It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argument against Channellers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Where to begin?

Delving into a subject that stirs intense emotion and creates, in some believers, unswerving loyalty is a dangerous thing, especially when personal knowledge of the subject is deliberately limited. So, is it wise, or even correct, for me to question the subject matter in the title of this post, considering that I have openly declared my “ignorance”? That would depend on why I am doing it.

Without a complete understanding of its ethos, can I legitimately criticise this emerging belief system simply because its adherents continue to ply us with page after page of unfounded, unverifiable data, that, or the inter-linked stories that abound on the web that seemingly support a self-replicating mythology, or even the vociferous and constant defence of this “religion” by its acolytes? Most would say no, and rightly so, because to successfully evaluate any religiously orientated meme, in theory one has to appreciate its inner message to fashion a valid judgment. Even if the subject is uncomfortable, or clashes with personal beliefs, an understanding is necessary.

But what if the “word” this Space Brotherhood professes, for want of a better title, is simply a rehash of older, far more ingrained teachings brought up to date, having been polished and reshaped for a spiritually barren and dispossessed modern world? And if that original message, in all its many, contradictory forms, continues to divide us on a global scale, what hope a new version that is even more extreme in its provenance?

This is my problem with all channelled “entities”, and their associated organisations.

If we entertain for the briefest moment that there is even the smallest grain of truth behind all the tales of Lightworkers/Lightwarriors/Ashtar Command etc., then I am truly terrified. To me, these attempts at proclaiming message of intergalactic love and peace fall so far short of success that they may as well not have bothered. And the reason behind this is that they certainly do not seem to have originated from beings that have attained higher levels of consciousness.

On reading websites that promote these communications, and I’ve read many, all I hear is the calculated rhetoric of control together with blatant attempts at counteracting and distracting from their lack of content by using a continuing theme that runs through virtually all of these channelled commandments; distrust. Deny the negative nay-sayers, ignore criticism, listen to the words from above.
Only we can save you.
Only our message is right.
Any other is from the dark side, from the ones who would enslave.
Odd, isn’t it, that this form of communication in itself is a manner of enslavement. It’s projected, verbal OCD. Ignore it, and something awful will befall you. Time and again, these “messages” from various Light-Beings simply convey the continuing need for obedience, or suffer the consequences. “Trust in us,” they say, “and we shall come to save you.”
Grand prophecies come and go with absolutely no sign of fulfilment, yet there is no backlash, just devoted fawning over the resulting limp excuses of miraculously changed time-lines and the true power of faith in those who have the biggest star-ships.

What clashes nauseatingly with this parade of hollow assurances is the underlying topic of the spreading of love. This is cynicism in the extreme, as in itself this pursuit is a fundamental objective of all humans, though not always undertaken for the right reasons. At the behest of remote, space-faring gods it just smacks of desperation, repetition and unoriginality. This is where the channelled messages fall down, because I believe they come not from superior, alien intellects, but from domineering human ones.

Even the most ignorant amongst us can concede, no matter how reluctantly, that simple respect and support for our fellow beings is paramount for our survival. Love already exists in abundance on this planet, even if it is sometimes misdirected. Often we misspell it as greed. But what we forget is that love can be seen in every humanitarian action, and there are billions happening every day, in every rebellious soul that stands up against tyranny, even if they are alone, in every thought and action of every normal, decent human being, irrelevant of their creed or skin colour.

We are built to love. So why and teach us something that we already know?

What should we be hearing for this sceptic, and many others, to take notice? That is not for me to say, as to do so would be crossing a line. But to narrow it down, I will say that I need to hear a message that transcends the normality of existence. Words are powerful things. Considering these Space Brothers are supposedly advanced in ways that we would consider approaching the divine, their grasp of the spoken word is sorely lacking. This cannot be ignored.
Why can they not proclaim something that appeals to all intellects, something that crosses the confused boundaries of language and differing faiths to draw us together as a single, cohesive species; a spoken rosetta stone? Why? Because everything we read from them is a result of the educational system the respective channellers went through. If you ain’t smart, you don’t write smart. Creative and prolific they may be, but innovative they ain’t. And it shows.

Now, I await the expected backlash from the faithful. I questioned at the beginning of this post if I have the right to express my difficulty with this subject, even though I haven’t bothered to delve any deeper than just below the surface of their credo. There is a reason why I can answer that in the affirmative:

There is nothing else to see and this is why I question.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

good thread Beamish,

i believe we are on the same page as far as this topic is concerned.

mind projection and channeling aliens has peaked my interest a few times i have to admit. most of the time i would laugh when watching a video of someone talking to aliens while they were channeling. what surprised me most is that most people that claim this experience seem to really believe without question that they are real messages. that made me stop laughing and i had to reconsider the possibilty that this could actually be happening.

If we entertain for the briefest moment that there is even the smallest grain of truth behind all the tales of Lightworkers/Lightwarriors/Ashtar Command etc., then I am truly terrified. To me, these attempts at proclaiming message of intergalactic love and peace fall so far short of success that they may as well not have bothered. And the reason behind this is that they certainly do not seem to have originated from beings that have attained higher levels of consciousness.

i agree with you that these messages dont really meet the pre-concieved ideas of messages we would expect. but they say that perception is reality.

is our perception of this message the correct one ?

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Thanks for the reply, easynow.

Perhaps I should have mentioned that I am not adverse to the concept of extraterrestial influences communicating with certain individuals on this planet. I just don't believe that we're seeing that in any modern case. I've mentioned several times in previous posts that I'm always willing to be proven wrong, and will admit to it when I am.

