It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kecksburg vs. Roswell?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Seems to me Kecksburg has really come into focus as of late but I guess I'm wondering which you all feel has more evidence, credibility and significance.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Both are tremendous,but I would put my money on Roswell due to the military officially going on record as having captured a flying saucer(before the sweep-up team had a chance to silence everyone),and 50 years later probably garners the largest force of folks who are convinced our government is hiding something.Kecksberg was very impressive as well,but I don't think it was quite the event(in terms of alien bodies and the like)of Roswell.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I definitely agree. There's been a more cultural impact as well but that's of course due to Roswells exposure.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I thought the recent Sci-Fi Channel "Town Hall Meeting" with living witnesses to the Kecksburg crash was interesting and surprisingly well done.

A streaming RealVideo version can be seen here:
www.scifi.com...

In the Disclosure Project's National Press Club Conference, lawyer Daniel Sheehan claims to have seen several photos in a restricted area at the Library of Congress of a crashed UFO. From Sheehan's description of the object which can be heard near the end of the video linked below, it might be the Kecksburg UFO. Too bad the Sci-Fi channel didn't get Sheehan together with the original witnesses and try to corroborate their descriptions.

www.netro.ca...

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by Condorcet]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Condercat

Thanks a load for that link!

I am always finding myself gutted that the Sci Fi channel in UK is wank compaired to the US. We just get cheesey fiction shows.

I am glad I will now hopefully be able to catch up on the stuff you Yanky Doodle dandies are always buzzing about.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Condprcat.

Can you give me the URl for the page which lists what shows I can see online as streaming, please?

I dont seem to be able to find the list.

Thankyou

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplesod
Condprcat.

Can you give me the URl for the page which lists what shows I can see online as streaming, please?

Thankyou

You must have Real Player installed to see it. It takes a while to buffer before playing. It might be impossible to watch on a low-bandwidth connection.

play.rbn.com.../usanet/g2demand/scifi/kecksburg/kecksburg_townhall_ss.rm&proto=rtsp

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Kecksburg sounds great, but I think it had more to do with a Russian satellite that came down the same night....it is documented. Just because the Govt will not disclose the incident does not mean it is ET.

I am not sure of Roswell anymore. Not one solid piece of evidence in almost 60 years?

The pilot sighting reports(both commercial and military) are much more interesting to me.

That being said, go to the news section on the www.coasttocoastam.com site and there is a story of former astronaut Edgar Mitchell saying at a conference a few days ago that there are ET bodies in the Goverment's possession being studied.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst
Kecksburg sounds great, but I think it had more to do with a Russian satellite that came down the same night....it is documented. Just because the Govt will not disclose the incident does not mean it is ET.

Did you listen to the witness testimony on the Sci-Fi show? The people who *saw it in the air* described it as maneuvering and flying slow and level before its crash.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Yeah, I watched the Kecksburg show.....

The people seemed to be able to agree where the object came down, but opinions seemed to differ on the issue of the object "manuevering."

still doesn't mean ET.
I want proof.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
*x files theme goes here*IT IS ET WE HAVE FOUND THE REAL ET!!!! THE ALIEN EAGLE HAS LANDED

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I don't understand the need for a Roswell vs. Kecksburg discussion. They're both interesting cases. I think it's more important to listen carefully to the *actual witnesses* then to "ufo experts" and gov't officials.

www.post-gazette.com...

www.pittsburghlive.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I believe more on the Kecksburg case.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Condorcet

Originally posted by triplesod
Condprcat.

Thankyou

You must have Real Player installed to see it. It takes a while to buffer before playing. It might be impossible to watch on a low-bandwidth connection.

play.rbn.com.../usanet/g2demand/scifi/kecksburg/kecksburg_townhall_ss.rm&proto=rtsp

Nah mate. YOu misunderstand. Honestly, I dont need any techie help, although thanks anyway.

What I wanted to know is, is there a page on the sci fi website which gives the links to which programs you can download and watch? I couldnt seen to find one.

IN other words, I would like to see if they have anything else available apart from your Kecksburg show, where abouts on the site would I be able to see what they are showing?

Thanks again!

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I am not sure of Roswell anymore. Not one solid piece of evidence in almost 60 years?

Hey Faceache.

You know, you are really very wrong on that account.

There has been so much new info just in the last decade. In fact, more in the last decade than ever before. I am talking about Very trustworthy people giving witness to the events, deathbed confessions. You could do with looking into the case a bit further, I really think you would be suprised at just how much stronger the case has become. And that is even with the US gov releasing their 50 year blah blah whatever it is.

But, what you really should look into is this

roswellproof.homestead.com...

Smoking GUn?

Smoking... er... spacecraft more like!!

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Roswell certainly has more evidence and credible witnesses to add to its veracity. One of the most qualified Roswell base members, like Jesse Marcel, came forward with his knowledge on the incident (he was the guy photographed with the weather balloon debris). We even have two retired astronauts who have come forward with their information on Roswell being an extraterrestrial craft crash. Anyway, there is a mountain of good evidence for Roswell compared to Kecksburg.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
HeyTrip,

That Roswell site is REALLY scraping the bottom of the barrel. I admit, it is an interesting approach, but would not stand up in ANY court.

Show me some evidence that is SOLID.

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   

HeyTrip,

That Roswell site is REALLY scraping the bottom of the barrel. I admit, it is an interesting approach, but would not stand up in ANY court.

Show me some evidence that is SOLID.
How about retired astronaut Dr. Edgar Mitchell's testimony of seeing classified government documents showing that Roswell was an alien ship crash? Such testimony under the correct political spotlight could pave the way for those secret files to be opened. Though we would have to get through a drastic change in how Washington D.C. works in order for that to happen.

Not only that, but we have lots of credible witness testimony on this subject. Many have died since 1947, but their statements never changed. None that I have seen anyway. Witness credibility for some reason is not accounted for with UFOs and we have lots of witnesses of sound mind and body pertaining to this very subject.

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I find Mitchell's recent statement's that "bodies are being studied" to be very interesting. Check the CoasttoCoastam.com news section for a link.

I am sure there are lots of witnesses of sound mind and body, that is a good step foward, but it still does not comprise actual hard evidence.

Where and when did Mitchell admit to seeing UFO/Alien documents? I follow him a bit and have not seen anything on that. Just curious. Could you post a link?

[Edited on 28-2-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Kevin Randle's book about Roswell is good reading. It gets a poor rating on Amazon but that might be a clue to its veracity. It contains A LOT of impressive witness testimony. I believe it has stood the test of time fairly well. I am, however, a skeptic about it. Randle was and is an Air Force intelligence officer and this might be disinformation created to inflate US military and technological capability. I wish someone could have gotten all these witnesses together in the same room and let 'em fight it out, as in the Sci-fi Kecksburg program.

Link to the book:

www.amazon.com...=1077950641/sr=1-11/ref=sr_1_11/104-8491504-5637508?v=glance&s=books

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join