It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curious about black card

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

MemoryShock,

Granted, I probably shouldn't jump to conclusions, but considering the lack of info we have on Helix, or if they even exist and this is not a Hoax, how do know they aren't shady?

(There was no seriousness in my comment mate, just a little excited that's all. If you read through the post again you might realize that comment was only meant in jest.)

Later.

- Sam.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMe74

I think there may be another record, but everywhere I go they want to charge me to see it. I tried domaintools.com and gave them a fake email, there were some intresting things on their, but to see the other who-is records for the site, you had to pay a fee. Maybe if someone else took a look on that site maybe it would help. I am not a wiz when it comes to computers, but they do a traceroute on the domain name, I just don't know how exactly that can help. They also do reverse ip (whatever that is) and they let you do a ping search (whatever that is) and a dns search (whatever that is). If anyone thinks those things would help I would be happy to post what I found.

There is also a site where it tells you what they used to build the site with, I don't know if that would help either.

On aboutus.com there is a page made for the helix firm. I was wondering if this was user submitted, or was it someone from aboutus.com?

Here is the link:Aboutus.com

Update: I realized that if someone out there wanted us to figure this out he would have left some clues. I think the blog on wired.com is bogus, and that the perp wanted us to read it, and get a clue from it. He says in one of the posts " I think there may be a connection to yale". I think we should pursue that as well. I will look into it.

Update2: The only link I could find between The Helix Firm and Yale, is that the company I mentioned in a previous post, Helix Associates, which is the number one link on google when you type, helix firm, had a director there in London, that graduated from Yale, named John Barber. Now John Barber wrote this little piece entitled "Maestro of Private Equity" about the financial investments at Yale (or at least thats what I got from it). I do not know if this means anything, or if Helix Associates has anything to do with The Helix Firm (check my old post for possible connections), or if Yale has anything to do with any of this. I am getting a headache.

Here is the link to the article I found: PDF

Here is a link on Barber himself: John Barber

[edit on 23-4-2008 by schism85]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I guess no one figured this one out. As it still stands in my head, Davestock and collaborators and hoaxers. Helix Firm was nothing more than a hoax IMHO. The OP ditched this thread, when he knew we were on to him, and the website is phony. He baited other parts of the internet and contrdicted himself plenty of times in his postings. I tried to find as much info as I could, but when it comes down to it, this story was fabricated, to say the least.

I want to say this for anyone who reads through this thread, do not waste too much time on this one, I have exausted plenty of possibilities reguarding this story and have come up pretty much empty handed.

If you can somehow find out what is up with the website, you can prove this to be a hoax. Not that it still matters because Davestock and collaborators have bailed.

In conclusion, I want to say that if Helix Firm is a legit buisness or secret society, there would be some record, or account somewhere to prove this. Since there is no such thing anywhere, I can only sum this one up as a Hoax. Sorry Davestock, not ellaborate enough to keep the interest.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Did you take a look at www.helixfirm.com to see if that's the same logo you saw? Strange looking site.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jerry2a

Op already bailed. He did not confirm nor deny. It was a hoax anyway, just did'nt have time enough to prove it.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Guys,

Sorry to be missing here for so long. I have been away on business.

This is NUTTY. YES that is the logo!! I visited the site, thank you for the link. That is ABSOLUTELY the same logo. I feel like I've gotten the 3rd degree from some of you though! I am not sure what it is either but I'm DEFINITELY not part of any hoax. I know some of you are saying this is a hoax, but I honestly can't even tell what it would be a hoax OF? I don't see anything on the site except for some fields to type in????

As for everyone jumping on me, I'm sorry to get you all excited. It was a very simple event and had no idea it would turn into this. A friend of mine who is in the computer business took a look at it after I showed him this board. He pretty much confirmed what a bunch of you have already said. The site can't be "looked up" he said but he also said that's not uncommon? I don't know I have to take his word for it.

I'm not even convinced that this is anything more than just a company who we're now all poking at for no good reason. I realize I was the one who raised the flag, but it doesn't seem all that damning to me from whatever is on their site. Admittedly, I don't get it! I appreciate everyone going so far out of their way to look into this. I'm thoroughly impressed with this board!!

I don't know why I didn't try typing in the name just into the browser address, but it wasn't in the google results when I searched so I guess I just didn't think to do that. It's actually IN the google results now, though??

Anyway I do appreciate everyone responding and again apologize if people are pointing fingers at me for whatever reason. I know some others here have gotten the same treatment just for "uncovering" stuff in their attempt to help.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by davestock

Don't get too down on yourself about us being harsh. You will get that alot sometimes, but the thing to remeber is if you know your right, who cares what we think, its about what you know is the truth. I hope this does'nt deter you, and really do hope you enjoy the site that we all enjoy so much. The logo is deny ignorance, and frankly some of us are big skeptics, and you have to take what some of us say with a grain of salt. Either way I still think this is a hoax, but thats the beauty of this site, we can be free to say what we think. So don't worry, I don't think anybody on here hates you.

