It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Steel-Structured Building Has Ever Collapsed Due To Fire

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
Unlike NIST who says oh well, it happened. Move along.

You mean like NIST keeps changing and contridicting the report before?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
Funny how your partially collapsed "steel" building looks an awful lot like brick.

To understand fire, you can get a book here. www.alibris.com...

Wow, so you think that partial collapse (really just rubble like the WTC) will not hinder using the building today. I guess WTC was a partial collapse, the stairwell had people alive in it. Partial collapse of WTC towers is confirmed at ATS. I guess that is why those people were alive a the WTC, and there were sides still standing. I see the light now.

But gee, I see some steel, I thought the building had some structural steel. But you say/imply it was all brick? How do you know that? They should have just made the building out of brick sides.

A seven-alarm fire has been brought under control in Philadelphia after reducing a four-story warehouse to rubble
rubble, that is partial collapse. Sounds like the WTC. Rubble. Now I see.

Does the fact explosions were heard this was really a CD? Was it themite too, or just RDX? This book will help those who jump up and believe 9/11 truth's false information. www.alibris.com... Or maybe not.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by beachnut
Was it themite too, or just RDX? This book will help those who jump up and believe 9/11 truth's false information.

No steel building has ever collapsed from fire no matter how severe, as already shown for free in a firefighters website.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by beachnut

I guess WTC was a partial collapse, the stairwell had people alive in it.

There's a big difference between a stairwell left standing, or a pocket of survivors being pulled out of the rubble, and your picture.

Your picture shows entire walls left standing, four stories high. The original height of the building. Show me an entire corner of the WTC 1, 2, or 7 still standing 110-stories high.

Partial collapse of WTC towers is confirmed at ATS.

Okay, show me.

In case you didn't notice, ATS does not "confirm" anything, it is a discussion forum.

But gee, I see some steel, I thought the building had some structural steel. But you say/imply it was all brick? How do you know that?

You tell me chief. It's your evidence.

rubble, that is partial collapse. Sounds like the WTC. Rubble. Now I see.

So which is is, rubble or partial collapse?

Oh, I get it, you're trying to convince us that your picture is a total collapse of a steel structure that looks like bricks, and that WTC was only a partial collapse...

Bwahahahahahah!!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I have yet to see evidence of fire destroying a steel-structured building. I and my fellow seekers of the truth have presented an amazing ammount of steel-structured buildings that have survived fire (sometimes burning for days!). Fires due to bombs, planes and in some cases fires that burned faaaar hotter than WTC 1, 2, 7.

If you say that evidence has been presented that refutes this premise, let me state for the record that the evidence presented so far does not stand up to scrutiny.

PLEASE, someone show me where I am wrong. I beg of you.

The main reason for this post is the question this brings up... If no steel structured building has EVER collapsed due to fire, what brought down three in one day, all within a mile of each other?

By the way, there was an airliner that crashed in Amsterdam i believe it was into an apartment complex, that complex (while yes it killed people and yes it set extremely similar fires) d i d... n o t... c o l l a p s e...

en.wikipedia.org...

Very similar situation... Yet no collapse.

Im tempted to list more but i dont want to kill this thread because im right. I really DO want to see evidence to the contrary. PLEASE. I beg of you, can anyone out there proove me wrong? PLEASE.

I really would like to believe the official story about 911 but this fact alone prooves that there is something going on here behind the scenes that we need to take a closer look at.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I find it interesting that after all this other information has come out since the start of this thread, we still dont have incontrovertable proof that the OP is incorrect...

It still stands as a valid piece to this convaluted puzzle...

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I think the record still stands. Demolition of the three WTC buildings removes them from consideration as fire-induced collapse.

posted by Grock
No Steel-Structured Building Has Ever Collapsed Due To Fire

No steel-structure building has ever collapsed due to fire in the entire history of mankind, then in one day 3 seperate buildings do? The odds of that are astronomical. And if you say that 'yeah, but the planes hit with such force, or such and such gallons of fuel", well, let me remind you that in 1945 The Empire State Building was hit by a B-25 bomber. Examples:

In May 1988 a fire at the Interstate Bank Building in Los Angeles destroyed four floors and damaged a fifth floor of the modern 62-story building. The fire burned for four hours. The building did not collapse. See www.iklimnet.com...

