It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PBS Breaks 'Media Blackout' of NYT Story on 'Pentagon Propaganda'!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Finally all those Republican jock chasers who voted Mr. Bush and his cronies in office are starting to understand the scope of his BS.

It's about darn time Americans "woke up" out of their patriotic clouds, galvanize a posse, and hut down Bush for war crimes and flushing this country into a septic tank!

PBS has the balls, all these other puppet media outlets are just brown nosing the cowboy for brownie points... at the cost of our planet! Everyone with a consious can see these chocolate crunchers are white washing the war for Bush.... A man who needs to be in prison.

It's just hilarious all those loyal Republican "brown nosers" are now realizing the magnitude of their mistake by not voting for Gore! ---- Bush has never given a damn about you idiots!

Morons on a stick

[edit on 25-4-2008 by Level X]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Level X

(not enough sleep can lead one to write some 'regrettable statements' - my apologies in advance - I needed the catharsis)

I still maintain that political party affiliation is a red herring. Although I understand the comment - and I respect your opinion, it seems to me that it makes no difference which glee club is shaking the pom-poms.

We have a whorish relationship debasing the American landscape. It's a smarmy self-congratulatory political party system who's definition of success is centered on 'beating the other guy', locked in a salacious embrace with a media which is no more than the rotting carcass of narcissism, using the shadowy memory of its former honor as a crutch.

Politics + Media = Prostitution.

This marriage brings forth this child from hell, a bloated, mother-fixated, flaccid devotee oligarchic hubris, the intellectual elite. (So deluded are they as to believe that there is actually a reason we should be grateful to be their inferiors.)

The weapon we face is none other this unholy trinity's mightiest weapon. A powerful all-consuming drug, wealth.

Entire cultural superstructures have been erected to 'harness' this drug, using our sweat and blood as mortar; corporations. Corporations have utterly destroyed Americas greatest institutions - free press, health care, education, EVEN religion, and the list goes on and on, with more joining the throng everyday. (Corporate mentality reduced them to thugs, making free people jump through hoops for transient rewards that amount to little more than masturbation.)

Politics + Media + Corporations = CRIMINAL PROFITEERING

But wait, some can be very clever can't they? They can exploit the noxious foibles and affectations of these cultural malignancies. There are so many casualties from which to choose as the blood is being squeezed from the wretched poor, the tired and hungry, and the other's who can't fight back. In fact, given the proper opportunities, as the corpses flow by, they can even pick the very gold from their teeth.

The actual truth is political affiliation is a tiny subcomponent of the ACTUAL issue at hand. ORGANIZED CRIME AS GOVERNMENT.

Ouch! I said it..., I'll be off to the gulag now. Send post cards.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
star and a flag on that! Awesome post of detrimental importance. I would ask anyone who feels strongly about this to make sure you hit the youtub vid vote it up, leave comments. get as many people as you can to do the same. If the popularity of this video gets high enough it will be on the first page and will be there for more people to see. Spread the word, donate if you can afford it. We have a voice. I will be blogging about this and asking everyone I know to do the same. Lets do our part to get it out there. Change is coming.....

[edit on 123030p://666 by shizzle5150]

[edit on 123030p://666 by shizzle5150]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

The government has stripped us of our freedoms under the false pretence of security...NO MORE!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Somewhat good news can be found here:

Pentagon Suspends Briefings for Analysts

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Way to go PBS !

Here is the ATS Thread about the NYTIMES Article...

Cable News Military Analysts, the Pentagon's Hidden Hand

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I think that all 'we' have to do to 'win' is get the word out so that less people believe the lies than do. Then we win. Then there can be some change for the better. IMO there doesn't need to be an armed rebellion or revolution. Just turn the tide over to reason rather than blind faith.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
simple question, why the surprise? The whole world knew it was happening, so it should be no surprise that it is out in the open. However, I do note that from some of the comments on the NYT web-site on the article, some of the governments people are at it again, bringing the article down with their comments. Please read the same. I had to!

Sad thing about it is the fact that these Bastards will get away with it. It will be all forgotten about in minutes, as the mass media blanket blackout on it is scary. A major story like that andnot one of thejm cover it. BS

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Two words:

Damage control.

That is all it is.

Damage control, and maybe fanning the flames of civil malcontent. They WANT us angry. They want us violent. They want us to point fingers. They WANT a witchunt, an upheaval, a riot, a backlash, a civil war.

PBS is still media, and media is still shaping people's opinions. Telling people all the things they should get mad about right at the brink where everything is about to crumble, so when the # hits the fan and everybody goes ape#, they will step in, through one party or another, and offer up the solution. Look, now everyone is going "Woohoo media!", and "yay for writing our congressmen" and "See, I knew the people still had influence! We can all trust our gov't again!!!"

Be cautious about what exactly this means. The Rockafellers and the Bush's and the CIA and other black ops and elite families have the money and the power to crush anything that comes out of any media source, so you have to ask the question "Why now?".

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien
They WANT us angry. They want us violent. They want us to point fingers. They WANT a witchunt, an upheaval, a riot, a backlash, a civil war.

I tend to agree with this. If martial law and the police state really is the ultimate agenda, they will continue to shape events (as we can easily see happening around us now) to the point where the general public is so ticked off that we need to be "protected" from ourselves.

It seems to me that an all out assault on the American public has been launched and they will not rest until we have risen up against them. At which point they will feel completely justified to squash us like little bugs under their boots.

