It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lady of Dai

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Has anyone ever heard of her? I did research project on her for one of my archaeology courses. It is nothing short of amazing. There is a Nat Geo film about the her and a couple other chinese mummies that is pretty good also called "Diva Mummy."

There is some controversy over the fluid that was in her coffin.

Brief Overview

A little more info on the whole dig site.

[edit on 4/21/2008 by annelidhunter]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by annelidhunter

Very cool post. I had never heard of these before. Weird, how the skin was still soft and blood intact. I personally have opted not to be embalmed at my demise, something about removing all the blood seems wrong to me. Anyway, thanks for such an interesting post!

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Lady Dai was and is much more than she seems, rather than just a curious mummy, she should be compared with her constituent, the EBE known as "Monna Lisa" who was recovered by William Rutledge from a crashed Spacecraft on the Moon. This is a case of ancient history and current events colliding. Something you don't know, that incredible state of mummification was not attained by humans but is in fact a preservation by a superior race of beings. In the case of the Han Lady Dai, that is the Dropa.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by debris765nju]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Interesting. However, when I look at all of the images of the dig, and the models they made (all of this is on the NatGeo program "Diva Mummy") the preservation doesn't seem to be anything impossible for the time.

1. Her body was wrapped very tightly in 20 layers of silk.

2. Her body was placed in a coffin.

3. That coffin was tightly placed in a slightly larger coffin.

4. That coffin was then tightly placed inside yet another slightly larger coffin. So 3 stone coffins.

5. This set of coffins was then tightly placed in a made-to-fit, thick, wooden casket type box.

6. This box was then tightly placed in a similar, made-to-fit box.

7. This box was then placed at the bottom of a 40 ft inverted pyramid.

8. 5 tons of charcoal was then packed and molded around the box.

9. Then a 4 foot thick layer of clay was molded around the charcoal.

10. And lastly, a 50 foot tall mound of dirt was packed on top of her tomb.

It also should be noted that the climate of the Yangtze River valley is pretty wet. All of the water in the soil causes it to be cooler when you dig tombs, tunnels, rooms etc. deep into the earth. This would also have a hand in the preservation.

I have made images of the computer model that NatGeo put in the "Diva Mummy" production. I will get them up here later when I get a chance.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by annelidhunter

Yes, there is extensive mention of her in Peter Marshall's book The Philosopher's Stone.

It's a fine and entertaining book.
However, I have since found several of Marshall's stories to be based on somewhat faulty evidence.

I saw a (purported) photograph of the body once.
It was a very bad quality photo, but even so the body appeared to be in much less a "miraculous" state than Marshall described it.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I will have to read up on that. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

I saw a (purported) photograph of the body once.
It was a very bad quality photo, but even so the body appeared to be in much less a "miraculous" state than Marshall described it.

yup shes quite a looker

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
"there are more things under heaven and earth than are drempt of in your philosophy, Horatio". William Shakespeare. As i posted earlier, Lady Dai was and is much more than a well preserved chinese lady. This is a different perspective of Lady Dai and her coffin, you might say from a Shaman's point of view. There is another "mummy" very similar to lady Dai, racially and very, very old. You might want to read the EBE Apollo 20 thread currently on ATS and compare that mummy, recovered by Commander William Rutledge in august 1976. Interesting thing about that mummy, it still had "life signs" and it was brought to earth legally alive. At least, she would be if she were acknowledged. As you so faithfully recounted the techniques used to inter Lady Dai, i will only add the eighty gallons of mysterious "embalming fluid" (i personally think it was a vitamin supplement for the beings that maintained her mind.) Because of these facts, there is absolutely no way i could manipulate any of the facts of this discovery. I did manipulate the picture, i rotated it 90 degrees and enhanced the light to reveal the living beings that are still with Lady Dai, then i enhanced the color to make these beings more visible. I have no desire to deceive, only to reveal. I will show you how to do magic, if you are willing? It isn't complicated either. Download the picture, view full-screen and record a video using your webcam, simply go left to right, than right to left. That's it, now simply look at what you recorded. If you care enough to do that then you can respond to me here and i will tell you more. If not, thats okay too.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

That picture is so small that when I veiw it full screen, its horribly distorted and pixelated! I picke dnothing up recording it with a cam corder, what do you see?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju
In the case of the Han Lady Dai, that is the Dropa.

would that be the fake dropa invented by Erich Von Daniken in 1968 or another more genuine group of E.T's

en.wikipedia.org...

Dropa (also Dropas, Drok-pa or Dzopa, Chinese: 杜立巴 ) is the name given to an alleged race of dwarf-like extraterrestrials claimed to have landed near the China-Tibet border approximately twelve thousand years ago by Erich von Däniken in his book Chariots of the Gods. There is no genuine evidence that any such beings existed or any such landings occurred, and many claims made by Däniken have been specifically disproved.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
That was the only thing I could find on it as well. But hey, I don't know everything...

