It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel is home of the Jews and Jesus right? But the jews do not worship jesus. Does this mean Jesus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I know that Israel is home of the Jews. And Jesus is supposed to come back to see his people again. However, thew Jews, Jesus' own people do not worship him. So does this mean, that Jesus does not exist, and the U.S. should no longer support Israel?

[edit on 13-4-2008 by jca2005]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jca2005

Although I do not believe we should support Israel (pretty sure they can take care of themselves) whether the Jews wanna believe Jesus is God or not is up to them.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jca2005
I know that Israel is home of the Jews. And Jesus is supposed to come back to see his people again. However, thew Jews, Jesus' own people do not worship him. So does this mean, that Jesus does not exist, and the U.S. should no longer support Israel?

--------------------------------------------------------
WTF?
I don't even know why I am going to bite on this apple, it makes no logical sense.

Jesus is a great prophet to the Jews. Even if he wasn't how would that have anything to do on whether he existed or not.
Even a well educated Athiest can tell you Jesus existed...whether he was who us Christian's say he was can be debated.

I won't waste more time on this.....Simply....The United States interest and support of Isreal hardly hinges on Jesus. end of story.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
US support of Isreal has more to do with Jewish-Americans than Christian Americans...So no, there is no effect.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I have spoke with plenty of jews, that have told me that they don't even believe he ever came, or that he existed. I am not a jew or christian, I am more agnostic than anything else. I acknowledge that there is a god however, just not jesus.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

what it means is that the jews will inevitably accept jesus as their messiah.

good question though, very intuitive. you are on the right path of thought.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Well the U.S. support of Israel has nothing to do with what I mean, I do apologize for putting that in there. As this is the Religious section.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Clumping ALL the jews together is as bad as clumping ALL women together.

There are some very serious differences in heritage, origins and most importantly, beliefs and practices. Even the words of Jesus himself say to beware of the jews who are not jews. And I see no talk of that now, nor do I recall ever hearing about these differences.

To add to the confusion, are the fuzzy stories reported in the news. They serve not as to clarify anything, but to muddy the water even more.

Since PC has taken over and folks who make comments like ernst zundel may find themselves locked up for expressing an opinion. [ which is not only unconstitutional but un-american to me ]

All I can say is most folks can't tell the players without a program and without a guide one can only notice certain people by their fruits.

I have nothing against the real jews who I feel are being used as a political football in the most perpetual and deadly game to ever be fought, the war between good and evil.

" So does this mean, that Jesus does not exist, and the U.S. should no longer support Israel?"

No! and no!

This mideast insanity [ which is a creation of evil, not an accident of bumbling politicians ] will happen because "we the people" of the earth, have no control over what is agreed upon behind doors in realms we have no access to.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Neither the Jews nor Jesus came from Israel. Abraham, father of the Hebrews, was from Babylon. Moses, the deliverer, was most likely an Egyptian noble. Mary and Joseph were likely only visiting Bethlehem for the Census, and returned (fled) back to Egypt after Jesus's birth.

Canaan (Israel) was territory conquered by the Jews, and later lost by them when they lost favor with their God and other, stronger powers tossed them out. The Romans (Italians) have just as much historical claim to the territory as the Egyptians, the Muslims, or the Jews, or the Phonecians, if they were still around.

But there it is. Held again by military force, not by any particular right to a homeland. If the Chinese decided they wanted it, and were able to hold it by force of arms, so it would be.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
Neither the Jews nor Jesus came from Israel. Abraham, father of the Hebrews, was from Babylon. Moses, the deliverer, was most likely an Egyptian noble. Mary and Joseph were likely only visiting Bethlehem for the Census, and returned (fled) back to Egypt after Jesus's birth.

Canaan (Israel) was territory conquered by the Jews, and later lost by them when they lost favor with their God and other, stronger powers tossed them out. The Romans (Italians) have just as much historical claim to the territory as the Egyptians, the Muslims, or the Jews, or the Phonecians, if they were still around.

