It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil oil field could be huge find

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Brazil oil field could be huge find

news.yahoo.com

SAO PAULO, Brazil - A deep-water exploration area could contain as much as 33 billion barrels of oil, an amount that would nearly triple Brazil's reserves and make the offshore bloc the world's third-largest known oil reserve, a top energy official said Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Reviewing an old thread that I did and then seeing this story really made me wonder about the original thread. The old thread is here:
Petrobras oil findings stolen

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Who really did steal these findings? Did we ever hear the answer? Now knowing that this huge oil field is out there and in light of the recent activity happening between the US and South America, one really has to wonder what is going on.
On the peak oil topic.....all this talk of peak oil yet Brazil keeps finding more and more oil fields....Tupi....Jupiter...and now this one. This is all just a bit too coincidental for me.

[edit on 4/14/2008 by palehorse23]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
With all the oil-thirsty tyrants around in the world, I just don't know if it's all good for a "third world country" to make such an announcement...

can't say it's all bad, though..

Let's hope this do some good to the world in the long run.

Peace

EDIT to add:

And Palehorse, I did translate that article that stated the theft was not about espionage.
Here it is.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by Sator]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sator

Thanks for the link. I hadn't heard any update about that. Appreciate the heads up.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Just heard about this on CNBC today. the stock has yet to react though because "More exploration is needed."

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
They say at least 5 years before we could see any benefit from it too.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

Not a problem, I'm glad I could help.

elevatedone,

who's the "we" you're talking about?
Because I wouldn't see myself as a beneficiary from this ever. lol

Peace

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
We cant burn that oil too. We need tog et off the oil. Think about the earth and the atmosphere. Think about us spewing 70 million tons of co2 into the atmosphere each day, and the ocean absorbing 25 million tons of it each day. It's increasing the acidity of our oceans which are making it hard for the creature of the sea including coral and plankton, starfish, shellfish. If the plankton find it hard to build their shells and they start dying off, then the whole oceans pretty much destroyed.

We need to get off oil and into freee energy! or hydrogen or something clean.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Apparently the Brazil fields are the largest fields yet found:

Not to be outdone, yesterday Brazil said its Guará offshore discovery could have two billion barrels of crude and gas. When this is added to the Tupi and Lara fields recently found by the Brazilian oil giant Petrobras, the total yield could be close to 12 billion barrels. It has been years since deposits of this size have been found anywhere.

Link

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

First off there is no such thing as free energy,you still have to pay for the infrastructure,maintenance etc etc.Until someone can come up with a way to provide us with energy which is reliable and in sufficient amounts, fossil fuels are here to stay regardless of what you think of them.Imo though nuclear is the way forward and we should focus on that.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Your signature - Planescape: Torment, amirite?

On topic: Cue the invasion of Brazil for reasons of 'preventing terrorism'.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sargon of Akkad

Yip you are right
I don't think anyone will be invading brazil soon though,they will get their money and the big oil will get their...oil+money.I don't think they will need to jump through many hoops to achieve this.Might invade ireland though www.independent.ie...

top topics

join