It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 in every 350 Americans is a potential terrorist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
www.politicallore.com...

The Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act redefines what a terrorist is. The Act’s definition of a terrorist is so broad that an protester, for just about anything, could be labeled a terrorist. Also do not fly in and out of the country more than a few times… they may suspect you

I still don't understand how people are so complacent with the domestic spying. 1 in 350 is insane. We were attacked by foreigners (or the government depending on where you stand) so why is it that we need to suspect over 1,000,000 citizens of potentially being a terrorist?

But hey, if you are not doing anything wrong you should have nothing to worry about... right? We should be greatful. Thank you for stripping away any privacy that we had. We all feel safer now knowing that we are being watched all the time.

Sad, sad times we live in.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by Karlhungis]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

1 in every 350 Americans is a potential terrorist

Using the defintition provided in your post. I would say that 350 in every 350 Americans is a potential terrorist.

CT

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I would say that anyone wanting to destroy the US is a potential terrorist no matter if they are American or not. Treason is in the constitution and should be dealt with accordingly. You could use the title of your thread and apply it to the whole world not just Americans.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Whoops, I forgot to add the link. It is an article about domestic spying. Raising the question of why does the government view the American people as such a big threat? They are focusing more effort on watching us and labeling us as terrorists than they are on Osama.

Why does the president not care about catching Osama, but is hell bent on catching American citizens?

I will track down that link and edit it in.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

Define "destroy the US"? Depending on who you talk to, that could be something liek selling all our military secrets to the Chinese then guiding the invasion... or it could be running as a Democrat (or Republican!) on a city council.

Where, exactly, do you place the line for "destroying America"?

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

That's a good question. Some could argue that maintaining a war against the wishes of the people that is costing the country trillions of dollars and will most likely collapse the economy, would fall under the category of "attempting to destroy the US".

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I thought Treason was described in my post. look it up. Besides that, go and grow up in any country and take the perception of that country and see all the facts. You're taking your perception of America and not the whole picture of the whole world. I try to see the whole picture but I'm flawed because I or anyone else cannot see all sides to what is going on from one country.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The answer is simple, bush wants to define EVERYONE as a terrorist, because he wants to remake the country in his own image.

new topics

top topics

join