It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN suspends aid to Gaza for lack of fuel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

UN suspends aid to Gaza for lack of fuel

www.afp.com

GAZA CITY (AFP) - The United Nations stopped distributing aid to the Gaza Strip on Thursday after running out of fuel as the Israeli terminal that supplies the besieged Palestinian territory remained shut.

"We have just stopped the distribution of all food aid to 650,000 Palestinian refugees in the Gaza Strip because of the lack of fuel in our storage in Gaza," said Adnan Abu Hasna, a spokesman for the UN Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) office in Gaza.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This should be interesting. I'd expect within the next 24 hours the UN will request the United States encourage Israel to provide whatever feul the UNRWA needs to distribute the aid. I'd then expect Bush will make some statement about how the refugees should be fed, but sides with Israel's assertation that it is Hamas that is preventing the distribution and feul delivery and the UN needs to order them to stop attacks on Israel, etc, etc, etc.

So I'd suggest the UN round up some mules and carts because it doesn't look like they'll be getting any gas anytime soon and that food isn't going to magically deliver itself.

www.afp.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Didn't Hamas attack the fuel depot?

If so, why should Israel have to continue to supply fuel?

Perhaps Israel should drop leaflets that state clearly that there will be no more fuel deliveries until the rocket attacks have been stopped for a month.

I think that Hamas uses the people of Gaza strip as their hostages.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

How long before Israel is blamed and this truce becomes null and void? Seems to me, timing is of the essence in this case. With all of the tension already in the Middle East, wouldn't it be a bad idea to keep from feeding people?

new topics

top topics

join