It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Lights Over House - 6 minutes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I couldn't find that this was posted...

It was added to YouTube on 4/22--the user has no UFO interest/background based on other videos in his profile.

He captured some lights moving back and forth over a neighbors house.

Definitely interesting....

delius

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The motion of his camera was making me sick. LOL

Could it be a construction crane moving? I dont know. Crazy! He sounds really freaked out. LOL It really does NOT look like CGI...but what could it be?

[edit on 26-4-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
well, i sent him a message on YouTube to come here and give some more details...we shall see if he shows up!

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This one is pretty interesting indeed. It seems that whatever that thing is, just moves back and forward, constantly. I thought it could be something like a crane, instead something in the air, but who knows. Creepy, I don't think it's CGI.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
He does sound really freaked out. To me, he sounds legit and the video looks legit.

What it is, i have no idea

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
could be a tower with lights at the top

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sadosi

A tower that moves in front of and behind the same set of trees several times?

That is the most amazing part of the video in my opinion - not the lights themselves but the way they move... they keep going behind that same set of trees and then coming back in front.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Could it be a construction crane moving?

Good call, I reckon. It never does anything inccompatible with a crane's movement, the lower lights always seem to be angled in toward a point as it moves across and back. Could be a crane scheduled to do work on a site with too much traffic during the day.

Doesn't look all that interesting to me, though the reaction is fun to watch (and it's generally easier to get creeped out at 2 am

[edit on 27-4-2008 by 987931]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This sounds legit. That is to say, that's probably how I'd sound if I was videotaping strange lights outside my neighbor's house at 1 in the morning. As usual it's impossible to make out anything besides the bright lights, but their movement is definitely strange.

If it was a crane, wouldn't the guy have heard some construction going on? Also, that looks like a suburban area. It seems really unlikely to me that there would be construction at that hour.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
great...

...and then what happened? The guy got bored and walked away? It's not interesting until it does something abnormal.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
he said he's a filmmaker... and he can't bust out a tripod or work his zoom? My bet is that it's something mundane and the shooter knows it.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Great find
This kind of freaked me out when i watched it. i will be watching this thread for further information. I do hope the guy who filmed this gives us sum more information. Great Find indeed.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by delius

Hmmm...Very interesting stuff.
Thanks..

J.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
First he says that it's stationary, but it moves. Then he says that they are flying back and forth over a house. Then he says they are following the same path, but then he switches up and says they are over a road and he knows there aren't any houses over there and after saying over and over, it's not a plane, it's not a helicopter, he says that it could be a plane or a helicopter...does this bother anyone else? Hope it's not a form of mind control. Why didn't he continue shooting until they left? Strange.

Still pretty cool, though.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
there are obvious cuts for those of you who say he repeats things here and there.
i think the creator of the video should come here and clear up a few things, like, how long was he taping? did he see the lights on any other night? did he talk to the neighbors? many more questions to be asked if the films creator comes to talk with us here.

as for the people that think it's a crane, you're all idiots. i live in NYC so i see cranes almost every day, all the time. in high populated areas cranes don't work at night, also they tend to have orange lights as they're less obstructive on the workers eyes. the video's resolution isn't the best but it's still pretty clear that the lights are changing in color. the red and blue shifts can be explained as the object moving toward and away from the camera, but that doesn't explain green or yellow or the purple.

what really makes me think though, is if infact that is an alien craft, what purpose would it have in hovering back and forth multiple times? if there are aliens in this craft, and they're scanning something, why would they fly back and forth to repeat the scan multiple times? i'd assume that if they can do interstellar travel, their scanning devices would be able to scan things in a heart beat.

i'd also like to point out that the ufo is rectangular. you can tell by the orientation of the light sources, the smallest light being the corner of the rectangle farthest away from the perspective of the camera operator.

i'd also like to point out that he did call himself a film maker, yet he didn't bust out his tripod, nor did he demonstrate a competent ability to hold a camera steady, even in zoom. granted he was 'scared' but that doesn't grant him the excuse to fruck up so bad.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crabmeat
in high populated areas cranes don't work at night, also they tend to have orange lights as they're less obstructive on the workers eyes.

Where the evidence of it being highly populated?

the red and blue shifts can be explained as the object moving toward and away from the camera, but that doesn't explain green or yellow or the purple.

Red and blueshifts, ya think? -- and you go around calling other people stupid

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
i can see with just my eye in the video.

the light's on top as he call's it are connected via a beem or something to the light's on the bottom.

the crane theory can't be plausible for one reason.
it move's 2 or more house lenght's each time it move's.

let's say it's a mile away..
it moves what looks 2 house link's via the house you see in front of the camera.
if that ufo is a mile away it would be close to 20 house's length each time it moved.
by how a eye or camera see's it.

can you understand what i am trying to say.
i can't buy the crane yet.
no crane has a 20 house reach & it's night time in a sub burb...
no city or town will give them consent to work at night.....
people have to sleep go to work ect....
see my point.

but no idea what it is lol

but we need a video expert to try to pull out what is connecting the top light's to the bottom light's...it's visable but just barely.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Hmmm..interesting..besides the slow panning from side to side there's this superfast movement..too fast for the eye to see and the spectrum shift in colour.

This phenomenon was seen in Stephenville, Texas with the David Caron footage and also in
reams of Dorothy Izatt's stuff over the years as well.

Someone with good video analysis software please slow this down to frame by frame and let's have a looky then.

Edited to add that upon closer observation, slowing down to individual frames, I couldn't tell whether the artifacts(colour shift, phosphor lag) were due to camera jerkiness or were the actual properties of the object ..anyway a lesson to all would be movie-makers ..tripod..tripod..tripod!

Still interesting though

[edit on 28-4-2008 by OEAOHOO]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

I completely understand what you are saying. And you are probably right! Thanks for being a man and not calling us idiots
(assuming you are a man - lol)

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime
the crane theory can't be plausible for one reason.
it move's 2 or more house lenght's each time it move's.

let's say it's a mile away..
it moves what looks 2 house link's via the house you see in front of the camera.

if that ufo is a mile away it would be close to 20 house's length each time it moved.

Fair point to raise but I can think of a plausible scenario in which, with a very quick calculation, it is more like 4 or 5 house lengths. Not sure how you get 20.

I must say I've never seen a crane operating at night, though of course the sun could have just gone down for all we know.

[edit on 28-4-2008 by 987931]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join