It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch filmmaker claims Jesus a child of rape

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I have no problems with talented people making use of the internet to propagate their works, but that is just what this is. The producers are well aware of the volatility of the subject matter and how to use that to their advantage.

This 'scholarly director' may claim just about anything he would like. I can't for the life of me imagine the logical gyrations of those on the popular atheist-themed attacks. Now they are giddily endorsing this, yet, for their part many have simply stated he never existed. Now they accept him existing as a rape-child? Pick a fact and stick with it or explain why the 'mythical' Jesus has been revised? He either did or did not exist.

Frankly, regardless of it's historical merit, this seems to be presented in the way of Historical yellow-journalism.

I'm also not sure I understand what the gentleman's nationality has to do with this, except perhaps as a way to gauge one religion's reaction to purported 'blasphemy' to another's within the same nation.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Weren't these the same people who made the film about how Christians were terrorists. Because we were for the ousting of Saddam(Who we were told was a modern-day hitler) and we have missionaries in the middle East?
Atheism and Communism seem to be the only acceptable worldview to these people.
Misinformation is EVERYWHERE!
Jesus had no Earthly father. He was born of a virgin. A rape victim (according to Levitical law) was to be killed if she didn't cry out loud enough for someone to hear. Women weren't allowed to put themselves in the circumstance where she might be raped. (Chaperones, etc..)
Mary was an observant Hebrew lady.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

I second that great point.

These cheeky guys are making desperate efforts to make headlines in the mainstreams media and fill their bank account with unholy money.

Why not Chinese Why not Russians Why not even Americans come up with such stupidity like these smaller nations are doing, i think they just want to get noticed even Pakistan is making more headlines than these countries it certainly lead them to inferiority complex and eventually they come up with such controversies and that only pleases themselves and satisfy their ultimate desire to get noticed nothing else!!!!!

[edit on 24-4-2008 by LOYAL]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enceladus

First it was Prophet Muhammad and the cartoons on him, now they are making a film about Jesus where they are twisting the whole belief according to their scientific research says. I wonder how the Christians will react to this?

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Ummm... The belief that Jesus was the child of rape is not a new one. There are many references to Jesus' father being a Roman Soldier. And since the two of them were not married, even consensual sex was rape-as viewed by the family.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
You have to admit that it would be pretty scary getting pregnant when your not married back then. You would probably be stoned to death.

Now this is just my opinion but don't you think that if you got pregnant before marriage and were most likely going to get killed for it that you would make something up. I mean I could see why she would say that god gave her the baby. Nobody could use that excuse again, and people were probably very easily going to believe it back then.

Thats what I would do. Tell everyone that god allowed me to get pregnant while still a virgin. Either that or die. She was probably very desperate.

I totally agree with you. I think mary was either a prostitute or a party girl that got pregnant, and what would you do in her situation? Even to this day women get killed for this so what better then "hey I woke up in the morning and somehow I was pregnant!"

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Yea I wonder if she realized that her lying about a virgin birth would start an entire religion

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This story reminds me of the one in genesis where the serpent gets a quick one on eve and god gets all uppity and has to ask questions, than later on god decides to get in on the action and has his own go at it.

So the serpents kid, called Cain, is ignored by god while he adores his kid Abel, only to have Cain see first hand who is who and decides there are not going to be rivalries in this family, so Cain dispatches the weakling competition.

Now the serpent and god really become rivals in the battle for souls upon the earth.

Meanwhile Adam and eve have a kid of there own and because of all that, we lie, kill, cheat, suffer and love to justify 2 bitter old senile gods with arthritis battling over humankind and there souls. Maybe someone has to step in between these two clowns and call a time out.

The end.............

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WorldShadow
This story reminds me of the one in genesis where the serpent gets a quick one on eve and god gets all uppity and has to ask questions, than later on god decides to get in on the action and has his own go at it.

So the serpents kid, called Cain, is ignored by god while he adores his kid Abel, only to have Cain see first hand who is who and decides there are not going to be rivalries in this family, so Cain dispatches the weakling competition.

Now the serpent and god really become rivals in the battle for souls upon the earth.

Meanwhile Adam and eve have a kid of there own and because of all that, we lie, kill, cheat, suffer and love to justify 2 bitter old senile gods with arthritis battling over humankind and there souls. Maybe someone has to step in between these two clowns and call a time out.

The end.............

There's an old African saying to the effect of "When the Elephants wrestle, it's the ants that get squashed."

Welcome to the ant club.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
I think Jesus was a real person (or the sun, I'm undecided) And I'm not a Christian. I think that son of god either translates to "good person" ie, someone who helped others and was generally bloody nice. Or,maybe Mary was impregnated by aliens. making in an immaculate conception (they use technology instead of intercourse) And "if" these people were visited by aliens, they would have seen them as gods. (this is my little theory, based on zero knowledge on the bible). But Zeitgeist, you can't prove a person existed over 2000 years ago, not beyond reasonable doubt, as the remains would be long gone. (exception of mummification)

I have the same belief as you - by the way.

I believe Jesus was a hybrid - of artificial insemination from "advanced being" and human.

And I believe there have been others.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
I'd like someone to proove this Jesus guy actually existed?

I have seen no proof of this "man" documented by any historians that were around the alleged time of this "messiah".

