It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's Netanyahu Claims President Bush Promised Unilateral Nuclear Bomb Attack Against Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Israel's Netanyahu Claims President Bush Promised Unilateral Nuclear Bomb Attack Against Iran

www.globalresearch.ca

Thu, 01/10/2008 - 16:08 - Wire Services - US President George W. Bush promised Israel's opposition leader Binyamin Netanyahu that the United States will join the Jewish state in a nuclear strike against Iran, Israel Radio reported today.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.globalresearch.ca
www.globalresearch.ca
www.globalresearch.ca

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Hillary "If Iran attacks Israel, it's going to be annihilated"!
Israel threatens Iran with destruction
The Coming War With Iran

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Is the US about to start WWIII? The more I read the more it sounds as though the same lies that were used to justify the war on Iraq are being used to create a pre-text for war with Iran. The only difference is that the threats being bandied around have to do with Nuclear War. I know this isn't a story on aliens but this type of thing is what sometimes keeps me awake at night.

www.globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
With info like this.....if true......and if Iran did have a secret nuclear weapon programme up and running.....would anyone here be suprised or blame Iran if they carried out a pre-emptive strike agianst the US?

If you knew someone was about to nuke your country, and they openly say it, would'nt you want to act first?

CX.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Right now the prevailing winds would blow the fallout northwards - into russia who would take a rather dim view of there population getting killed - so might well reply in kind.

ho hum.

thats a big IF , the op`s linked article is true.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
[edit on 23-4-2008 by purplemonkey]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
You know, this is kind of an important issue and one would hope any threads making these sorts of claims would have reputable media sources to quote. The linked article has no sources to legitimize it's wild eyed claims.

I understand that this board is all about conspiracies but let's not confuse an opinion with a news report.

Let's think about this for a minute. If we or Israel are going to take out Iran's nuclear program it will not require a nuclear attack to do so. I understand the fear, especially in light of the Bush administrations irresponsible actions with regard to Iraq but it's important that we think critically as we sift through all of this speculation about the Earth's impending doom.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
You are probably right in that it would not be necessary for the US to use nuclear weapons however the articles actually provided many direct quotes from the people whose opinion is most relevant to the topic of the thread.

I understand the articles did not link to any other websites however the site Global Research has some fairly impressive contributors. I also point out that on eof the articles was providing a copy of transcript therefore no link or other reference is really required.

I also point out the following:

Paul Craig Roberts a former Assistant Secretary of the US Treasury and former associate editor of the Wall Street Journal, has been reporting shocking cases of prosecutorial abuse for two decades. A new edition of his book, The Tyranny of Good Intentions, co-authored with Lawrence Stratton, a documented account of how Americans lost the protection of law, is forthcoming from Random House in March, 2008

I don't know much about the other contributors but my experience with the site is that many people who post the various essays are extremely qualified to do so.

Thanks for you point of view though as I do agree its always important to support our views with more then just oppinion.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I find it very interesting the article has no direct quote from Netanyahu on this. The first direct quote you have is "I told him my position and Bush agreed." This leads me to believe that the writer of the article is intrepreting Netanyahu's words, rather than reporting them verbatim.

In fact, doing a quick search on Yahoo shows other websites making the same claim, however none have any direct quotes from Netanyahu about Bush making this promise. I think this is spun, or at worst, made up.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I am not in any way trying to be snarky, I just honestly do not know. Is globalresearch a ruputable source (like a Stratfor)? Or is it a Canadian Pravda?
If it is a legit source then this is seriously distrubing.

Obs out

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I accept that the specific article I referred to didn't quote Netanyahu however that doesn't lead me to think there is anything unreliable about it.

Have a look at the following links to view specific quotes. I think these articles add support to the original articles reliablity as the quotes are very much in line with the oppinions expressed in the original article.

www.globalresearch.ca...
www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
It doenst make sense for Israel to release this.

Any such agreement would be released from the United States, or at the very least in a very official release.

To just throw it out there on the fly isnt the way of the zionists.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
With info like this.....if true......and if Iran did have a secret nuclear weapon programme up and running.....would anyone here be suprised or blame Iran if they carried out a pre-emptive strike agianst the US?

If you knew someone was about to nuke your country, and they openly say it, would'nt you want to act first?

CX.

With facts like the daily bombardment of Israel by murderous death worshippers and the stated goal of most of the Arab world, would anyone here be surprised or blame Israel when they carry out a pre-emptive strike against the primary support of it's enemies? ie: IRAN!

If a country has openly declared that you will be wiped off the map as soon as possible, wouldn't you act first?

The blatant hypocracy of all you Israel haters is stomach turning.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Does anyone have an Israeli news source link for this? Israeli media would be best.

Thanks.

(Not denying this article. Would just like a source from the other side).

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by observer

Personally I have found it to be pretty accurate. I'd rather read globalresearch than the mainstream media. So I'm saying that the article is probably based on good grounds, or else they will rectify it.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Here is a link to an Israeli intelligence website.

www.debka.com...

I know this is only one link but I will try to find more relevant links and post later.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
If you read the Global Research piece that was quoted by the OP, there is no supportive information for the claim that Bush promised a "Nuclear," attack on Iran. There are quotes, taken from other sources and not really in context.

Saying that all options remain on the table is far, far different from promising a Nuclear strike. There is simply nothing there.

One other thing I noticed is that the article ran in Global Research this month but the original date of publication seems to be Jan 2008 and was attributed to "wire services."

That's pretty weak in my opinion and not exactly an example of solid journalism. If the OP's intention was to make the case the the US is seriously considering an attack on Iran then I wouldn't disagree with that opinion.

It seems, however, that the supporting links and quoted article are being misrepresented as making the case that the US has committed to launching a Nuclear attack against Iran.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I am not saying that I know for sure that the US is threatenning a strike on Iran however I was wanting to bring to the attention of the ATS forum that there are many threats being made from Iran, Israel and the US and that these things keep me up at night... sometimes.

I thank TheBandit795 for supporting my view that Globalresearch is far more reliable then many mainstream media news sources.

Perhaps the Night Waychmen would like to familiarise themselves with more of the articles on Globalresearch and would then be able to understand the quality and reliablity of the source.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
We all the secrecy surrounding the Bush/Cheney administration and their agendas, this news do not sound any outrageous at all, we all know that since bush was given the presidency of this nation in 2000 the plans to dominate the middle east and their pursue of oil rich axis of evil countries that are unfriendly to Israel has been part of the plan.

The only thing that is stopping the invasion of Iran is the fact that Bush didn't know that his spending frenzy was going to run Americas economy to the ground.

America can not afford another war.

top topics

join