It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Carter to Meet Hamas

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The Israelis don't seem to agree with the idea that they are in a "Cold War" with the Egyptians. A "Cold War" with Iran and Syria - now that's another story.

Egypt and Israel have been at peace since Camp David - ask the Israelis themselves. Carter succeeded, despite the odds and despite expectations at the time.

Hamas is an offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood - Egypt's #1 domestic enemy. Egypt has arrested Hamas members attempting to operate on it's territory. Israel's only complaint with Egypt is they haven't been entirely successful blocking arms going through Egypt, not that they are allowing it.

Most of Hamas' small arms came from the US anyway BTW, we equipped the Palestinian Authority, Hamas then took it from them.

Coming from someone who defends the policies of George W. Bush, possibly the most unpopular President the US has ever had, I'll take your comment about defending Carter as a compliment

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Seems a lot of people on this htread are experts on being bitter and irrelevant.

By the way.. .Shouldn't the headline read "Jimmy Carter to Meet Palestinian Government?"

When Merkel or Howard or whoever comes to the United States, they don't meet "with Republicans" but rather, with "U.S. Officials" right?

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Because he's a private citizen and has that right.

Not exactly. When it comes to Hamas things are different.

I'm almost positive that congress passed a law making it ILLEGAL for any American (outside of the official US Administration) to talk with or do business with them.

Originally posted by bodrul
as some US fantics have shown they prefer fists first and no diologue.

Actually that's the HAMAS way of doing things - which is why there isn't anything to discuss with them.

Satire on what is probably being said in his 'talks' -

Carter - "I hate the Jews"

HAMAS - "US TOO!"

Carter - "no .. I really hate them ... so much so that I lied about them in my book"

HAMAS - "We hate them more! From birth We teach our children that they are all 'apes and pigs' and that our children should kill themselves while murdering as many Jews as possible.

Carter - 'oh yeah? well ... I am a marxist now and I enjoy running around the world badmouthing America - and America is the only friends Israel has. HA .. Beat that!"

HAMAS - "Well .. we blow up Americans and we danced in the streets on 9/11. We plan to wipe out all the Jews in Israel and then we will go after America."

Carter - 'okay ... you win ... Can I be Vice President for the Hamas leader?"

HAMAS - 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend .. for now'. We will consider your request.

Carter - 'Okay ... talks are over. Bye now. I have to get back to America and start writing my next work of fiction.'

That's the only kind of discussion that Carter and Hamas will be having.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You haven't read Jimmy Carter's book, have you?
Man, I can't imagine the excruciating cerebral pain that must come from other people forming your thoughts for you.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Seems a lot of people on this htread are experts on being bitter and irrelevant.

Nah, no one is bitter, they just remember what it's like living thru the Carter years.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

reply to post by jerico65

By the way.. .Shouldn't the headline read "Jimmy Carter to Meet Palestinian Government?" When Merkel or Howard or whoever comes to the United States, they don't meet "with Republicans" but rather, with "U.S. Officials" right?

I took the source headline as my thread headline, which I think is what the 'breaking news' rules or whatever are, basically that you shouldn't reword the headline. A reorder (which I did somewhat) seems to be ok so long as the intent is not changed.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Nah, no one is bitter, they just remember what it's like living thru the Carter years.

Yeah and for the rest of the world it was a lovely respite between Viet Nam and the South/Central American wars.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Hey maybe this is the false flag for starting a war with Iran??

Kill Carter, blame Iran. Think how many people who currently are against a war with Iran might changed their mind......

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Yeah and for the rest of the world it was a lovely respite between Viet Nam and the South/Central American wars.

Yep, nothing happened while Carter was in office. Oh, wait, we had our embassy in Iran overrun! Damn, how could I forget that. Musta slipped my mind when I was thinking of how the world was a paradise while he was in office.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

You haven't read Jimmy Carter's book, have you?

I've read enough of it.

Man, I can't imagine the excruciating cerebral pain that must come from other people forming your thoughts for you.

