It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curious about black card

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by davestock
[more

For some reason I'm finding it hard to believe your fable.

The baits mouldy.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I found this to be a rather interesting story and couldnt resist helping out. I did some image searching and found a bunch of emblems which might help out? Perhaps you could let me know if any of these are similar so I might be able to focus my search a but more?

Hopefully this helps!

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I've searched for about two hours and have not come up with anything yet. I will keep looking but, if the story was true, it seems as if it was nothing more than a very well made business card. Which would make sense for two reasons: one the firm obviously has the money to make high end business cards and two if they were at a buisness meeting, then it would not be unusual to give out a buisness card. Also emblems like the ones posted in this thread are not uncommon, and many buisnesses use emblems as their seal or logo. It does'nt seem that unusual to me, two buisness men meeting, one maybe a client, the other a representative of a firm, passing out a card. It also makes sense why someone would cover the card up as well. He just did'nt want you looking at it, plain and simple.

Do a google search and you will see that many lawyers, institutions, and many other buisnesses use emblems. Two lions looking in on a shield is a pretty common emblem. Unless someone can come up with the exact card, and shed more light on this story, then it seems like it will be inconclusive.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by schism85]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Something like this:

external link

A possibility maybe?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by davestock
I'm in the New York City area and was at a business lunch meeting with a client the other day -- a hole-in-the-wall mediteranean place down in lower manhatten. There were two guys in very high-end suits who sat down at a table nearby. They talked quietly while there, but I didn't think anything of it ..... I noticed on the table there was a black card (I had seen one man give this to the other earlier) sitting on the table -- it was like a business card but looked almost metal and polished.

Sounds like a job interview or client meeting and a very nice, expensive business card. What was the name of the restaurant?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
So.. I decided to search for Hillix Firm (thinking you may have, like you said, misread it a little.) Guess what... Hillix is a very old law firm.

It seems that Albert F. Hillix joined forces with the Governor of Kansas City, en.wikipedia.org... , back in the 1940s.

Albert F. Hillix was a counselor for Phi Gamma Delta www.phigam.org...

In 1998 "The law firms of Morrison & Hecker and Hillix Brewer Hoffhaus Whittaker & Wright merged" kansascity.bizjournals.com...

I found Morrison & Heckler's website.. but there is no referace to Hellix on there.. They must have split off some time since 98.. www.stinson.com...

I just found this.. I want other people to research this as well.. Im too busy to spend a bunch of time looking for this. But it seems that they are actually a really old, important law firm.. with barely any recent info on them.

Peace

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
A suspiciously secretive firm is worthy of a little publicity.
If you are able to determine who they are I'm sure you'll let us know, I want to call them and ask what it takes to become a member.

I just hope it's not a new type of sleeper cell.

Thanks OP, Good thread

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Could the logo have been a lion? www.helix-associates.co.uk...
There are at least three major companies based in New York with the name Helix.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The name of the restaurant was Sevilla down on Charles Street in New York. It's not very high end, but not uncommon to see a business meeting I guess. I think what made these guys stand out was that they were a few levels above or over-dressed than the rest of the place and just the hushed attitude of the whole thing in combination with the weird card and behavior.

Some of the emblems/crests you guys are posting are coming close. It was definitely completely black and white with no color. But since I only saw it so quickly I don't know if I'd be able to identity it anyway. Maybe it was just a meeting of some sort of an interview as you guys have suggested.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
i doubt its secret having a meeting in a public place is not feasible not secret at all and if it was they wont let you leave unharmed since their secrecy is everything to them

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I'm going to go out on a limb here and i saw one other poster mention it but I can expand a bit.

I believe for at least last year custom business cards are available which have a built in chip with all relevant info on it. It can be plugged into your PC via USB and will then display the info from a picture and bio of a person to a video outlining the company.

Can't remember where I saw it but I believe it was a Japanese site.

Furthermore, regarding AmEx cards, you don't need to be anybody to graduate up the card line. As long as you're a good customer with great credit and are willing to pay the fees they will eventually offer you every card they have. At the time I was making $35,000 per yr, I had a platinum card. I no longer feel the need to flaunt such silliness nor do I want the $300+ fee.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by jbondo]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
You are describing a common style of business card. I have loads of business customers and I see those a few times during the year. The name and logo of the business is generally on the front and the other information is on the back. They are pricey to print up so some businesses use them to show a little class.

It could also be a key card to a room or office.

Sounds like a bit of paranoia to me. Be careful. In some states if they were talking low to not be overheard they have a legal expectation of privacy.

I personally stare at eavesdroppers and make loud rude comments about them when I catch them. Sometimes I go into a fake conversation to give them something to talk about. I rank it right up there with people who have loud conversations on their cell phones at restaurants and ruin everyones meals.

Everybody wants privacy themselves but don't want to give it to others.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
You are describing a common style of business card. I have loads of business customers and I see those a few times during the year. The name and logo of the business is generally on the front and the other information is on the back.