In February 1991 a fire gutted eight floors of the 38-story One Meridian Plaza building in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The fire burned for 18 hours. The building did not collapse. See www.sgh.com...

In October 2004 in Caracas, Venezuela, a fire in a 56-story office tower burned for more 17 hours and spread over 26 floors. Two floors collapsed, but the underlying floors did not, and the building remained standing. See www.cbsnews.com...

In February 2005 there was another "towering inferno" in Taiwan. The fire burned for about an hour and a half, but the building never came close to collapsing. See www.itv.com...

Also in February 2005 the 32-story Windsor Building in Madrid, Spain, caught fire and burned for two days. The building was completely engulfed in flames at one point. Several top floors collapsed onto lower ones, yet the building remained standing. See news.bbc.co.uk...

It is not well-known that WTC1 itself survived a serious fire in 1975. It started on the 11th floor and spread to six other floors, burning for three hours. For more details see The World Trade Center Fires (Not So Hot eh?). How come WTC1 survived a 3-hour fire in 1975 but completely collapsed as the (alleged) result of a fire lasting less than two hours on 9/11?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Thanks for your support my friend.

I still have fantasyz of someone coming forward and saying "this would explain how that happened"

As a 'seeker of knowledge' i have yet to encounter that experience.

why?

should i say it again?

why do we NOT have this experience upon our table (OUR table, a round table of advanced awareness in a time when everyone should be at least aware of the early stages of what exactly awareness means), throughout the history of mankind? Not once? Im frikkin serious here. NOT ONCE???

why?

that alone says alot...

i feel like like screaming that im alone here (but, thankfully, thank God im not alone here).

i dont care if you agree (to each their own) but at least take this information into account if you plan on subscribing to what you've been told (as the entire history of Man could easily show)...
You DO realize that the United States Gov dont care right?

Remember the Native Americans (of which I am one)

Remember the black slaves (id fight against that, even now, here, today, to my death)

Remember The Alamo....

[edit on 11-12-2008 by Grock]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
well how many engines have you replaced in your car...?
well those are aluminum and gasoline is hotter than diesel or jet fuel.
yet on 911 our government states 2 airlines crashing into a building somewhere in the 80th floor area cause the buildings to fall into their own foot print ... why are there still citizens who dont know the murder's of 3200 brothers and sisters is the cop on the corner who is suppose to protect us... how come the cop is still walking the beat...?

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Wow.

That hit me deep.

I hadnt looked at this for a bit ( since its still in obvious stasus. yet to be dislabeled )

Some people know and keep quiet... because they are afraid.

Some people dont know and keep quiet... because they are afraid.

the fear levels involved (once pointed out to me) were completely enlightening.

How many people around you in your daily life percieve things in this manner? Why? How?

brings up some good questions...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The World Trade Center towers were not the first of New York’s skyscrapers to be hit by an airplane. In 1945, the Empire State Building withstood the impact of a U.S. Army Air Corps B-25 bomber. Fourteen lives were lost, but the steel structure remained standing after the unarmed trainer plane slammed into the building’s 79th floor. The accident was ruled by authorities to be caused by pilot error, after Lieutenant Colonel William F. Smith Jr., a decorated veteran of World War II and experienced pilot, apparently lost his way in the dense fog that had enveloped Manhattan that Saturday morning in July. Smith was flying the twin-engine bomber from his home in Bedford, Massachusetts to Newark, New Jersey, where he had planned to pick up his commanding officer before continuing on to home base in South Dakota. Smith had been scheduled to land at La Guardia Airport, and the air traffic controller directed him to do so. Smith, however, asked for and received permission to land in Newark instead. The last words the air traffic controller spoke to Smith were ‘At the present time, I can’t see the top of the Empire State Building,’ according to the Empire State Building’s web site.

At 9:40 a.m., as workers went about their business in the Catholic War Relief Office on the 79th floor, the B-25 crashed into that office at 322 kilometers per hour. The impact reportedly tore off the bomber’s wings, leaving a five meter by six meter hole in the building. One engine was catapulted through the Empire State Building, emerging on the opposite side and crashing through the roof of a neighboring building. The second engine and part of the bomber’s landing gear fell through an elevator shaft. When the plane hit, its fuel tanks were reported to have exploded, engulfing the 79th floor in flames.

