able to start soon... I will post here when I have finished...

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Weve survived one ice age. we can and we will survive another one.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join