It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the deal with Wiccians

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
There are a lot of post about many religions on this board but I would like to what do the Wiccans believe about life after death? I would also like to know if there religion has secret societies that are involved in the NWO? It seems that people who practice this religion have to be very secret about their practices. Are there any takers?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
All Wiccans are high up members of the NWO.

no really.

No, really....

Not really

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Most Wiccans believe in reincarnation of some sort or other. Some believe that between death and rebirth, the soul undergoes a kind of transformation to prepare it for its new life. That it chooses its next life with regards to obtaining a new level of understanding.

Some believe that the soul becomes a kind of 'guardian angel' looking over the family it was a member of before death. Yet others believe in the 'Summerland' a kind of pagan heaven, where souls reside between physical incarnations.

There isn't really any way to know what happens after death and most Wiccans are honest enough to say that their beliefs are just that - beliefs.

As for the One World Government - I know many Wiccans who are vehemently anti-NWO. They see the very idea to be abhorrant. Wicca is a personal religion, not one that is easily controlled by outside forces. Wicca itself has no leaders; Certain people have given themselves titles such as 'King of the Witches' etc, but they represent only their own coven(s), not the whole of Wicca.

'Wicca' and 'Witchcraft' are not interchangeable words for the same thing. Wicca is the religion, Witchcraft is the craft or art (similar to painting or singing). There are Witches who are not Wiccans, and Wiccans who never perform Witchcraft.

[Edited on 25-2-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I was looking into Wicca for a while. The people I met seem to be neo-hippies and feminists for the most part, or the sort of people who would be against the NWO.

Yes, they have to hide their practice, for the most part. This site has more info:

www.witchvox.com...

[Edited on 25-2-2004 by nathraq]

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Reason they so secretive is because they are persecuted against by the christians. In the past it was being burnt on the stake, drowned, thrown off cliffs, lynched, so forth. Today it is vandalism, harrasment(sp?) ridicule(sp?) and so forth.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTruth
There are a lot of post about many religions on this board but I would like to what do the Wiccans believe about life after death? I would also like to know if there religion has secret societies that are involved in the NWO? It seems that people who practice this religion have to be very secret about their practices. Are there any takers?

i would like to say as a wiccan myself that i have no knowledge of any "secret connections to the NWO" (spookie musical interlude)...lol...i have been involved with resaerching and at times pacticing rituals as a solitary not part of a coven, so as to groups that may or may not have ties to any such NWO efforts i can not comment. All i know is it is a religion that condones seeking harmony with nature and the powers of creation and earth energies . so read what you will into those who down play and conspire to spread misinformation because they themselves fear an honest open religion, except when coven traditions are concerned . covens seek to keeep their own rituals and obtained knowledge to themselves because of the past "burning times " and just for the simple fact that they state that it is wrong to impose thier own truths onto others , because it is about the search for what "you as an individual" believe to be truth .

BRIGHT BLESSINGS AND MERRY PART TIL WE MERRY MEET AGAIN

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Reason they so secretive is because they are persecuted against by the christians. In the past it was being burnt on the stake, drowned, thrown off cliffs, lynched, so forth. Today it is vandalism, harrasment(sp?) ridicule(sp?) and so forth.

Yeah, it sometimes goes beyond those to some very dirty practicies. In strongly christian areas coming "out of the broom closet" so to speak can cost you your job. Kind of sad our first ammendment "rights" only exist in the court room, and not out in the real world where they should matter the most.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
you can go here if you want to learn more about the orgin of wicca www.mindspring.com...
happy reading

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I have thoughts of burning Wicci at the stake. But alas I favor life over death. As GOD has instructed me to do.

BUT I see people of the Wicca faith as feable and very impressionable, lead astray by the powers that wish to decieve.

I feel only pitty that they will never know GOD (while being among the living) and the powerful works that GOD could make in their lives.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
BUT I see people of the Wicca faith as feable and very impressionable, lead astray by the powers that wish to decieve.

What like the roman catholic church?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Its such a shame when people lead a thread astray with unnecessary and rather offensive comments.

robertfenix > you are aware that its a principle of many religions, christiantiy included that "thou shalt not kill" and burning at the stake most definately is killing.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I have thoughts of burning Wicci at the stake. But alas I favor life over death. As GOD has instructed me to do.

MY GOD will not let me kill someone over their "faith".

I am afraid of the Catholic Church, many evil evil evil people are protected by that "business"

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

MY GOD will not let me kill someone over their "faith".