But there it is. Held again by military force, not by any particular right to a homeland. If the Chinese decided they wanted it, and were able to hold it by force of arms, so it would be.

I am glad you enlightened me on this information.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jca2005

Hello, JCA. Right now we're in the 'middle' of end time prophecy leading up to the final age. In both OT and NT prophecies, Israel is first made a secular non-Christian and strictly Jewish nation. Then the Jews will accept Jesus as the Messiah. I'll expound further if you want me to but that is the gist of it. In Ezekiel, there is what is known as 'the prophecy of dry bones.' We're left no room for doubt concerning its interpretation as we are specifically told the prophecy deals with the Jews as a nation in the end times.

First they are regathered (this began in 1897), then they become a nation (this happened in 1948), then they regain Jerusalem (this happened in 1967), then they are restored spiritually (yet future). It is a very specific chain of events. Three have happened, one will happen. God will restore them spiritually just as He promised.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Yea but I bet that will be a long time from now, not 2012. If you would like to go on further please.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I cannot follow the logic.In Judaism Jesus is not considered prophet. However i am pretty sure that his existence is not argued, read interesting brochure looong ago.
But what it has to do with politics?
And Israel is homeland to Jewish people because for more then 2000 yrs in several religious ceremonies this issue is reminded/recalled. There are to this day fasts in the dates Jerusalem fell to Babylonians/Romans, every year.
I never heard that Romans or Egyptians or even Chinese???? had the same (or other) relations/claims with the land in question.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Yea but I bet that will be a long time from now, not 2012. If you would like to go on further please.

You are correct in that 2012 does not seem to necessarily be symbolic biblically. One of my favorite Christian authors placed a tentative time frame from between 2018-2037. Basically, by adding 70 years (the typical human lifespan mentioned in Psalms) to the years 1948 and 1967. It's a long winded explanation and, again, only tentative but with the rate the world is going and with an air of 'something's got to give,' it doesn't seem terribly far fetched.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Well I guess you worship Harry S Truman. He was the one who backed their claim to Statehood, not any GOD.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by blimpseeker

what it means is that the jews will inevitably accept jesus as their messiah.

good question though, very intuitive. you are on the right path of thought.

Thanks I wasn't simply trying to get into a discussion about US supporting Israel. It's just something I ponder about.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jca2005

Considering your comment, you may find this chart quite interesting;

[ page down 8 times to see the correct chart I'm referring to ]

www.asis.com...

Probably not what you expected, eh?

If you'd like another, beside what's on that site and same page, I'll post it,

but you'll have to ask.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jca2005

Jesus came to save the Jews and they denied Him and told the Romans to crucify Him. Because of their denial of their Messiah, Jesus and the word of God became available to the gentile nations. To be christian is to be a spiritual Jew or spiritual Israelite. AshleyD mentioned the valley of dry bones in Ezekiel 37 yet she fails to consider that maybe the restoration of Israel is a restoration to spiritual Israel (christians) and that the valley of dry bones represents a future resurrection (2nd), one of flesh. revelation does mention two resurrections 1000 years apart from each other.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The Jews of Israel will never convert to Christianity.
Israel was set up as a modern nation because of people who have the strange notion that it is required to have them there, along with a rebuilt Temple, in order to bring about the end of the world.
Jesus fulfilled prophecies that apparently only he understood but they involved being generally rejected and put to death within sight of the Temple. That having been done, the mission for the followers of Jesus was to go out into the world to preach the Gospel and save souls for his Kingdom. This Kingdom is among the world and are connected by the Spirit of God until the time when the world is judged and only those who are of the Kingdom will remain.
According to this view, the Jews existed mainly for Jesus to come from and to fulfill various promises from God, including the one made to Abraham. By believing in Jesus we become his brothers and by being his brothers, we become sons of God and by adoption, what can be considered the seed of Abraham. Christians are the fulfilment of God's promise to Abraham, that because of his faith, his seed would be so numerous as to be uncountable.

top topics

join