It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emoticon Idiots on A and BTS!!!! grrr...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
No offense, but it seems some of you guys or gals are really fond of the emoticons... I can't say I haven't at one point or another indulged a bit myself, but as I trudge through the threads I notice a lot of people misuse them... It's annoying to say the least when you have a page long post due to emoticons...

When used properly they can actually express your emotion... When used incorrectly you look like a babbling idiot!!!! So don't be an emoticon retard and stop spamming the threads!!!!

Thank you, Love you, peace...................... I don't love you

[edit on 22-4-2008 by ElectricUncleSam]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I have no idea what your talking about :shk: people overusing emoticons? well they should be
for making up such
I cannot believe that people would stoop to such bull
in order to overuse these smileys!

But it's
I see your point and I am sure that those responsible will hold back on their exhuberant emoticon usage

I mean were not a bunch of
here. We all should know how to use a keyboard and not have to rely on a bunch of little yellow guys to fill in for actual words. I get so mad I wan't to :bnghd: against a brick wall looking for the right word to add to the discorse but alas I am
with too many ways to express myself.

It's not right to make poor ElectricUncleSam wade through post after post of people that should just
with the smileys already but alas even now I have no choice but to inundate him with smileys untill he
his eyes at me.

Proper use and limited use of these nifty little guys make a post but as you can see from the
that I have just given you. This kind of usage makes it too
ing hard to read.
mit.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I
, at this thread and somehow thought you were referring to me

Now I feel like I have been

I am going to
now,

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

LMAO yet feel like
you... hehe..
jk

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

LOL, no nobody in particular, just in general... Sorry this made you feel bad, but most likely if it did, then you use them too much... lol... But you're cool, for some reason I don't mind if you do it...

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I would add something to this thread, but I think WUK already said just about everything any of us could think to say on this subject

Good post WUK

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Not quite everything Jenny Girl..

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Oh, you need to :w::w::w::w:

as well as

or find a friend

I am not trying to
your post.:shk:

I mean OMG!

I just hope I don't get

and now lets hear it from the ATS dancers:

:clwnd nc:

:brkdn c:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I love emoticons. It saves me from typing too many words. It is animated and fun to watch like this one:

See? Well, not this one is just sitting there and doing nothing but making my mouth water. Now this food stuff is good enough for any meat-eaters. And to wash down this salty, processed dead animal from a can, how about an expression such as this one: :w:?

See? This is why noone should touch my emoticons or I'll be
(ranting),
(fuming) and of course quite
(upset). As matter of fact ATS needs more emoticons but we are limited to these few :shk:.

See? I just shook my head, which means I'm not all that convinced we will ever get to satisfy our emoticon usage. So I'll just :bnghd: (bang my head against this brick wall) to air out my frustration.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
I love emoticons. It saves me from typing too many words. It is animated and fun to watch like this one:

See? Well, not this one is just sitting there and doing nothing but making my mouth water. Now this food stuff is good enough for any meat-eaters. And to wash down this salty, processed dead animal from a can, how about an expression such as this one: :w:?

See? This is why noone should touch my emoticons or I'll be
(ranting),
(fuming) and of course quite
(upset). As matter of fact ATS needs more emoticons but we are limited to these few :shk:.

See? I just shook my head, which means I'm not all that convinced we will ever get to satisfy our emoticon usage. So I'll just :bnghd: (bang my head against this brick wall) to air out my frustration.

Heck yes they need more emoticons... The post above yours is more along the lines of what I was talking about... Course I know he/she did it to be annoying and silly so that's cool... It's funny how people take this personal... Why are others taking this personal? It's in general, nobody is being picked on specifically..

[edit on 23-4-2008 by ElectricUncleSam]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
I would add something to this thread, but I think WUK already said just about everything any of us could think to say on this subject

Good post WUK

Ya that was a good post he made, so why did you post, just to troll? Just curious?

new topics

top topics

join