It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch filmmaker claims Jesus a child of rape

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

www.reuters.com

AMSTERDAM (Hollywood Reporter) - "Basic Instinct" director Paul Verhoeven will publish a revisionist biography of Jesus in September, following more than 20 years of research.

The Dutch filmmaker, who has had a lifelong ambition to make a film about Jesus based on scientific research, claims that Jesus' father was probably a Roman soldier who raped Mary during the Jewish uprising in Galilee. He also claims that Christ was not betrayed by Judas Iscariot.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
First it was Prophet Muhammad and the cartoons on him, now they are making a film about Jesus where they are twisting the whole belief according to their scientific research says. I wonder how the Christians will react to this?

www.reuters.com

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I'd like someone to proove this Jesus guy actually existed?

I have seen no proof of this "man" documented by any historians that were around the alleged time of this "messiah".

I think once you learn father christmas, the easter bunny and the tooth fairy ain't real, then perhaps you should also learn Jesus is also a lie.

watchZEITGEISTnow

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enceladus

First it was Prophet Muhammad and the cartoons on him, now they are making a film about Jesus where they are twisting the whole belief according to their scientific research says. I wonder how the Christians will react to this?

www.reuters.com

I will just treat it with the contempt it deserves. I don't care how many years he has been researching his theory, it is impossible to come up with a claim like that and anyone with more than four brain cells will know he is talking a load of rubbish.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I think Jesus was a real person (or the sun,I'm undecided) And I'm not a christian. I think that son of god either translates to "good person" ie,someone who helped others and was generally bloody nice. Or,maybe Mary was impregnated by aliens. making in an imaculate conception (they use technology instead of intercourse) And "if" these people were visited by aliens,they would have seen them as gods. (this is my little theory,based on zero knowlage on the bible
) But Zeitgeist,you can't prove a person existed over 2000 years ago,not beyond reasonable doubt,as the rermains would be long gone. (exeption of mummification)

[edit on 24/4/2008 by Acidtastic]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow

It is hard to get any proof of whether Jesus actually existed or not. We are talking about a person who lived around 2000 years earlier, forget about Jesus for some people it would be really hard to get any proof of their great great grand father's existence. It is all Belief

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I just wonder why in the world only dutch people have got to make such movies., earlier anti-Islamic Movies Fitana and Now this which seems more terrible to me, because if this movie is even broadcasted you will see huge demonstrations by Muslims because we Love Jesus as much as we love any other Prophet, and we are bound to respect each and every Prophet the same way we respect Prophet Muhammad,

What has gone wrong to Danish People????? what would they benefit from it??? and What point they are actually making to the world???

[edit on 24-4-2008 by LOYAL]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jon1

May be he is promoting his upcoming movie? more protest will make his movie more popular and a way of making more money?

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
This tumbling all over something that isn’t even made yet screaming it being offensive is soooooo tiring. That fintna scam (ripped from internet, quickly glued into supposedly a movie.) wasn't worth watching, but out of the commotion before it was published it got one million hits the first day it was. Totally laughable! Like Dutch being Danish. Don’t confuse them cheapskates with the evil Dänsk who published those despicable cartoons (cartoons for god sake!) about one or the other prophet! There are limits.

Sigh.

If you think you're not going to like it, don't go to the theatre, don't download nor Tube it.

Just buy my flag and burn it.

That'll be €14.95. Two for just €25.-

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LOYAL

What has gone wrong to Danish People????? what would they benefit from it??? and What point they are actually making to the world???

He is Dutch, not Danish.

Both countries, however, are very liberal in their views on satire, parody and religious critiques.

On topic - The audience for anti-religious movies/books/ideologies is growing continually. The war on terror doesn't help.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by LOYAL

Hey Loyal, this is one of those times perhaps where there is a real difference between Muslim countries and the rest. Skepticism is OK in many western countries. Not everyone is religious, and that is OK too.
It is called freedom of religion. Also freedom to be not religious if that is the way you are. I think our approach is, "this is what I believe" "You are free to believe in something different" "have a nice day!"
Religion does not have to be the same focal point of ones life here as it is in Muslim societies, although it certainly is for some.
Just not all, and that is OK here.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LOYAL

You'll hopefully understand I have to reply to this as well, being Dutch and all.

Regardless, that's an interesting statement you made here, Loyal. You imply that the opinion and claims of one Dutch person necessarily represent that of all Dutch and its government. This explains why Pakistanis regularly burn Dutch flags in riots and attack our embassy following Fitna, but does this also mean all Pakistanis have the same opinion on all matters?

You also make note of huge demonstrations following Verhoevens book (he is not making a movie, but writing a book). If so, why were there no demonstrations following the recent Dutch documentary (based on the work of an Italian by the way) stating that Jesus did not exist and that his stories are a mangled retelling of the story of Julius Ceasar?

Could you confirm my suspicions that Pakistani people (among others in the Middle East) only riot when they are told to by their media and political and religious leaders?

