It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists: We've found creator's tracks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kelbtalfenek

but apparently we only need evidence for Evolution (which there are quantities of) .. but we do not need evidence for Creationism, as we are just supposed to believe that it happened because someone else told us to.

Not even one piece of evidence to support it...

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
That is funny thoe, just becuz they havent found proof that its proof in itself....
thats comming from our greatest minds??? am I the only one who doesnt think thats a very scientific statement? How about our ability to detect an understand things? im sure we arent the best we could be or else our motto wouldnt be, " Whelp if we didnt find the terrorist, that means there isnt any terrorism. " Theres what about 99% of the universe an space around us that we dont know and understand. an we are trying to find out scientificly no doubt how our metaphysical selfs came into being....

I wouldnt be suprised to find out, we created it together....... all of us as one.

but for most thats a concept so far out there its insane. but in many ways make the most sense. we ( all of us ) are a neverending combined entity constantly sprawling our arms, leggs, tenticles, whiskers, wings, minds hearts an souls into everything we can see constantly learning, growing, an understanding thru experience.

the 1st cells could of been our 1st egg breaking so to speak into this realm of exsistence.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
OUR creator could have been an intelligent race that seeded the planet with millions of varieties of life (each single cell adapting say on a mountain or in an ocean) or it could have been an accident, say shower of meteors containing spores that caught up in the atmosphere and filtered downards upon the globe.

As I say just a theory, but as relevant as anyone else.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by alienib

i doubt that aliens are god since there is many of them and even if they made us what is the point of our life and whom made them thus i conclude that there is a god that created everything

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Evolution is like seeing a vehicle for the first time.

You can start it, stop it, accelerate, break, and steer it.
It exists, and it works, this cannot be refuted.

But until you open the hood, you can only theorize how.

The current theory is that the new car is used, because it's better than the old one. And that if you look back far enough, you will find similarities between it and the steam engine.

And there are those who, for some reason, believe that the new car doesnt actually exist at all, and steam engines were always able to go from 0 to 60 in 3 seconds.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I have always believed that all of this developing by random unguided action is more far fetched than believing in some kind of creator. In physics entropy dictates things fall into disorder, yet there is some order in randomness such as waves patterns, fractals, etc.

I don't pretend to know the truth, only that there is more to the story than what we can know at the present. Your dogs view of the universe is consistent from a dogs point of view . You are the center of the world, you bring food, provide shelter and affection. He has no concept of, for example, your job or schooling, how you have to get money to provide for yourself as well as for him. That is a level way beyond the canine mind.

I think we at a dogs level when it come to understanding reality. We can see what is in our range of perception, and make some kind of sense of it, but the depth totally escapes us.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by alienib

I will remain an evolutionist until I see some real evidence to prove other wise

eeehm, I have a question, rockpuck: You claim to be a 32nd degree Mastermason.
Do Freemasons not believe in a Supreme being? Everywhere in Freemason literature and any publication it is one of the basic premises of Masonry.
My grandfather, who was a mason, also stressed the importance of the 'Intelligent Design' behind this reality. The Fatherfigure who is the source of life.
Yet you say you are an evolutionist.

Something does not compute here. Enlighten me please, If you are allowed to.

I believe that this reality/plane is only a symbol and that it is quite impossible to find conclusive evidence of either design or evolution.
For every answer creates a million new questions.
Possibly you, as a mason, have been taught answers that allow you to believe in intelligently designed evolution??!!
Or do I detect some floating balloonness?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
OUR creator could have been an intelligent race that seeded the planet with millions of varieties of life (each single cell adapting say on a mountain or in an ocean) or it could have been an accident, say shower of meteors containing spores that caught up in the atmosphere and filtered downards upon the globe.

As I say just a theory, but as relevant as anyone else.

Yeh, sure, but who or what created this intelligent race?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dervishmadwhirler

i agree plus a 32nd degree wont even waste its time here

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28/4/2008 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
i believe in aliens already. i think we are the product of aliens.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28/4/2008 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Possibly you, as a mason, have been taught answers that allow you to believe in intelligently designed evolution??!!

I want to add to this.

We know that species evolve, slowly to the point where there are branches of that species which can be classified as a different species all together.
And, given the millions of years current life has gone through, we now have countless species.

This is what we know has happened.

The theory, as I keep stating, is HOW it works.
Is an outside presence such as a god guiding the evolutionary process? This is also a valid theory.
Is it a series of random modifications, in which the best one survives easier? This is the current one that seems the most likely.
Is it clockwork that is pre-programmed? Very unlikely, but it is still a valid theory.

This is the point to theorizing. To get as many possible options on the table to be tested and re-created. The one that proves to be right, becomes fact.

But do NOT confuse Evolutionary Theory, with Evolutionary Fact.

The fact is, we have direct and irrefutable evidence that species evolve to become other species.
The theory is how it works.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienib
I fail to see how old fossils prove evolution. When did that process stop?

Actually fossils disprove evolution.

Lastly and most importantly, Chinese scientists at Chengjiang have made a new discovery, the Yunnanzoon, a chordate.(7)

The Phylum Chordata is the most complex animal group of all and includes fish and mammals. So the chordates were present at the beginning of multicellular life and did not appear later as is predicted by evolutionary theory.

Life did not start out simple and evolve into more complex and diverse animals; it was complex and diverse right at the beginning. This contradiction between the fossil data and the predictions of evolutionary theory falsifies the theory. The evidence from the Cambrian explosion is that evolution simply cannot be true.

personal.georgiasouthern.edu...

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

But do NOT confuse Evolutionary Theory, with Evolutionary Fact.

You mean evolutionary faux. There is zero evidence for macro evolution.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I agree with Intelligent design because it is something that we as a species will soon be capable of. In about 200 years, if we were able to locate a planet capable of supporting life while orbiting a suitable star, we would be able to not only terraform it, but seed it with simple and quite possibly complex life forms. Whose to say that our creator wasn't just a bit more advanced than us? Maybe this is what is done by any sentient lifeform given the gift of intelligence and the ability to manipulate objects. Kinda like paying it forward. The seeds of life have been given to us in the form of DNA. All we need do is find a suitable place with good sunlight and add water.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
"Wherefrom has this world come? He Who is in the highest has made it, perhaps, He too hasn't made it. He alone knows, maybe even He doesn't know.

Rig Veda (c. 1000 BCE) sacred Hindu literature.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I'm very annoyed that you keep bringing up Creationism. This is not about creationism, this is about some form of Intelligent Design. I'd rather refer to it as Divine-Inspired Evolution since the Creator had his hand in designing the beginning, not in the designing of evolving species. Drop the creationism argument at the door in this thread, please.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I believe we came from alien test tubes. The first man and woman sprang from that sort intelligent design and thats as good a theory as a recycled auto or evolution of any kind. Since no one has proof, we are all correct

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
In my opinion, it requires just as much faith as religion to believe we spontaneously and accidentally came to be where we are now. I mean, the probability of this happening isn't very high. Time alone does not make the impossible happen. However, micro evolution does occur and it is pretty much proven.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

However, micro evolution does occur and it is pretty much proven.

Ok we are not talking about bacteria or some micro organism, we are talking about man...a bit of a difference since I guess you could say that plants evolve from a seed. I have found nothing that said man came from any seed that is planted in the ground.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

In the reality of things I don't think any of this matters I'm a spirit that came here for the human experience for some reason The only field of study for me is to practice to keep my awareness at the time of my death. I am Irish as well

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join