It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Met Police Officers to be 'Microchipped'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Met Police Officers to be 'Microchipped'

www.blacklistednews.com

Every single Metropolitan police officer will be 'microchipped' so top brass can monitor their movements on a Big Brother style tracking scheme, it can be revealed today.
According to respected industry magazine Police Review, the plan - which affects all 31,000 serving officers in the Met, including Sir Ian Blair - is set to replace the unreliable Airwave radio system currently used to help monitor officer's movements.

The new electronic tracking device - called the Automated Personal Location System (APLS) - means that officers will never be out of range of supervising officers.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Is this the catalyst to get the ball rolling for everyone? If I were these officers, I would go on strike or find a different career ASAP...Being chipped and tracked like animals from their big brother masters...Unreal.

According to service providers Telent, the new technology 'will enable operators in the Service's operations centres to identify the location of each police officer' at any time they are on duty - whether overground or underground.

Although police chiefs say the new technology is about 'improving officer safety' and reacting to incidents more quickly, many rank and file believe it is just a Big Brother style system to keep tabs on them and make sure they don't 'doze off on duty'.

Some officers are concerned that the system - which will be able to pinpoint any of the 31,000 officers in the Met to within a few feet of their location - will put a complete end to community policing and leave officers purely at the beck and call of control room staff rather than reacting to members of the public on the ground.

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Yeah, you know it all seems well and good until a scenario like the following occurs:

The police operators are busy watching the screens and the little tracking dots moving around on them, directing and spreading the officers around to try and cover all areas.

The criminal minds are also watching hacked screens to find vulnerable un policed areas.

Serious crime and hate crimes against vulnerable police officers rise because the police have got rid of the element of surprise and the criminal aspect can find the perfect window of opportunity.

Bad idea all around in my opinion.

Good luck to the unsuspecting officers.

Regards S_G

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
*thinks to self;

"Thank [snip] i didn't join the Met"*

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10-4-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I feel really bad for anyone who gets chipped.Even the cops.

CX

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Whilst this initialy looks alarming, and please correct me if i'm wrong here, am i right in saying that the microchips are not going to be actualy "implanted" into every Met officer, but as part of a device worn by the officer?

The word "microchip" always has conspiracy theorists up in arms, but i'm sure most of them are thinking about surgical implants.

It's a very difficult issue. I can think of plenty of times when i've been on duty as a police officer, or operations as a soldier when i would have loved it if my bosses had known exactly where i was......it would have saved me from some very hairy situations when coms were down or malfunctioning.

CX.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This is a really bad move for any police officer.

It will mean they can no longer stop off in a pub and have a few drinks while on duty and claim they were visitng the pub whilst 'on their rounds' or were 'collecting information'.

It will also stop them being able to have all those extra marital affairs and will allow the Met to monitor after work activities of officers too.

It will bring about the end of high speed, sirens blaring, lights flashing emergency 'calls' to home for a late dinner that's going cold on the table.

It will also mean that anyone with criminal intent can get a lot more info on officers than ever before. Maybe even copy the chips data and place them in lots of different locations and flood the Mets scanners with 'disinfo'.

Imagine suddenly seeing your entire police force triple in size over night.

This seems to be more about the promotion of the chip and control over officers. efficiency saves money and we all know that most police forces are now driven by profit.

Daft I call it.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Let me get this right.

We have more camera's per square mile than anywhere in the world.
We have a society in which more cultures and religion's all live within a 400-500 square mile radius than anywhere in the world.
We have lamp posts that can talk and watch you.
Now we have police that can be tracked anywhere any time.

Now who said the UK wasn't a testing ground........?

Once the police accept this the military will be next then it will be YOU and ME then our children.

and our pubs smell disgusting rather intake second hand smoke the farts and BO and cheap deodrant.

OK OK I'll take the red pill !! get me out of here....

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Thanks for sharing that story with all of us, here. Microchips & other wireless devices that have been implanted near or in peoples' skin have caused cancer & skin diseases. It's very important to stay away from devices like that. Look up EMF's (Electro-Magnetic Frequencies) at GoogleVideo.com & www.EMFNews.org

www.wethepeoplewillnotbechipped.com

This is just the beginning of total slavery and bad health:
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5439055

Cancer Causing Microchips:
antichips.com/press-releas...

Microchips are now FDA Approved!!!
msnbc.msn.com/id/6237364

Revelations 14: 9-11
And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead or in his hand,
the same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out unmixed into the cup of His indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
And the smoke of their torment will ascend up for ever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receives the mark of his name."

New Hampshire RFID Study approves of micro-chipping children and corpses:
www.freedomradio.us/Joomla...

Police State Technology: Implanting a GPS-microchip in the body of a human being, using a high powered sniper rifle:
http:/globalresearch.ca/index.ph...