Man, I can't imagine the excruciating cerebral pain that must come from other people forming your thoughts for YOU. But don't worry. A lot of people on the far left are like that. Too much kool-aide.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by US Monitor
Think how many people who currently are against a war with Iran might changed their mind......

Not me. If Carter is so far left ... and so narcassistic ... and so willing to not follow the law that Congress passed about staying away from Hamas ... then I don't care if he gets himself whacked or not. I definately WOULD NOT go to war over the Jimmy Carter walking into a mine field of his own making. (even though I did vote for the guy)

[edit on 4/10/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Carter almost put this country in the poor house.As president his forgien affairs and diplomacy cost us billions(if you make nice we will give you x dollars)He has no right to be acting as any kind of gov representative.And should be arreste for fraternizing with the enemy.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Yep, nothing happened while Carter was in office. Oh, wait, we had our embassy in Iran overrun! Damn, how could I forget that.

What's your point?

At least wile he was President nobody managed to kill 3,000 people in downtown Manhattan

Man you partisan Republican types use some strange logic... at least we only have a few months left under the rule of the crazies

Carter was by no means the perfect President, but he was nowhere near as incompetent as what we're stuck with now.

[edit on 4/10/08 by xmotex]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
At least wile he was President nobody managed to kill 3,000 people in downtown Manhattan

Man you partisan Republican types use some strange logic... at least we only have a few months left under the rule of the crazies

Carter was by no means the perfect President, but he was nowhere near as incompetent as what we're stuck with now.

Well, maybe if Carter had some nads, we wouldn't be involved in the Middle East at this time? Nah, it's easier to just let a bunch of radicals overrun our embassy. And then hamstring any rescue attempt (The first thing he asked when presented the plan was, "Will anyone get hurt?") to get the hostages back.

Maybe if he actually had be a bit more forceful, we wouldn't be facing any military action in Iran. I'll bet more than 3000 will die there.

He was better off just sticking with building houses.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Godspeed to anyone who can successfully negotiate with Hamas. Carter has no bargaining chips, but if he can reach them and maybe improve the situation even incrementally, then more power to him. Everybody else is stymied.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Why is it Americans seems to prefer criminals as icons and role models, let alone as leaders?

Jimmy Carter was one of the greatest US presidents of all times, a true humanitarian. Unfortunately he was backstabbed by CIA director GHW Bush and his criminal gang of neocons.

The Hostage crises of 1980 was a product of a conspiracy set up by bankers on a initiative of Rockefeller, provoced by letting the former shah enter US for medical treatment ..against the will of US president Jimmy Carter.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
For the past 30-40 years any person that even had the slightest chance at attaining the presidency, by its own nature, was as crooked as a rubber knife stabbed into a pork roll (ie: pretty crooked
)

If attaining the presidency or any high office, that person has sold his or her soul to the PTB many times, and now assuming power, has the job of returning those favors. Under our current system (and getting worse) no president is a boy scout, even if appearing that way.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by khunmoon

You cannot be either an American citizen, or have been old enough to understand anything during Karter's presidency and still say what you did. Not remotely possible. So, if I'm right about that (and I'm sure I am), why are you even bothering to waste electrons on this thread?

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I can't remember which one, but on the Simpsons, the town of Springfield wanted to put up a statue of Jed Springfield, but couldn't afford one, so they got one of Jimmy Carter.

Someone screams, "Jimmy Carter? The 20th Century's greatest monster?"

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
The man has more guts and morals than anyone else in and around the White House or government right now.

What's better, talk to those with a genuine grievance or continue supplying Israel with the means to eradicate them so their land can be stolen?
From some of the amswers on here I get the impression bombing people trumps peace in a rather sick and twisted game of who's got the biggest stick.

The US State Department doesn't like such things as it shows them in a bad light given their unwillingness to engage in talks to try and bring about peaceful resolutions. They are, after all, part of the problem, being owned by the military industrial paymasters.

You're absolutely right. The thing is, we NEED to talk, or WW3 is right around the corner. And if you don't mind I'd rather chase girls than shoot someone dead.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join