It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Officers to be Microchipped in Big Brother Scheme

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Police Officers to be Microchipped in Big Brother Scheme

www.dailymail.co.uk

Every single Metropolitan police officer will be 'microchipped' so top brass can monitor their movements on a Big Brother style tracking scheme, it can be revealed today.

According to respected industry magazine Police Review, the plan - which affects all 31,000 serving officers in the Met, including Sir Ian Blair - is set to replace the unreliable Airwave radio system currently used to help monitor officer's movements.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

If this isn't Big Brother and Orwellian nightmares coming true, well, I don't know what is.

◘ 31,000 police to be chipped, their whereabouts known at all times, to be monitored and controlled in one central location. The whereabouts will be centralized and controlled and the location will be known to with a few feet of actual says the report.

◘ Also the plan is being 'hushed' up says one, being very secretive about it, most likely so that the media doesn't get wind of it and so that it goes through without any snags (those pesky reporters and nosy people, jeez..).

◘ Whether this goes thru or not, this is the plan that 'they' want to implement, of course to improve on the protection of the people...

◘ "Although police chiefs say the new technology is about 'improving officer safety' and reacting to incidents more quickly, many rank and file believe it is just a Big Brother style system to keep tabs on them"

What's next after police? (oh yea I'm sure it will end at the police, it will go no further.

Firemen? Improve first responders safety and decrease the response time to fires, thereby decreasing fire damage :shk:

..and after firemen?..

Teachers? Of course to protect our children, we need to know the whereabouts of teachers at all time to provide for the safety of our children. :shk:

..and after teachers?..

Doctors and Hospital Workers? Improving medical response times and ability to locate critical care providers matched to a particular medical emergency. :shk:

..and after that?

YOU.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-4-2008 by battlestargalactica]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
sorry, don't believe it.
Microchiping children would make more sense to avoid child molester abductions or what have you.
Cops would be the dumbest place to start.
even the military would be a better place to start.

So, like I said, I don't believe it.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
So, like I said, I don't believe it.

You don't 'believe' it? This isn't an article telling of space aliens fathering Britneys baby put on by the 'National Inquirer', it is from a legit UK newspaper backed by sources.

According to respected industry magazine Police Review, the plan - which affects all 31,000 serving officers in the Met, including Sir Ian Blair - is set to replace the unreliable Airwave radio system currently used to help monitor officer's movements.

The new electronic tracking device - called the Automated Personal Location System (APLS) - means that officers will never be out of range of supervising officers.

I know the internet jades some into disbelief, but this is news not fantasyland.

See here:
press.xtvworld.com...

London, UK, April 3, 2008 (XTVWorld.Com) -- telent, a leading provider of technology services, announced it has been selected to provide the Metropolitan Police with cutting-edge technology that will enhance the safety of the Service's 31,000 officers. The deployment of the technology – an Automated Personal Location System (APLS) – is one of the largest of its kind in the world. The APLS will enable operators in the Service's operations centres to identify the location of each police officer.

[edit on 10-4-2008 by battlestargalactica]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'm glad they're starting with the police. Maybe some of them will realize it's finally time to turn in their shield.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
If they truly are concerned about Officer's safety why use such an invasive technology?I'm sure the makers of the chip could have it placed on the badges.
After all,the police are people after work hours and don't need to be tracked 24/7.
Being the cynical guy that I am,I see this as a possible tool for the police to use on children."See kids,I wear one ALL the time.I'm now safe from harm."
Typing that almost made me throw up but I can see it happening.
Society is being dumbed down so obviously (to me) that isn't funny.
I can't find one valid reason why a human should be chipped.
The technology can be used in other applications that are not permanent to the wearer.
The day someone comes to chip me is the day I go postal.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
WOW!

Mark of the beast!!

The hour is near!

Losing's not an option...

BTW...
Skin is next...
No doubt about it...
Then YOU will all be like...

SIM card?

You mean SKIN card!!!

LOL...

I'm bringin hacky one liners back to ease the tension!

[edit on 4/10/2008 by theBLESSINGofVISION]

[edit on 4/10/2008 by theBLESSINGofVISION]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Alright, someone has said it already, I was under the assumption that these would be placed under the skin of these cops.
If it is on the badge, so what.
Don't our cellphones have some sort of tracking capabilities?
We know our cars can if you buy the service.

Its all good until they try the under the skin thing...if they try that I'm going all fundamental Christian on their asses!

Seriously, I'm all for high-tech, but any type of implant is just not going to fly with me.

CX

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Sorry but theres already a thread on this...

Met police officers to be "microchipped"

CX

top topics

join