It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Stockpiling Now? If so, what?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
Weapons! Yup, stocking up on lots of weapons and ammo. With these two things, I can acquire everything else I may need.

BTW, you don't need to buy just rifles and bullets to arm yourself (some places you can't even own real weapons). One of my favorite innocent looking potential weapons is a child toy, a Super Soaker water gun... and a gallon of kerosene... and a lighter. You can keep this cool make-shift weapon in the trunk of your car and nobody will have a clue how effective it can be used to keep a crowd of crazy monkeys 50 feet away from you. If you are armed and dangerous, you can get everything else you may need for free if you should ever have to.

And, stocking up on booze, drugs, and tobacco can also come in handy when you want to get other monkeys to do what you want them to do too.

I think you will turn yourself into a torch.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teki187

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Teki187

Listen this is a well thought out thread with great pearls of wisdom. The people that have given us this information deserve your respect not your sarcasm. Got a problem? Go visit Rant...

They dont deserve anything. All i see day in and day out on this forum is hysteria, bucket loads of it. The world is ending this way, that way, the other way. No proof, no evidence, just there crackpots and there insane claims.

The problem is, these posts influence the easily suggestible people in this world and all they do is make them more and more paranoid, segregating them from society because there so worried about the end of the world.

The world ending in 2012 is nonsense et cetera. But I've gone through three hurricanes and Katrina demonstrated what some people will do when they expect the government to take care of them. I have a store of food and water, guns and ammo. That covers most situations and most threats. That's not paranoia or end of the world mentality. It is lessons learned and listened to.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by Straight Razor]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
The world ending in 2012 is nonsense et cetera. But I've gone through three hurricanes and Katrina demonstrated what some people will do when they expect the government to take care of them. I have a store of food and water, guns and ammo. That covers most situations and most threats. That's not paranoia or end of the world mentality. It is lessons learned and listened to.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by Straight Razor]

Put me on that list too. Human Predators are not tolerated.

I didnt live through it, but I sure watched it all go down.

You seem to have the "lucky hurricane foot", and if you go through another one ... will you please Loot me some tennis shoes and a TV?

They probably stole washers and dryers too.

I guess it was a few days before people started to think about water huh?

Thats when it got really nasty, right?

Blitzkreigen

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
.22 shells for bartering
Whiskey, as above
10,000 rounds for each of my personal firearms
Honey, it does not go bad.
Toilet Paper
Rice
Beans
Canned Goods
Fuel at base & bugout hide #1
Good Cutlery
Tea
Coffee
Batteries

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
It's obvious the people who have been preparing for years and those who just started.

You've got people talking about total nuclear war, as if they are going to survive that. My bet is that half the people on here don't even know how to cook the food they've stored. Panicking is not a plan.

The most likely scenario right now is a full-fledged depression. The signs have been on the horizon for a year now. I spent some time questioning an elderly relative how they survived the first one, and let's just say, at their advanced age, they planted a garden this year. They gave me an article they saved on how to build a home still.

Likely, economic collapse will not result in looting, loss of water, loss of power, etc. Probably, you will be unable to afford gasoline or even your mortgage without taking in borders or relatives, much less food beyond the basics. Whatever you have stockpiled will be long gone before the crisis is over. Besides, there are laws against "hording" food beyond a two month supply.

Guess who has access to those grocery store savings card records and already knows what you've bought? I certainly hope you're purchasing your ammo with cash.

You need to develop a plan for sustaining a lifestyle. It takes a minimum of one year to learn how to garden -- assuming everything goes well. Do you know how to can? It takes months to learn how to cook most of your food from scratch. Brewing wine or beer takes about nine months and the equipment will run you well over $100. These aren't things you're going to do as a backup when SHTF, these are things you better know how to do NOW. If you've got a relative who is close to 90, they are an excellent resource.

If you haven't done so, you need to get rid of all your debt so that you aren't in danger of losing your primary residence.

You need a garden that is able to grow enough excess to trade for the other items you need. You need to stop throwing out bottles, containers, boxes and other items that can be reused. This was the big lesson from the Great Depression. Stop wasting.

It is important to have a plan if you lose your income. Now is the time to discuss with your relatives their plans as well. Find out who is doing what so you don't duplicate efforts.

Statistically, those who survive will be the ones who band together in a cooperative effort, not the Rambo types trying to survive out in the wilderness with a pocket knife and a FAL.

Be well.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join