It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preparing for Disaster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Ive Recieved a booklet in the post today, telling me how to prepare incase of a major "incident". Now ive lived in ireland all my life, im 29 and ive never had anything like this come through my post box. Do you think the government are tryna prepare us for sumthin cause ive read the booklet and theres some pretty hardcore survival stuff in it, here is the link to the web site also..

www.emergencyplanning.ie...

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Likewise in the Netherlands my friend. the pamflets are dropping in the mail and the commercials and interviews are preparing us for disaster. It is so friggin'obvious. Oh well, just weather the storm.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Meanwhile... Here in the states, we are told the usual, like what Britney did this time! [sigh]

Yep. It's on, alright.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Haven't received any pamphlets here in sunny Kally-phone-ya, yet.

However, a "Pandemic Preparedness" seminar was held recently in one of the public conference rooms at my office (I work for the State government).

There was no publicity, either before or after the event.

I know about it only because I happened to see the poster directing attendees to the conference room on my way out of the building.

Our agency's phone center, I'm told, is to be placed at the disposal of the State's Office of Emergency Services in the event of any state-wide disaster/emergency. To that end, our section of the building (and Only our section) is connected to a natural gas-fired emergency generator.

That generator came in handy during the last major storm: All of the toilets in the building are sensor operated, so no power, no flush. When the lights went out in a major wind storm, we had the only working restrooms in the building; two restrooms for 3000 people!

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by danieljacob28

I think that sounds very scary Bhadhidar, from what nation could your country have reason to worry about, or do you think it is food shortage related?

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Well, since it was a "Pandemic Preparedness" conference, I don't think the worry was a in the nature of a threat from any "Country".

Their concern would be more likely the effect of having a significant portion of the work-force, including government officials and emergency personnel unable to work due to illness.

Food shortages would only be a problem insofar as there might not be enough healthy individuals available to insure that stores are re-supplied by transporting the food to where it's needed.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Yo man
Im also in ireland, im in westmeath, where you?
I got the booklet today and its freaked me out alot, what also freaks me out is this

€2m tech investment for national emergency strategy (ireland)
Pretty scary stuff
Maybe out gov knows somthing?

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Good thread.

In Canada, we've been bombarded with these ads recently. It is a bit disconcerting. The ads include an ominous church bells sountrack

ANNOUNCER: Are you prepared? In a major emergency – like a flood or blackout - you need to be ready to take care of yourself and your loved ones for at least 72 hours, while emergency workers help those in urgent need. Start today. Prepare your emergency kit. Visit GetPrepared.ca or call 1-800-O-CANADA to find out where to get a kit, or how to put one together. Because we all have a role to play in preparing for emergencies. A message from the Government of Canada.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

Sorry , I did not read the accompanying article, I won't be suprised to see the same type info passed around the US soon.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

If the lisbon treaty is voted in, in ireland. The only country in europe that can vote against because of our constitution, if it goes through we will lose our neutrality an become another u.n stooge..

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Could be sumthin to do with bird flu, or if englands nuclear plants were attacked we would feel the brunt aswell..

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   

does anyone here know if and when England gets the preparing for disaster booklet

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by danieljacob28

Could be sumthin to do with bird flu, or if englands nuclear plants were attacked we would feel the brunt aswell..

Could have to do with any number of weapons that will be unleashed against the citizens of the world. I expect a massive depopulation effort very soon.

With genmod bugs (Anthrax Leprosy Pi, anyone?) in the pipeline, HAARP capable of manipulating "heaven (weather) and earth (earthquakes)," false flag "terrorist attacks," and other nefarious manipulation of our species...

I think it's coming at us fast. But some who know this have a soul and compassion, so they're giving us our best shot at survival.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuebor
Good thread.

In Canada, we've been bombarded with these ads recently. It is a bit disconcerting. The ads include an ominous church bells sountrack

ANNOUNCER: Are you prepared? In a major emergency – like a flood or blackout - you need to be ready to take care of yourself and your loved ones for at least 72 hours, while emergency workers help those in urgent need. Start today. Prepare your emergency kit. Visit GetPrepared.ca or call 1-800-O-CANADA to find out where to get a kit, or how to put one together. Because we all have a role to play in preparing for emergencies. A message from the Government of Canada.

I was going to post saying that up here I haven't sen anything like those flyers, and was wondering if we were set to "go down with the ship". Then I saw your post and remembered those ads. The first time I saw them the only thought I had was "We are so screwed". I am wondering what I would have to prepare for that would take 72 hours. This is the only scenario I could come up with:
1. Power, water, gas shutdown, people go into panic mode
2. This gives whoever the opportunity to "weed" the communities, and commit any other crimes that need to be taken care of.
3. Everything comes back on in a few days and any missing people are chalked up to the panic.
4. All of a sudden we are in need of more "protection"

Of course that is "tinfoil hat" in me coming out.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I found this website a couple months back...
www.ki4u.com...
... and printed out this write-up/list for some good guidelines...
WHAT TO DO IF A NUCLEAR DISASTER IS IMMINENT!

And I don't watch much TV... but I believe the following requested action includes your computer and video games for this coming week...
National TV-Turnoff Week

Purpose: To re-think the role of television, why we use it and how and what for. Assess its impact on students, teachers, parents, children,individuals, etc.

How: Simply switch off or unplug your TV set for seven days and engage in a wide range off substitute activities.

Who: Individuals, children, families, students, groups, etc.

Where: In your homes, schools, libraries, businesses, congregations, etc.

And the official website...
TV Turnoff

Sounds like a very opportune time for the PTB -- that is if people would actually do it

[edit on 4/20/2008 by RabbitChaser]

top topics

join