Edit:typo

[edit on 29-4-2008 by schism85]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I've been eyeing this thread for a long time, so I suppose I'll join in.
While it does seem like a hoax, this one really confuses me. If you notice, for example, the domain helixfirm.com automatically redirects to thehelixfirm.com. This would require registering and finding a truly anonymous hoster for two pages, and paying for them both. Why would someone do this? What could they glean from wasting their money and time to create a site with hidden buttons coded in and strange input fields? just so they could laugh at us for believing them? Sounds like a lot of trouble for a laugh, imo.

So far, my whois-ing has turned up one company: Domains by Proxy, Inc. in Scottsdale, AZ. The site was created and updated on 16 Nov, 2007, and hasn't been touched since. The HTML code that the page is built on is very primitive and poorly done, and the code basically allows you to put in text and then clear it but pressing the E. Other than that, there's no contact info, email address, other pages, etc. This one's confusing. I don't know what to make of it.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
It does sound like a company thing! maybe not to do with the government! The government would be less discreet!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by alexbassguy

I don't know if it helps but, they changed IP adresses recently, and I have done a traceroute on the site. It keeps coming back to Scottsdale Arizona. I am still checking this thread, so if you find anything new, post it, and I will continue my search for the truth. Because last time, I couldn't up dig anything worth while.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by schism85

OK, well, after some research, it turns out that Domains By Proxy, Inc. is an anonymous domain name registration service often used by NearlyFreeSpeech.net, a dirt-cheap (but nonetheless great) hosting service. It's also often used by people who domain-squat on the side for a bit of profit, because it's easy and cheap to do. You can register, say, 10 or 20 different domain names at the same time for practically no money at all (about $50) and if you guess well, the domains you choose will line up with future businesses who will then buy the name from you. That aside, this info could lead two different ways -
1. davestock is a domain squatter who decided to have a bit of fun while he was at it.
2. A real Helix Firm indeed does secretive, strange high-dollar work and chose to use an inconspicuous way to register their site.
Also, schism - you seem to be quite computer saavy. I have an idea that involves the utilization of digital trickery and the microsoft ftp client that could get us inside the index of the site. If you want, I can u2u you to discuss it further.
Needless to say, though, so far... I think it might be a hoax.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by alexbassguy

Option 1 never occured to me. Good work!
I sent you a u2u.

[edit on 30-4-2008 by schism85]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Hey guys, can't we have any options that don't involve me as some kind of menice to society!!
I know you're trying to do your homework, so I understand and try not to take it personally.

I've done as much poking and searching as I'm able (I'm admittedly not savvy enough to do much more though than it seems some of you can do), but I haven't found anything else.

Something to do might be a business search (as suggested by a lawyer friend!). But he said this would cost money and usually done by an attorney. I'm not sure I want to go that far. As I said before, I'm not even convinced that there's anything of real value to find here?

I poked some more at that site, but I can't make heads or tales of it. I don't want to get in any kind of trouble either. I don't know how to enter data in it, though? I don't see a way to send anything - usually there is some kind of button.

I saw there was another thread (when I googled more) discussing this too on another board. People there have suggested two other options:

1. A movie or book coming out.
2. A viral site of some sort.

Both options are a bit weird to me too. I can see the movie/book thing, but unless they're walking around with business cards and briefcases, that seems like a lot of trouble to go through for a movie... and this wasn't hollywood, but NY!

The second option scared me since I don't want to get any kind of virus. I don't see the value there either since it seems like they're going out of their way NOT to be found versus advertising?

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

There are buttons on that site. Three to be exact. One of the buttons read NWO. Anyways, glad to see you back in the mix. If you hear of anything new, we are all ears.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Davestock, I have a question for you. It may sound a bit stupid but, how exactly did you find out that Helix Firm was now on google ?

[edit on 1-5-2008 by schism85]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by davestock2. A viral site of some sort.

The second option scared me since I don't want to get any kind of virus. I don't see the value there either since it seems like they're going out of their way NOT to be found versus advertising?

I think you misunderstand the meaning of "viral"

Viral Marketing

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Schism, not a stupid question at all. When I got back and saw that you guys were actually coming up with stuff, I simply just went back to google and wanted to dig more. You guys had got me in the mood! :-) hahaha I also had told a few friends about it who told me the same thing. Made me look pretty stupid for not being able to find it in the first place but I could have sworn I didn't see it before.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

No, you probably did'nt see it before because, the trick is, you have to type Helix (space) Firm.com. Any other combination and it won't come up. Thats why I asked.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
All Iam going to say is I figured the site out.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by schism85]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Sorry to delete this post, but I do not want the creator's/collaborators of the helix firm site to see my post.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by schism85]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join