It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Scalia defends Bush v. Gore ruling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Justice Scalia defends Bush v. Gore ruling

news.yahoo.com

Justice Antonin Scalia, in an interview to be shown on Sunday, defended the U.S. Supreme Court ruling's that gave George W. Bush the presidency.. Scalia repeated his earlier statement that people should "get over" the court's ruling in 2000 that halted Florida's vote recount, giving the presidential election to Republican Bush over Democrat Al Gore. say nonsense," Scalia said, when asked about critics who say the 5-4 ruling was based on politics and not justice. Get over it.It's so old by now.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Get over it? I cant believe that old wench told me to get over it. She is another one that should be thrown in prison. I truely believe if Gore was in office, we wouldnt nearly have the problems we have today.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Master_Wii
Get over it? I cant believe that old wench told me to get over it. She is another one that should be thrown in prison. I truely believe if Gore was in office, we wouldnt nearly have the problems we have today.

"Old Wench"? "She is another one that should be thrown in prison?" Dude, you do realize that Judge Scalia is a guy, right?

Nope, we probably wouldn't have the problems we have today, just different ones.

This story is getting old. How come the Repubs didn't whine when they lost Congress? Seems like the voting system was working fine for the Democrats then.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I think the Dems need to pay more attention to 2008 and what may happen with there nomination.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Wow, one of the hardest-Right-Wing Neo-Con judges on the Supreme Kangaroo Court defends a decision to hand one of his own the Presidency. Yeah, THAT'S news.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
GET OVER IT?!!!!!

How do we fire these people? Who the hell do they think they work 'for'? Why should any one of those decrepit fart bags be beyond the reach of those they serve?

Someone should remind them that they are not secular version of the Pharisees. The nerve of an officer of the court thinking it's their place to 'rule' the people. The BAR should eject them and send a signal that the Supreme Court is not there to lead, its there to enforce transparency and oversight, nothing more.

[edit on 24-4-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The biggest problem I had with the SC was that every single member voted based on there party affiliation. So much for the Judicial being impartial.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Justice Sandra Day O'Conner regretted that vote and now says it was wrong.
Sort of like Robert Mcnamara and the Vietnam War.

Scalia is close friends with Cheney and the Bush crime family.
Scalia is a disgrace and a turd.

Scalia will go down in history as the Satan of the Supreme Court.
He definitely will be re-incarnated as a cockroach's anal bacteria.

new topics

top topics

join