It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Lights Over House - 6 minutes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Well, I guess he wont take up my offer to visit here. lol

We will probably never know. Eh, oh well.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Hmmmmmmmm.........

I think at 2:00 am .....my guess: work lights

and, boy, what a pottie mouth!

Let's hope he will visit ATS with further explanation!

xoxoxox
bastardbob

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bastardbob

and, boy, what a pottie mouth!

LMAO 'bastard'bob

I actually would expect a potty mouth if seeing something unexplainable.
Okay, maybe that is just how I am.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crabmeat

as for the people that think it's a crane, you're all idiots.

I don't think that the idiot here is who's guessing that it's a crane.
There are other pre-requisites needed to be called idiot: for example, to act like an idiot, to speak like a idiot, and to don't read the Terms And Conditions Of Use before joining a community.
And by the way, i've never read a bunch of BS all together like in your post, but i'm not calling you an "idiot" because Civility and Decorum are Required.

See also:
Terms And Conditions Of Use

Courtesy is mandatory

[edit on 28/4/2008 by internos]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Well..here's an idiot that needs to upload a gif of 'the crane' ..anyone know how?

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
There are Gantry Cranes that can move back and forth on rubber tires and rails. They are also used to lay railroad tracks. I don't know if they would use them at night or not.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Figured it out;

files.abovetopsecret.com...

So much for my first post in this thread ..just plain wrong

I chopped some frames from the footage where I could get clear shots of both sets of lights ..somewhat difficult in this case

I then tried to stabilize the jerkiness of the camera by fixing the frames to a common
point, in this case the window of the house in the foreground..and then animated the gifs to form a sequence. It's the best I can do..perhaps Internos can do better?

For me it appears that the lights are fixed to a pivoted rotating object:

(a) There appears to be a darker space between the lights indicating a solid object connecting them.

(b) As the lights move from our right to left the lights on our left (top and bottom) dim slightly indicating that they are shining away at angle, indicating rotation

So, I'm tending towards a tall arm-like object, angled at about 70 degrees to the horizontal, and pivoted and rotating at it's base...what am I?

[edit on 28-4-2008 by OEAOHOO]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by OEAOHOO

Of course you aren't an idiot mate, have a star from me for both good work and excellent construction: it does make sense, if you ask me.
Too bad the quality of the video is crappy, and imho that's not just due the lossy compression of youtube:

the profile of the hill is clearly visible and the base of the *possible* structure match the top of the hill: so a structure is the most logical explanation so far.
It would be interesting to know the exact location of the video and to take a look at the original, since the 90% of the footage shows just a bunch of pixels.

Ed, you can download a converted .avi version from here but the quality sucks

www.videoconvertx.com...

[edit on 28/4/2008 by internos]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Interesting vid.

The only thing is that if it were a crane, I would assume that it would still be there in the morning. I know if that was me I would take another look in daylight and try to "see" if there is anything it could have been. I mean, come on, cranes are pretty big and would not be assembled for just a couple of hours at night, then disappear in the morning. I would imagine it takes a while to assemble one (well the big ones which this could be although there are the smaller ones on trucks).

We have a crane at the end of our road that has been here for ages. It does not work at night and it has a red (non-flashing) lights on it. When it is being operated it does make a sound, which at night would be quite audible.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Ta mate ..hard to make sense of these murk 'n jerk vids ..and although not conclusive it's a bit clearer I hope.

the profile of the hill is clearly visible and the base of the *possible* structure match the top of the hill: so a structure is the most logical explanation so far.
It would be interesting to know the exact location of the video and to take a look at the original, since the 90% of the footage shows just a bunch of pixels.

yup

The only thing is that if it were a crane, I would assume that it would still be there in the morning. I know if that was me I would take another look in daylight and try to "see" if there is anything it could have been. I mean, come on, cranes are pretty big and would not be assembled for just a couple of hours at night, then disappear in the morning.

yup ..speaks volumes about our budding filmographer

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
If there are some docks it could be loading cranes working there. It looks like it is in the distance, rather than "over" the house as it moves behind stuff. The lights all move together and there are four of them in two pairs, so it is not a group of flying lights. You can even make out the arm outline to which they are attached.

It would definately help to have some daylight footage of the area to discount cranes or construction machines.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by delius

The Military would call this SWAMP GAS
or should I say a weather balloon?.

A good video we need more of these.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
If I were filming this, I'd continue until I ran out of memory. But if this guy is a videographer, wouldn't he have additional memory to continue filming? Also, since there sounds to be someone there with him, wouldn't you send that person with you in the car to get closer to the object? Try and figure out what it is? I know I would. And as mentioned, what about day-time film? I think the guy got excited and posted his video before investigating enough to find out that it is a mundane object, and is now too embarrassed to respond.

Just my 2 cents, of course.

Edit to add a request from the OP (or anyone posting video) that if there is fowl language in a video, could you please disclose it in the original post? Those with small children (or like myself who opened this at work) may be able to better prepare ourselves (with headphones)! Thanks!!

[edit on 4/28/2008 by JeepGal]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I'm pretty certain it's a crane type platform, the lights do pivot in a swinging around motion as shown by the perspective change.

My best guess is someone is doing some filming for a film or TV series which would make sense for the timing and the lights.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I just watched some of that video. It was too boring to finish.

You should of went there with your camera. It doesn't look too far away. And as some others mentioned it does look like some construction rig with lights.

So unless we get better videos of people actually approaching the subject of the video or at least getting better coverage it's going to be always a lost cause.

What about filming some shots of where it was seen the next day?

Can we get some more creative video footage out there? It's freaking 2008 and no one can with talent can step up to the plate.

Oh well another lame video of lights that keep going out of focus.

Throw a party.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
interesting video, but i am guessing it is a concrete boom pump. i used to drive a ready mix truck and have done many night pours and have seen boom pumps that have lights like these.

would be intersted to know if they were building anything on that hill ?

www.youtube.com...
YouTube - To Build a Tower: Part 3c - Concrete: Pump View

cant find any vids of them doing it at night but i have seen it done many times.

he is a serious truck...
www.youtube.com...
YouTube - 63 mtr concrete pump

[edit on 28-4-2008 by easynow]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
WOW! Another blurry, shaky, pixelated dots of light in the sky!

WOW! This is phenomenal!

I never knew that people are so excited about ho hum mundane everyday looking non-moving lights in the middle of the city!

WOW! This is a mind blowing video! WOOOOWWWW!!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

****UPDATE****

I got a message back from the person who shot this video. Here is his message:

Squallssj10

Re: please come to ATS

Apr 28, 2008

Thank you, ill be there sometime this week, ive been extremely busy lately but I would love to talk about my sighting

He has the link, so hopefully he WILL show up!

[edit on 30-4-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JeepGal

I'd agree that the XL could be noted in the title or the original post as a courtesy...will do so in future posts when applicable.

delius

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join