The 102-story building shook with the initial impact, according to witnesses, but within three months, the damage was repaired at a cost of about $1 million. Smith died in the crash, along with two other crew members. Eleven workers died in the Catholic War Relief Office, and at least two dozen people were injured.

www.tms.org...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
“During the last four decades, other towers in New York, Philadelphia and Los Angeles have remained standing through catastrophic blazes that burned out of control for hours because of malfunctioning or nonexistent sprinkler systems. But 7 World Trade Center, which was not struck by a plane, is the first skyscraper in modern times to collapse primarily as a result of a fire. Adding to the suspicion is the fact that in the rush to clean up the site, almost all of the steel remains of the tower were disposed of, leaving investigators in later years with little forensic evidence.”

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
1. The WTC was a unique design.

2. YES, steel buildings often collapsed from fire in the early 20th century. Fires ravaged San Francisco after the quake, and numerous buildings fell from the blaze and not the shake.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klemperer
2. YES, steel buildings often collapsed from fire in the early 20th century. Fires ravaged San Francisco after the quake, and numerous buildings fell from the blaze and not the shake.

Can you site these buildings? Thanks.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Based on the following, (from en.wikipedia.org... ) I wouldn't put much stock in a comparison with what happened to buildings in San Francisco. It would be extremely difficult to make proper assessments given the sorts of variables that come into play in that situation.

The total disregard to earthquake safety plagues the city today, as a majority of buildings standing in the city today were built in the first half of the 20th century to the lax codes. Building standards did not reach even 1906 levels until the 1950s.[21] A detailed analysis of the city today estimates that an earthquake less powerful than the 1906 quake would completely destroy many sections of the city and result in thousands of deaths.[21]

In this photo you can see steel framed buildings still standing. There is a lot of rubble around, perhaps a few steel beams but not many. Most of it appears to be bricks.

As damaging as the earthquake and its aftershocks were, the fires that burned out of control afterward were much more destructive.[9] It has been estimated that as much as 90% of the total destruction was a result from the subsequent fires.[10] Due to the nearly universal practice of insurers to indemnify San Francisco properties from fire but not earthquake damage, most damage within the city was blamed on the fires. Over 30 fires caused by ruptured gas mains destroyed approximately 25,000 buildings in 490 city blocks. Worst of all, many were set when firefighters untrained in the use of dynamite attempted to dynamite buildings to create firebreaks, which resulted in the destruction of more than half of buildings that would have otherwise survived.[11] The fire chief, who would have been responsible, had died in the initial quake. The dynamited buildings themselves often caught fire. The fires lasted for four days and nights. Some property owners set fire to their damaged buildings because most insurance policies covered fire losses while prohibiting payment if the building had only sustained earthquake damage. This effort was futile, as wealthier citizens of the city were burdened with the cost of repairing an estimated 80% of the city. Captain Leonard D. Wildman of the U.S. Army Signal Corps[12] reported that he "was stopped by a fireman who told me that people in that neighborhood were firing their houses... They were told that they would not get their insurance on buildings damaged by the earthquake unless they were damaged by fire." [11]

Under the circumstances that prevailed in the insurance industry at the time, can anyone imagine even one owner of a steel framed building (1906's version of Larry Silverstein) coming forward to say, "Well I guess I won't be able to collect on my insurance because my building was brought down by the quake, not the fire."

Never in a million years.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by ipsedixit]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by thedman

Might want to add that the steel beams where cut at the bottom of both WTC 1 & 2. Thermite lava was found still active weeks later while cleaning up ground zero. Reports by eye witness by NYFD fighters that exposive went off on several floors. Add the facts in you staement.

It was reported by MIt is not well-known that WTC1 itself survived a serious fire in 1975. It started on the 11th floor and spread to six other floors, burning for three hours. For more details see The World Trade Center Fires (Not So Hot eh?). How come WTC1 survived a 3-hour fire in 1975 but completely collapsed as the (alleged) result of a fire lasting less than two hours on 9/11? Fire department

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Just came across these threads, remember, you read it here first .) lol

44-Floor Building engulfed in flames... Stands Strong - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Fire's Raging in 37 Story Steel building in China for over 1 day Does not Collapse!!! - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not only is this old news, not only have we looked from all these angles, it still surprises me that people are out there saying: "So what are you trying to say? Just because no building has ever done that, that doesnt mean that 911 is an inside job"...

Wake up people, buildings dont just fall down, EVEN when subjected to what 'they say' they were subjected to!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join