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
That image does resemble her coffin. As far as the fluid goes, no one has been able to prove exactly how it got into the space, but they have, as far as I know, proven that it contained nothing that helps in the preservation of the flesh. There were containers of food that were also found in the tomb, NOT INSIDE THE COFFIN AND FLUID, that was also preserved. The fluid in her coffin contained small traces of cinnabar, a mercury ore, that ancient chinese believed prolonged life. This has been proven false. But they do not know exactly how the fluid got into the coffin, or what all it contains. It is slightly acidic, thats the extent of what they know so far. I have been trying to get copies of the full reports by the Chinese pathologists and the anthropologists that have worked on her. It is just a waiting game. I don't think these reports will give any new insight to the fluid debate, but I would still like to go over them.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Sorry it took so long getting back to you about the Dropa, i had to enlarge and colorize the picture. Why? Anybody can see the male and female posed in the picture, but they are not the Dropa. The Dropa are extraterrestial, nearly invisible and apodal. It isn't that they are trying to hide from us, they just developed in a different spectrum than we have here. The human eye requires something to focus on, hence the two small people. The Dropa are not something that was, they are. They are the Roswell aliens also, there too they used same gray aliens for their size and physicality. Getting back on topic, There is very good evidence that the nation of China was created by the Dropa using human counterparts. Why? Logic dictates that a superior intellect coupled with superior weapons and tools will defeat superstitious and less developed peoples every time. Lady of Dai was a part of that established ruling class, she was a tool for the Dropa and as such she was maintained by them. That beautiful black china was dropa, not made by dropa, made of Dropa. Have you studied the pyramids of China? The first Emperor and the terra cotta army? The Emperor was so feared that even today they are afraid to open it completely. The wealth of his tomb eclipses that of King Tut yet it was never plundered. The point i'm trying to make is this, all the pyramids and burial mounds worldwide are Dropa. I have found them in all these sites and they appear to be the same as the ones pictured above. I think the state of the Lady of Dai's body bears proof of how efficient that are at preserving the human body and the fact that they (Dropa) are still alive and functioning after two thousand years, shows they do know something about immortality. In this, i am a true believer.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
The top is the original, maya, i think. The bottom is my enhanced version. Creatures create according to their size and therefore see in the same manner, according to their size.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
you sir are a faker

that picture which you claim is the dropa is the same picture that is regularly posted on pseudohistoric websites

it doesn't actually show the dropa, it is in fact a picture taken by a news crew in 1947 and shows two chinese peasants in traditional costume. I'd love you to explain how you forgot to crop the picture down the left hand side where it was originally badly cropped and shows a thin white lines. that was just laziness on your part wasn't it

as has already been pointed out to you the Dropa aliens were invented (been proven loads of times) by Erich Von Daniken in 1968
i posted this link to you before
en.wikipedia.org...
this time I suggest you first read it and then explain to everyone on this forum why you are faking your evidence

ignorance denied buddy

still your quite handy with photoshop do you think you could help me retouch my wedding pics ?

cheers, gave me a laugh anyway

[edit on 23-4-2008 by legionromanes]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
So, in order to prove that the Dropa people - a proud and honourable tribe of nomadic tribesmen from Tibet and who have nothing whatsoever to do with the Lady of Dai - are actually space aliens, debris765nju plays around on photoshop with what is already a fake picture ......

Which proves only that debris765nju doesn't know what he's talking about and certainly knows nothing about the Dropa (or else he'd have photoshopped a picture actually depicted the Dropa
)

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Which proves only that debris765nju doesn't know what he's talking about and certainly knows nothing about the Dropa (or else he'd have photoshopped a picture actually depicted the Dropa
)

something like this you mean ?

don't ask me where I found it eh

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by legionromanes

Oh wow, gee, you found me out. Your deductive reasoning is beyond reproach or.......you could have just read what i posted under the picture. The purpose was to separate Dropa the alien from Dropa, the people. You cannot expect people to respect your intellect unless you can prove you have one. Snide and puerile comments have no place on this or any other thread. As for me being a faker and/or lazy, the photograph is historic and well known by all who have sought information on the Dropa, that is why i chose it, recognition. Read the caption under the picture, it will give you something to do while you are removing your foot from your mouth.

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

[edit on 23-4-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

the photograph is historic and well known by all who have sought information on the Dropa, that is why i chose it, recognition. Read the caption under the picture, it will give you something to do while you are removing your foot from your mouth.

Because of these facts, there is absolutely no way i could manipulate any of the facts of this discovery. I did manipulate the picture, i rotated it 90 degrees and enhanced the light to reveal the living beings that are still with Lady Dai, then i enhanced the color to make these beings more visible. I have no desire to deceive, only to reveal.

nice try but you originally claimed that the picture was present in the photo of lady Dai and needed to be enhanced to reveal the figures

now you're saying you chose the picture

clearly your two statements are in complete opposition to each other and you my friend just broke the rules

1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by legionromanes If you have any comments that deal with this thread i would be happy to respond to your comments. maybe. I don't like people who lie and stir up mischief simply for their own amusement. At least you read my posts looking for ammunition. Thanks

top topics

<<   2 >>

join