A pretty dismal view, I know, but it is not outside the realm of possibility. I really hope I am wrong about this.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I don't particularly think that those in power give a damn, that you know about their crimes and treachery, simply because there's probably nothing you can do about it.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
I don't particularly think that those in power give a damn, that you know about their crimes and treachery, simply because there's probably nothing you can do about it.

kindred,

I've been suffering from this depressing thought for a while, that all these 'revelations' about the shady and dark nature of our 'elected heroes' are part of an 'in your face' dance followed by the triple-snap of disrespect. They have 'sanctified' a new caste in our society, and if you are not blind to it, you're damned to suffer the insult.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Maybe they didn't want to participate because they have their doubts that it's true?

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Well the only thing i can think of is maybe some people should get together and start some srt of (hopefully professional) citizen owned news network online. ATS is ok but the problem is that conspiracy theory is still associated with tinfoil hat construction. Alot of us on ATS know the truth on this subject and want to spread the word but i don't think that this site is going to convince the masses. I like what one member posted earlier asking what it is you would do. Its only a couple bucks to register a domain and im sure a few of you out there are familier with graphic design and html, isnt that a start?

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Don't be suprised, war is won by propoganda. A certain percentage of people believe pretty much anything they read on the internet and newspapers or see on tv. The networks NEED the so called "talking heads" to make sense of whats going on over there from an operationally experienced point of view. My two sense

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Maxmars
I've been suffering from this depressing thought for a while, that all these 'revelations' about the shady and dark nature of our 'elected heroes' are part of an 'in your face' dance followed by the triple-snap of disrespect. They have 'sanctified' a new caste in our society, and if you are not blind to it, you're damned to suffer the insult.

Nearly all people in power always come across to me, as being so self deluded, that they will even believe wholeheartedly in their own lies. I'm not particularly religious, but what is it about power that makes these men so self deluded. Am I missing something or is there some evil invisible force at work, that the rest of us are oblivious to. Sometimes I wonder.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Here's an interesting article as to why those in power lie and deceive others.

The lying game

www.earthtym.net...
www.timesonline.co.uk...

The charismatic liar has a remarkable way of looking you square in the eyes and lying through their perfect teeth.

They are the sultans of smarm and the sweet-talking dames of deceit. By greasing their lies with dollops of charisma and flattery, these charming liars disarm their victims and their lies seem perfectly believable.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Another great write up detailing how President Dwight D. Eisenhower warned us to guard against EXACTLY what is happening...He sensed it coming, and tried to get america to wake up, decades ago...

TV Military "Analysts" are Part of What Ike Warned Against

Eisenhower, a renowned World War II general, declared, “Until the latest of our world conflicts, the United States had no armaments industry. American makers of plowshares could, with time and as required, make swords as well. But now we can no longer risk emergency improvisation of national defense. We have been compelled to create a permanent armaments industry of vast proportions.

“In the councils of government,” he warned, “we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.

“We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes,” he declared. “We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.”

Almost prophetic in a way....

The Times’ report on the military analysts is a tale of propaganda, hidden loyalties and financial interests. It reveals a vulnerability that reaches all the way to the survival of the United States as a country governed by the informed opinion of its people.

The newspaper’s investigation shows that in case after case, the military analysts take their cues and their information from specially prepared Pentagon briefings and trips.

A number wear more than one hat. In addition to offering their “analysis” on television, they work for pay for defense-related industries. Employers range from military equipment manufacturers and contractors to lobbyists and consulting firms on the hunt for defense-related business.

The report is important for the glimpse it provides into how powerful forces help keep us enmeshed in Iraq.

Full Article:
www.commondreams.org...

How much more corrupt could this entire system be? To call it "vested interests" would be the understatement of the century! We are in a REAL bad way with the way things are set up---These greed and power mongers rule over the entire world right now, and these are destroying humanity to fullfill their agendas!

[edit on 27-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Inspirational truth I love it! Some powerful posting there amigos, great thread Dimensional.

I have recently awoken from the 'matrix' and I am continuously shocked at how deep the rabbit is going

I am from New Zealand and I guess you could say we are half American, half English in terms of broadcasting influence. I can now see the affect/effects this enslaved media machine has on my fellow kiwis, and myself. Everyone is so caught up chasing 'the dream?' and working to pay off credit cards. No one has the time or interest to search or stand up for the truth, and that's just the way 'they' want it.

I can't believe they are getting away with this BS it's 2008!!!!!!!

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE!!!!

This machine is so well built though, is there any way it can be stopped???
I am not giving up hope, just finding it difficult to be optimistic.

These scum are a global threat and need to be exterminated. MetalDemon I like your idea. As we all know youtube is a powerful tool. I'm sure there would be a way to get a promotional video of some kind on the feature page??? Just throwing ideas around. More people need to read posts like this and watch movies like zeitgeist.

DD that quote from Eisenhower was great. What would be the most effective way to counter puch in your opinion? Awesome post S+F, peace

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Another write up today:

The author, Jeff Cohen states that he was actually not offered air time to propose OBJECTING views of the war prior to its activation! He claims that this was widespread on all the major networks building up to the war! Tons of "paid-for" Military "War Sellers" being given all the air time, and little time given to anyone trying to talk sense into this decision! UNREAL!

Military Propaganda Pushed Me Off TV

I’m all for a Congressional investigation into the Pentagon’s Iraq propaganda operation — which included an active-duty general exhorting ex-military-turned-paid-pundits that “the strategic target remains our population.”

But I’m also for keeping the focus and onus on CNN, FOX, NBC, ABC, CBS, even NPR — who were partners in the Pentagon’s mission of “information dominance.” And for us to see that American TV news remains so corrupt today that it has hardly mentioned the Times story on the Pentagon’s pundits, which was based on 8,000 pages of internal Pentagon documents acquired by a successful Times lawsuit.

Full Article:
www.commondreams.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join