It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if one gallon regular would put ya down $10?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I honestly believe at least here in the US, the economy would collapse way before gas reached $10.00 a gallon. I make a fairly decent wage for my wife and myself and we are surviving from paycheck to paycheck. Many people are not near as fortunate as I am, many! If the price gets that high, I sure hope the powers that be are ready.
I don't want to change the discussion but a total breakdown would ensue. I guess I would leave it at that. Just thought I would put my 2 cents in.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It would just make me stay at home more. Would probably just spend more time on ATS.....

This gets me thinking, Could ATS be behind the rise in gas prices? Hmmmnn.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Double Post.

[edit on 22-6-2008 by disgustedbyhumanity]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
If gas were to go above 6-7 dollars I would probably just quit driving all together unless it was an emergency. If it were $10, I would sell my cars to the highest bidder.

Gas where I live in MN is at $3.95 and I probably spend $50-$60 a week right now. I have two cars of relatively small size and they get about 33MPG HWY and the other gets about 36MPG HWY and I consider that efficient. Im not going to go out and waste my money on a hybrid that will cost a fortune and will only get slightly better mileage. Gas prices are out of control right now and the only thing I belive we can do to bring it down is to use less, therefor reducing the demand and lowering the price.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
We would have to rent out our spare room. Husbands job is 80 miles away.

Could never sell in this market, and I feel the need to be rural anyway.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I spend 18 USD to fill the tank on my motorcycle @3.95 a gallon. At 10.00 it would be 40$. I would not even notice the difference. That's the coolest thing about crotch rockets. Well actually the 0-60 in 2.8 seconds is pretty darn cool too.

Glad I don't have to pay for the gas in my truck..... It's a whopping 91.50$ to fill up now, @ 10.00/gal, it would be an unfathomable 260.00$

But like I said, work pays for that.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join