What I am saying is that if these channellers are legitimate, then it indicates that whoever is sending the communications must be limited in their choices of recipient. I say this because if this is the case, then it also indicates that the messages have to be filtered by the limitations of the channellers education and intelect.

If we were shown a video on Youtube of, say, a young child channeller expounding on quantum entanglement, answering in depth questions with a confidence above their years and experience, then I'd believe something extraordinary is going on. But we don't get that. We get the usual round of Reptilian's are baddies, we're the goodies etc. Is it too much to ask to be wowed by contact with ET?

i agree with you that these messages dont really meet the pre-concieved ideas of messages we would expect. but they say that perception is reality.

and I agree, but if you're perceiving something awkward and lumbering, it's easy to dissmiss it out of hand. Not something ET would want, I think.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish
reply to post by easynow

Perhaps I should have mentioned that I am not adverse to the concept of extraterrestial influences communicating with certain individuals on this planet. I just don't believe that we're seeing that in any modern case. I've mentioned several times in previous posts that I'm always willing to be proven wrong, and will admit to it when I am.

If there are at all individuals who would do so then that would be a great spiritual feat to me but also a personal choice that shouldn't influence any others' choices. Meaning whatever the aliens and that person discuss should be between them and if the person were actually taught something of benefit to others he should present that knowledge in an accepted way, such as modern science. Afterall others would not have chosen to communicate with beings that way, if they need to know they should hear it the same way after making the same personal choices. Many people want instant gratification and don't seem to bother learning how to channel themselves. What's more; most channelings present a reality instead of a way to think about reality and learning how to figure things out in order to grow.

Another argument against channeling is that messages seem to always come from some important sounding source while it should be much more important what is being said. I was once interested in them but seldom read any channelings that came from anonymous source(s).

[edit on 25-4-2008 by Dragonfly79]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

Thanks for the reply Dragonfly79, and welcome to ATS.

Your concept that channellers "do what they do" through personal choice is interesting, and would suggest it is a real phenomena. As I've stated, this possibility cannot be denied. But I still can't accept that the reams of text available are genuinely extraterrestial.

To me, some are genuine, but in the sense that the human mind can fool itself into believing anything if it's exposed to persuasive external stimulus for sufficient time. To say they're brainwashed by their own beliefs may be going too far, but it'll do until I think of a better analogy.

That channelling is a form of spirituality is not under disscussion; yes, it is a kind of mystical journey for the individual, but can easily be compared to the same journey a writer goes on when first starting out. The more you write, the easier it gets. Sometimes, the amount of work produced appears to exceed your abilities and ideas spring out of nowhere. But to suggest that it's being sent from an "outside source" is doing a disservice to your own talents.

I suggest the same for our so-called alien conduits; the more information they form subconsciously, the more cohesive and better it sounds. It's called practice.

Many people want instant gratification and don't seem to bother learning how to channel themselves. What's more; most channelings present a reality instead of a way to think about reality and learning how to figure things out in order to grow.

I can't agree that they represent a reality, unless you count it as an emotional creation, a thought-form fashioned by a deep seated need to belong to something deemed greater than actual reality.

Another argument against channeling is that messages seem to always come from some important sounding source while it should be much more important what is being said.

Never a truer statement. I don't care who sends a message from space, as long as it has the capacity to deliver something profound. So far, they haven't.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
At the risk of looking like I'm bumping this thread, I have to ask:

Is no one willing to defend those who channel aliens?

Please read my previous posts, and respond.

For the amount of threads started on this forum that profess the reality of alien channelling, where are all those that believe? Can you not argue your corner, or are you that unsure as to its authenticity? If you feel strongly about it, here's your chance to take on an unbeliever, and try to convince otherwise.

Don't deny the surety of your convictions.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

I have read plenty of channelled books. Even had a "Spirit guide" myself (only met "him" once though). Channellers are simply channeling demons.

1Corinthians 14:33 For God is not [the author] of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

These channeled works are confusion, and God is certainly not the author of them, they just repeat the lie from the serpent.

This is unfortunatly a topic we have to take seriously in our day and age, "walk ins" are becoming more and more a part of our society. Much of the media and education people receive is from "walk ins" (Actually Devils) but they don't even know it.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Personally, I have written off alot of these "messengers". Too much of it just doesn't jive, too many things that they've said would happen have not...

But, I can also look into my own experience channeling. There's been too many times where things have been revealed to me, that I was not aware of. Many times where that knowledge floated away from me just as fast as it came also, as if to say, opps, you're not supposed to know this. Maybe, it is possible, that these things came from me, I just had to dig real deep to get to them?
But then, there are times when I wrote about what was to come, and well, have seen those things come of late. But, then, maybe it was just me, connecting the dots, on a deeper level....and projecting outward???

But, I got one of the books here that has alot of the channeled material in it that I bought in the early 80's, with a timetable of what was to come....there's more misses than hits. So, well, maybe once the objective to ventures away from personal development to book writing and profit something is lost?

as far as the channeling of demons.....
well, ya, got to admit, I've chatted with a few....
but, tell me, how many of those demons would tell you the one main gateway, the strongest foothold they have in controlling natural world....

they wouldn't!! and yet, if you believe it's all demons, well, then they have.....
I won't say what it is, it would anger those "demons" too much, but I've alluded to it in many posts.....
and yes, it did anger them.

just thought I would add my two cents on this thread.

new topics

top topics

join