Alex Jones Exposes Microchips:
www.infowars.com/microchips.html

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Police oversight!

Heh heh, let's see how they like it!

It's a device to be worn, not implanted.

At the end of their shift they're free to return to anonymity.

If they accept this, the next application will be most likely workers in other fields.

"Johnson, you spent 15.7 seconds too long on your bathroom break, and took an unauthorized route to return to your workstation right past the receptionist's desk; you are hereby sacked! Security, show him the door!"

How is this any more invasive than passing a drug screening to be hired in the first place?

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Man o man o man o man o man ... this is VERY bad!

'They' will be watching where they are on the job. Then ...
'They' will be watching where they are off the job. Then ...
'They' will spread this to other people. Then ...
etc etc etc

Welcome NWO.

Very bad. Very bad.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
As far as I'm concerned, this should be a defining moment for law-enforcement personnel. From here on out, there is no doubt which side the police are on. Those who choose to accept are agents of the Matrix, while those who do not will have seen that this has all gone too far now and will turn in their shields.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
What gets me is people not realizing and not caring what all this really is. It's happening right before their eyes and all they can do is say, "so".

This is extremely important stuff. It is truly going to get to the point where you will not be able to buy anything anywhere at all without showing your mark of some kind.

It's not going to happen all at once. Oh no there to clever for that. It's going to happen just like it is. Slowly, you want your job you will do it. You want to eat? You will do it!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I just want to know how powerful these transmitters are. It's one thing to talk about a very low frequency RFID which can only be read while in close proximity to a scanner, but for these devices to be continuously tracked within the space of a large city wouldnt they be required to have a signal strength more in line with that of a cell phone?

What health repercussions might there be? I'm pretty sure I would be a bit apprehensive knowing that I have a powerful transmiter INSIDE my body...no way in hell I'm ever going down that road.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
As far as I'm concerned, this should be a defining moment for law-enforcement personnel. From here on out, there is no doubt which side the police are on. Those who choose to accept are agents of the Matrix, while those who do not will have seen that this has all gone too far now and will turn in their shields.

Here's a quote from... well, I'm sure you know what movie this is.

The Matrix is a system, Neo, and that system is our enemy. When you are inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters, the very minds we are trying to save. Until we do, these people are part of that system and that makes them our enemies. You have to understand that most of these people are not ready to be unplugged and many are so hopelessly dependent on the system, they will fight to protect it.

This is a quote I can't help but think of when I talk to people who accuse me of being a communist, anti-american, or just react emotionally or with outright hostility for trying to help them wake up.

But the good news is that these people are starting to listen now. There are simply too many things going on at the same time to believe its all coincidence.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

You're perfectly right. Met Officers will wear a device containing a chip so that they can be readily located.

I don't entirely approve of it but it's not quite what the CTers want you to believe. And it's only the Met - not other police forces.

And besides, some criminals are already 'chipped' in the same way when they are released early and 'tagged'.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
As an officer I really dont see a problem with this, it is nice for dispatch to be able to direct backup to exactly where you are at. We only have GPS trackers in our cars not on us, so in the case of a foot chase, it takes awhile for backup to find you sometime.

Lt.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Chalk this up as somewhat off topic but related....

After Googling variations of the headline to find any further info that would indicate future plans for implanting I noticed something I found odd. A standard google search returned numerous hits from forums and blogs, yet several variations of the term in a google "news" search returned absolutely nothing.

Hell, I've done google searches on topics recently and found links to my own ATS posts within 20 minutes of having posting it. How is it that Google News searches have nothing to offer on this topic?

Sorry, not getting all CT over this, it just brought out the curiosity....If you have an opinion drop me a U2U so as not to take the thread any more off topic.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by xSMOKING_GUNx

If criminals could hack this system, that means that the Airwave communications system in place used by Police Forces in the UK is compromised, because this service is carried over the very same comms network, which I do not believe has been done.

The officers are never chipped, tagged, or whatever. This whole system is already in place with the Airwave radios the Police have, it just hasn't been turned on and activated.

reply to post by Extralien

Again, you have completely the wrong end of the stick. Like others in this thread, your all jumping in with your opinions without actually knowing anything about which your talking.

reply to post by SystemiK

As stated above, this service is provided already over the Airwave comms network the Police have had since the early 2000's.

There are some health concerns over the Airwave service, in that some suspect that the radios, worn close to the neck, have been the cause of a small number of throat cancers in a few officers, but nothing has been proven.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
One thing I do know about these radios the police use, and this is from personal experience and going back to the 1970's.. Is that if you are using one, the station knows whose radio is being operated. Whether or not they can pinpoint a radios location back then I've no idea..but they sure as heck knew I was messing around with one..

Was quite a surprise to get a phone call to tell me to 'pack it in'...

top topics

join