I am afraid of the Catholic Church, many evil evil evil people are protected by that "business"

And pray tell what sort of god is that?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Being a Shamanic Wiccan, I can attest to much of what has been said. Reincarnation is probably the biggest thing that most Wiccan believe. I am one who believes in this, and to add to what has been said, most believe that there are lessons to be learned in life. With each rebirth, there is a new chance to learn more of those lessons.

The more lessons you learn, the closer you grow to and with the deities. The ultimate goal (in most pagans eyes) is to complete all lessons to become one with the consiousness of the Gods and Goddesses. Everyone is born of the same consiousness, and ultimately will return to that after completing all lessons life teaches. This is not just a view of Wicca, but a view of many that follow pagan religions, as well as some Native American Cultures.

I follow both the Wiccan Path, and the Shamanic path handed down from Native American ancestors.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The only GOD that exists. The one, GOD, anything and eveything, the begining and the ending, the creator and the destroyer.

GOD

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   

The only GOD that exists. The one, GOD, anything and eveything, the begining and the ending, the creator and the destroyer.

GOD

Feel like I'm pulling teeth.

And is this god of yours associated to any religion or philisophical group that others would know? Is it a god that only you know about?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Is your god vengeful or merciful?????

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I hope this thread doesn't turn into another bashing session for the xtian fundamentalists......

I posted previously that I kinda geared awayed from Wicca. The were too hippie-like (just my experience). Many were into Native American Spiritualism, but to me, a European descendant, the ways of the American Natives are too foreign. Just as Christianity is a foreign religion to the native European. This is just my opinion, I'm not bashing anyone for what they believe.

I then read up on Asatru, the pagan ways of our European forefathers, before they were unmercifully converted to Christianity.

Asatru

This holds my attention more than anything. The beliefs of most pagans are for brotherhood, tolerance, honor, respect, and courage. But Asatru got a bad rap after the skinheads decided this was the religion for them.

Skinheads+Asatru is the same as Wiccans+Satan. There is no connection there. The Wiccans don't believe in the Christian God and Satan, any more than the Asutars believe that they are 'superior' to anyone else.

Irks the hell outta me.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
You guys seem to be missing the point, religion is just an attempt to assign attributes to GOD. When GOD is everything. ALL. Everything, every emotion, every action, everything you can dream up in your head plus more is what GOD is.

How can you define something that you are but a small piece of ?

Every religious doctrine is not the whole story of what GOD is. It is just a part of what GOD is.

So GOD is everything, whether is hindu or buddahist or christian or catholic or bahi or whatever. Because GOD must exist for you to have the thoughts about HOW he exists. IF GOD did not exist then you would have no thoughts of HOW or WHY GOD exists.

Even atheists try as they might to say that there is no GOD the basic fact of them "trying" to ignore GOD exists PROVES GOD exists. For if GOD did not exist then an atheist would simply say What is GOD ? Not try and explain why in their personal opinion that GOD does not exist.

You see for you to have a thought that something does not exist there must be also a thought that it does exist. For if it really did not exist then there would be no thought of what it "is" that does not exist.

Everything you can think of in your mind, CAN exist. It does not have to exist at this place it time, but if you can think of it, then so it CAN be.

Religion again is just the formalized frame work in the belief of GOD and under what conditions GOD exists.

When GOD is EVERYTHING, ALL THINGS ALL IDEAS, EVERYTHING.

BUT where some "religions" go wrong is where they attack another religion and try and find fault or prove that the other religion in the wrong one.

Wicca does this by denying the Christian GOD and the SON as the creator of the universe.

And islam does this by denying Jesus as the SON as GOD is of himself and replaces him with Muhammed, without understanding that they are one in the same. Therefore by saying Jesus is not the SON, then neither is Muhammed. Then neither is connected to GOD then therefore the direction of the Koran is not of GOD. Because their "religion" denies that of another.

I understand this might be a little complex for you, but GOD is more then ONE, GOD is everything.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Wicca does this by denying the Christian GOD and the SON as the creator of the universe.
ything.

Actually its not so much as they deny the Christian form of god as they see it differently. Some simply refer to the higher power as Spirit, or in other variations as the Godess and God. Its more of a balance thing.

Its kind of creepy, you remind me of a friend of mine, who had a way of thinking he liked to call the "Shards of God Theory" that we were all a small part of god, and as we died god slowly became whole again. While thats probably not quite what your brand of belief is, just found it interesting the parallels.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join