No, what I am describing is an electronic business card that you plug into your PC via a flip out USB connection. The card has a small amount of flash memory on it that will display whatever is programmed into it.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but what you describe is a common style and that's not what I am talking about.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I was searching online for informtation on the Amex black card and came across this thread...this is very interesting! It doesn't sound like a credit card. I thought maybe it's a business card if the logo was also on the guy's briefcase. I couldn't find anything on the Helix Firm when I searched through Google or Yahoo, but there actually is a helixfirm.com. Has anyone tried going to this site? It could be what you saw.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by davestock
Wow I appreciate all of the responses!

To answer the questions asked, the emblem was all white. I think! Like I said, I only got all of a few seconds look at it, but I don't remember seeing any color. The emblem and writing were all white on just a plain black background. It looked similar to the crest/emblem that one of you posted, but it wasn't green... and I THINK it had words on it, but it was too small for me to read. It looked like more than one word on the emblem itself.

There were distinct "sections" on the emblem. Like I said before it looked similar to a sheild from years ago with separate sections and icons. I just didn't get a long enough look at it. I've been racking my head trying to remember, but Snobird, you mentioned a key. There might have been a key in part of the emblem. I remember seeing something that looked like a stick with a loop on it. I go fishing a lot so I immediately thought of a fishing net!! Hahaha... and I seriously doubt it was, so I don't want to sound stupid saying there was a fishing net on it! But that could have very well been a key. I got a better (bigger) look at it on his briefcase when I glanced down walking past... but it's just too hard to say for certain.

This description is very odd and contradicting. First off the emblem was all white, but you don't remember seeing a color, but you saw the emblem and text were white, and wasn't green? But you remember seeing distinct sections on the emblem, something that looked like a fishing net and a word on the emblem itself? You also said you immediately thought of a fishing net. So when you were walking by, you observed all this little detail in an instant before the guy covered the card, and you don't remember a color? Oh wait, you said you do, "the emblem and writing were all white on just a plain black background" but then you clearly say you did not see a color. You are a very bad story teller. Anyone who reads this description carefully can see that.

By the way, you are from New York right, it is Manhattan, not Manhatten, and I am from Chicago and know that. Also the resturant you specified, is a spanish resturant, and dosen't look like a hole in the wall to me on their website. In fact looking into different descriptions on the web, one actually says its a perfect place for buisiness meetings. I can find it and show it to you if you'd like. I smell a hoax.

[edit on 19-4-2008 by schism85]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Sorry I'm not the best speller. Yes I'm from NY, born and raised all of my life but don't live in the city. I also haven't ever visited the statue of liberty! Sevilla isn't big at all. It's on the corner in a quiet area of the village (Charles st), and yes it has a spanish side to it.

I noticed the "fishing net" thing when I saw the bigger emblem on the guy's attache case next to his chair. The card I saw was CLEARLY black and white only. I said I didn't notice any color meaning it was only in black and white. I honestly don't care much anymore. I just thought it was an odd thing, no big deal.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by davestock

You are wrong again. You said you saw the emblem was all white!!! Not the card, but THE EMBLEM!! If you say something is all white, you are stating that you saw a color, period. Now to say that you did'nt see a color, you would have to drop that you saw the emblem was all white.Also in one of your first posts, you said the card was almost completely black. Then you say a guy was pointing at it prior, in your op you say you did'nt see it untill you left. You also said you got a bigger, better look at the emblem when you left glancing down at the briefcase, assuming you already saw the card when you walked in, completly condradicting yourself. Exactly how many times did you glance down on your way out the door? Must have been a long walk. lol. If you don't care much anymore than you should'nt have posted because there are probably still some poor souls that believe your story, and are looking for this card that doesn't exist. People around here take these stories seriously, as I did when I read your post, but then I noticed that you were lying, and made you aware. If this really happened to someone, they would at least not contradict themselves, even if their recolection is a little sketchy. Like I said before, you are a very bad story teller.

By the way I am not picking on you, I just don't believe your story. It is still up on ATS and people can still read this thread even if you don't care anymore. I just don't want people to waste their time. When someone that nobody knows (just registered at that), comes out with a story that has no proof, and the story contradicts itself, it only leaves one option. HOAX

[edit on 21-4-2008 by schism85]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by schism85

You've been her a little more than a month and already you're an expert on ATS hoaxes?

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

No! Not by any means of the word EXPERT. Where in my post did I say I was an expert?? What do I talk like one?? I did'nt think so, I was just stating the obvious. I am entitled to my opinion, and if you don't like it, prove me wrong. Nobody knows me on here either, but I don't go posting descriptions of something that happened to me, then contradicting myself. If I did I would expect someone to call me out too. Plain and simple.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
All this talk of hushed meetings and the word HELIX as a company
reminds me of the ULTIMATE conspiracy corporation...

The PARALLAX CORPORATION

From Warren Beatty's incredible film THE PARALLAX VIEW
(which fictionalizes the asassinations of Kennedy, etc...)

Hope it was not them!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join