I think once you learn father christmas, the easter bunny and the tooth fairy ain't real, then perhaps you should also learn Jesus is also a lie.

watchZEITGEISTnow

Jesus no doubt existed, he was though, perhaps a leader of the day, a Ghandi type figure with a lot of followers.

one never knows tho.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

You have to admit that it would be pretty scary getting pregnant when your not married back then. You would probably be stoned to death.

Now this is just my opinion but don't you think that if you got pregnant before marriage and were most likely going to get killed for it that you would make something up. I mean I could see why she would say that god gave her the baby. Nobody could use that excuse again, and people were probably very easily going to believe it back then.

Thats what I would do. Tell everyone that god allowed me to get pregnant while still a virgin. Either that or die. She was probably very desperate.

But "angels" also appeared to Joseph and told him to marry her. Joseph wasn't exactly thrilled about it.

So - I do believe "evolved beings" - - the same ones that artificially impregnated Mary - - presented themselves to Joseph.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enceladus
I wonder how the Christians will react to this?

I'm willing to bet that the vast majority will, if anything, just complain about it and/or call for a boycott ... but they WILL NOT call for a jihad against the film maker.

I hope that their better behavior will be a good role model for 'others'.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
But "angels" also appeared to Joseph and told him to marry her. Joseph wasn't exactly thrilled about it.

What makes you say that? There is no evidence of that at all.

Joseph was going to divorce Mary because he thought she cheated on him. But then he found out that she didn't. Any mistrust, anger, or any other negative feeling toward her would have left. Joseph was told by angels (God's messengers) that the child was God's child. The child would be the long awaited messiah. Being a good Jew, Joseph would have been overjoyed at the prospect of the long awaited messiah coming and he would have been honored at God choosing him (Joseph) to be the foster-father and protector of this child.

There is no evidence that Joseph 'wasn't exactly thrilled about it'.

[edit on 4/24/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Yes but Joseph was allready engaged to Mary, and if he was the one that got her pregnant i'm pretty sure he would go along with it. Seeing as how he would be in just as much trouble as Mary for having sex before marriage.

People throughout history have always gave into their sexual desires knowing there would be repercussions. Why not the same with Mary?

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Ya know, That would depend if there were an ant involved. Now as for the ant world, that is exclusive only to the ant. Thus, humans cannot be welcomed to the ant world.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Enceladus

It is actually quite plausible..

Especially since it is said that he had Brown hair, which was a Roman quality, not a Hebrew quality.. scientifically, it is the most likely case. His mother could have said divine intervention, as she would have been stoned for allowing her self to be raped and shame her family.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
So what is this 'scientific' research? do they know something new that the rest of the world doesn't know about yet? I doubt it but hey, lets see it if that is the case.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Yes but Joseph was already engaged to Mary, and if he was the one that got her pregnant i'm pretty sure he would go along with it. Seeing as how he would be in just as much trouble as Mary for having sex before marriage.

People throughout history have always gave into their sexual desires knowing there would be repercussions. Why not the same with Mary?

Mary was raised in a convent. How was Joseph able to be alone with her long enough to get her pregnant.

That's where the rape part comes in. This is not a new story - I heard it years ago. I forget now why the soldiers were there - maybe as protection.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Meh so what. He is free to think what he wants, and he is free to make a movie about what he thinks too. He can expect quite a bit of disagreement, but I don't think anyone will put a 'fatwa' out for his death, or burn any embassy's over this, or cry that it is an insult against all Christians around the world.

I am fairly certain there won't be the same type of violent reaction as there were over cartoons by muslims.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Annee

What makes you say that? There is no evidence of that at all.

Joseph was going to divorce Mary because he thought she cheated on him. But then he found out that she didn't. Any mistrust, anger, or any other negative feeling toward her would have left. Joseph was told by angels (God's messengers) that the child was God's child. The child would be the long awaited messiah. Being a good Jew, Joseph would have been overjoyed at the prospect of the long awaited messiah coming and he would have been honored at God choosing him (Joseph) to be the foster-father and protector of this child.

There is no evidence that Joseph 'wasn't exactly thrilled about it'.

[edit on 4/24/2008 by FlyersFan]

There are many interpretations of the writings the bible was compiled from. I happen to believe there is truth in those writings - - but it is misinterpreted - - as I believe Angel's are actually ETs - or as I prefer "evolved beings".

As it says below - Mary was unmarried and with child. Mary was betrothed to Joseph and became pregnant before they came together.

As I said Joseph 'wasn't exactly thrilled about it' - - but he was a just man and unwilling to put her to shame - - went ahead and married her - - with plans to divorce her.

It is the Angels (ET's) who told him about Jesus - - and why he should stay married to Mary - - and raise Jesus.

----------------------------------------------------

The circumstances surrounding the relationship between Mary and Joseph are scant at best. The Bible records very little concerning how this situation of being unmarried and with child was resolved. However, if you will look in the following verses you will have a much better idea of the details of their relationship:

" Now the birth of Jesus Christ took place in this way. When his mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child of the Holy Spirit; and her husband Joseph, being a just man and unwilling to put her to shame, resolved to divorce her quietly. But as he considered this, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit; she will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.

"All this took place to fulfil what the Lord had spoken by the prophet: "Behold, a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and his name shall be called Emmanuel" (which means, God with us). When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him; he took his wife, but knew her not until she had borne a son; and he called his name Jesus. " (Matt 1:18-25, RSV)

These verses show that Joseph did indeed take Mary to be his wife (married her) before Jesus was born, according to what the angel told him to do. All of this was according to God’s great plan and in no way did it reflect any wrong doing in their relationship.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join