It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something my marine friend told me reguarding the August Black Out.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Well. He went to boot camp on Pariss Island. Now he just told me that word around the base was that it was a terrorist attack. He didnt have any proof to back it up. He just said that the D.I.'s and such were talking about it etc. Im sure that was a terror attack. i also believe we have suffered many minor attacks. The blackout and the recent train crashes are something to think about.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omega Pickle
Well. He went to boot camp on Pariss Island. Now he just told me that word around the base was that it was a terrorist attack. He didnt have any proof to back it up. He just said that the D.I.'s and such were talking about it etc. Im sure that was a terror attack. i also believe we have suffered many minor attacks. The blackout and the recent train crashes are something to think about.

I'm sure if it was a supposed terrorist attack, a drill instructor for new recruits at Parris Island would be one of the last people to know. They would just put the raw recruits on standby/alert, with no information whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
yeah, when it happened my first thoughts were that it was terrorist attack. i was thinking along the lines of knock out all communication, then strike when no one would be able to know until it was too late.

EDIT: i don't think it was an attack now though, just a big screw up. the same thing in italy happened within a month later.

[Edited on 2/26/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I, too, wondered what caused it. Terrorist attack ?, someone buggering around with HAARP? ... but in the end I came to the conclusion that cmdrkeenkid did.
Someone screwed up.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
It's obvious that you know nothing about Parris Island.

Sometime during the training they take you aside early in the morning and "brief you for war". They make it sound real, then tell you it was a drill of sorts.

DIs will use anything to get people to bond and "follow the cause".

I highly doubt that a recruit has reliabe information.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
It was a nice little trick pulled to make people paranoid and pump them full of more fear, and it worked.

That's my 2 cents anyway.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
i hacked the northeast power grid and accidentally deleted the ON icon

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Yea I was going to say the same thing. In felt they were just telling the recruits that for #s and giggles. I told my pal it was possible but he stood firm.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
What about the California fires? I believe they were also part of a plot to disrupt our economy.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
It sure is possible. I believe I heard that fires were a terrorist intrest. I wouldnt be surprised if these things are what they call "soft targets".

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

I have it on good authority that NO RECRUIT has reliable information.

There's so much crap that circulates around basic training. I'm only personally privy to the Army, but I know it would apply to all branches.

Cherries don't get to watch the news or read newspapers. They are deliberately shut off from the outside, as events can cause DIs to lose control of morale and focus.

Anyway, so the power went out, huh.

I do believe that would be a good tactic for a terrorist, and I wouldn't doubt we were being probed, but I'd worry more about FEMA than al Queda regarding power outages.

DC

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
During basic training..instructors try n pump every new recruit with propaganda..they try and make war seem real to u..tell u all sorts of things so you're a better soldier..they prolly told him that to pump him up for war and b proud of joinin the marines..

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Hell pump them up with some fast techno music

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
LOL..my TIs in bmt did pump us up with techno..every morning after revelle..we'd get up to screaming..latrine cleaning and techno
..luckily I love techno so it was nice.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Yeah i like it aswell

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

I have it on good authority that NO RECRUIT has reliable information.

There's so much crap that circulates around basic training. I'm only personally privy to the Army, but I know it would apply to all branches.

Cherries don't get to watch the news or read newspapers. They are deliberately shut off from the outside, as events can cause DIs to lose control of morale and focus.

Anyway, so the power went out, huh.

I do believe that would be a good tactic for a terrorist, and I wouldn't doubt we were being probed, but I'd worry more about FEMA than al Queda regarding power outages.

DC

Yeah, I know. I've been to Parris Island, so I know what they are all about.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Hmm, what do u guys have to say about this:
globalresearch.ca...

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
yeah, the large snow fall in NYC in january was also a terrorist attack, my military buddy told me so.

top topics

join