To answer some of your questions: neither The Netherlands nor Denmark are benefiting from such movies, books and cartoons because they have very little to do with them. We (all 22 million of us) are also not trying to make a point to the world through the works of a handful of people. In fact, we're having trouble believing people in far away lands care so much about what one of us thinks.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   

www.reuters.com

AMSTERDAM (Hollywood Reporter) - "Basic Instinct" director Paul Verhoeven will publish a revisionist biography of Jesus in September, following more than 20 years of research.

The Dutch filmmaker, who has had a lifelong ambition to make a film about Jesus based on scientific research, claims that Jesus' father was probably a Roman soldier who raped Mary during the Jewish uprising in Galilee. He also claims that Christ was not betrayed by Judas Iscariot.

This story still seems to make TONS more sense then the biblical paranaormal stuff that makes Mary became pregnant with "gods" child....

Then again, most religious people see the word "scientific" in a sentence, and from the start disregard it's content or message, " if it's scientific, it must be against religious beliefs...and therefore wrong" that's almost a (created) reflex to some people

Even if there was hard irrefutable evidence of this, religious people would still find a way to see it differently, because otherwise they would have to admit to themselves and others that they are believing nonsense, and are living by it.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   

I will just treat it with the contempt it deserves. I don't care how many years he has been researching his theory, it is impossible to come up with a claim like that and anyone with more than four brain cells will know he is talking a load of rubbish.

Actually, it's not. There are plenty of external biblical sources that say Jesus was the child of a rape by, I think the fellow was a Roman soldier named Pantera. Josephus, Tacticus, and Celsus come to mind as people who have written about him, or at least mention him. There are many others.

Why don't you check it out instead of saying, "I don't care, it's impossible, I have more than four brain cells." ??

I just wonder why in the world only dutch people have got to make such movies., earlier anti-Islamic Movies Fitana and Now this which seems more terrible to me, because if this movie is even broadcasted you will see huge demonstrations by Muslims because we Love Jesus as much as we love any other Prophet, and we are bound to respect each and every Prophet the same way we respect Prophet Muhammad,

So, are you suggesting that a child who was conceived in rape is not a real person? It Jesus' mother was raped, does that somehow make Jesus less of a man if he existed?

That's a very ignorant attitude that belongs in... well, I'm not sure where it belongs. Probably inside of a bigoted mind.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician

So, are you suggesting that a child who was conceived in rape is not a real person? It Jesus' mother was raped, does that somehow make Jesus less of a man if he existed?

i am not suggesting that i just wonder if they are even Christians, IF they are then they should believe in Bible and why do they need to come up with stupidity and non sense like that, so if he is Christian this goes to show the mother Mary was not virgin right and he does not believe in his religion, and IF they are not Christians then it's none of their business!!!

They should make movies to show the world how can we make it better place, i think it is cheeky effort by them, may be for some 'media' coverage because i don't think if they ever make headlines in mainstream Media unless any of them either make a controversial cartoon of any prophet or movie!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smokersroom
He is Dutch, not Danish.

Both countries, however, are very liberal in their views on satire, parody and religious critiques.

Holy cow!! really took this guy for Danish may be i am obsessed with Danish people for some obvious reasons

what in the world is going on there? In the name of free speech you guys are naming people even like me radical when they oppose to western attitude esp., towards religious values.... ain't we entitled to our opinions?? And remember buddy!!! In the beginning it's only Words that lead to Wars ... Humiliation can not be justified in the name of free speech, these guys really got to get their act together, else it would cost me $10 to buy a flag of an unholy country and burn it

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
From a standpoint of faith, Muslims and Christians will only believe that Jesus was born through a virgin birth. Naturally, anyone who lacks this faith will come to their own conclusion regarding his birth, which is what this director did.

I would have to ask how he came to this conclusion though, seeing as how named scientific evidence regarding Jesus's birth has not been made public, at least by my experience.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
You have to admit that it would be pretty scary getting pregnant when your not married back then. You would probably be stoned to death.

Now this is just my opinion but don't you think that if you got pregnant before marriage and were most likely going to get killed for it that you would make something up. I mean I could see why she would say that god gave her the baby. Nobody could use that excuse again, and people were probably very easily going to believe it back then.

Thats what I would do. Tell everyone that god allowed me to get pregnant while still a virgin. Either that or die. She was probably very desperate.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Actually I think Mary was beamed up and impregnated...possible abduction?

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician

... There are plenty of external biblical sources that say Jesus was the child of a rape by, I think the fellow was a Roman soldier named Pantera. Josephus, Tacticus, and Celsus come to mind as people who have written about him, or at least mention him. There are many others.

I am no biblical historian but I once read a good case that the 'Josephus' source was refuted as a later forgery, hence invalidating it as 'contemporary'. The others, however have not been 'debunked' (yet I suppose).

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join