It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plot to kidnap Olympic athletes.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Plot to kidnap Olympic athletes.

news.sky.com

Chinese authorities say they have uncovered a criminal ring planning to kidnap athletes at the Beijing Olympic Games.

Wu Heping, spokesman for the ministry of public security, said the ring was based in the restive western Xinjiang region of China.

He said the ring was one of two broken up by Chinese authorities.

Mr Wu said 35 people were arrested between March 26 and April 6 for plotting to kidnap athletes, foreign journalists and other visitors to the August Games.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10/4/08 by CX]

[edit on 10/4/08 by CX]

CX

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
This is breaking news at the moment, so more details to come when they are released.

If this is true, then despite everything, thumbs up to the Chinese for catching this gang. The games are going to be clouded in enough chaos without a repeat of the 1972 Munich disaster.

I'm suprised actualy that what with all the bad press about China at the moment, they did'nt try to keep this story under wraps.

With everything else thats going on surrounding the games, it would be more hassle than it's worth if the althletes were also going under the threat of kidnap too.

CX.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10/4/08 by CX]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I just read the the article on yahoo.com . This some pretty serious stuff.

As it states on the website:

China says it has cracked two East Turkestan "terrorist" groups that were aiming to target the Olympics, including plans to kidnap athletes.

Authorities detained 45 suspects and seized explosives and firearms, a spokesman for the Ministry of Public Security said.

I will try and get the other link for you.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
This is interesting news,

But, like the many plots that are uncovered in Europe and America, the evidence is lacking and the story is very limited. Makes you question, does it even exists or are the Chinese trying to prevent support to East Turkestan independence movement?

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
[sarcasm]

yup - i believe this 101% - there is no way that the chinese fabricated this story to create some good press to deflect attention from the debarcle of the olymic flame processions , and bolster faith in thier security planning

[/sacasm]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
It’s just been on the news over here, that the Chinese have arrested 45 Islamic Extremists, who had explosives, planned to use them at the games, kidnap athletes, kidnap tourists and poison food and water.

Mikey.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
At first I thought this was a plot by the Chinese government, or that they just made it up. But when you think about it, they have no reason to make it up; it would do more damage and probably stop more people and athletes going to the games. They have nothing to gain by making this up.

Mikey

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mikey84 They have nothing to gain by making this up.

Mikey

Sure they do.

IF (and thats a big if) this is made up by the gov, they are just saying:

"Look, don't worry, we can deal with islamic terrorist too... you can all trust us on this."

But I'm not claiming this is what's going on, it's just a thought.

I'd have to look a little deeper to make my mind about this.

Peace

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Yea but the fact that they have uncovered a plot to kidnap athletes, tourists, blow up venues and poison the food. That will stop a lot of people going, NO ONE would want to be kidnapped, especially by Islamic Extremists – we all know what happens to people they kidnap, Off with their head!

If I had a ticket to Beijing, I’d have second thoughts about going.

Mikey

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I think it's entirely possible that this story is B.S. The The whole "My enemy's enemy is my friend" thing...

I would believe the story more if it came out during or after the games. China is working so hard to put the clamps down on all problems and bad press, there is no way this story would have gotten out unless it benefitted them.

What better way to garner sympathy from the Decider than to be able say "See, the evil islamic radicals are a problem for us too!" Now the Decider will get up and, with a straight face, will say that if we don't participate in the games it will be a victory for Islamic Radicals. But really it's all about the money - We're whoring ourselves out to China for cheap consumer goods and the trillions in National Debt that they hold.

The irony is hysterically sad. We'll get in bed with torturers to take a stand against terrorists. But really we just want to be comfortable the suburbs, politics be damned. The U.S. is seriously f/ed up.

[edit on 10/4/08 by kosmicjack]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Aren't the Olympics like 5 months away? At least 4 months right?

Why is the Torch even traveling to Europe and then the US right now?

Start hyping the 2008 US election in 2006, I guess they start with the Olympics hype early to cover their armed assault on Tibetan Monks. I would think that they would have to know that their totalitarian ways would cause outrage when their torch would travel to free countries. Either way, the timing of 'Islamic Extremists' 4-5 months away seems strange. Seems dangerous to collect all the explosives so early, and have everything ready to go so early. Too much chance to get caught and/or injure/kill yourself and comrades.

To me, the Tibet actions stunk. The 'cleansing' of China for the Olympics stunk. The paramilitary torch Chinese secret service stunk. This news stinks, and I think that we will continue to see 'news' about China for the next few months, much of it leaning more towards the puff piece, infomercial type. Unfortunately for China, they can't control our minds, unless we let them.

DocMoreau

Edit to add... I think that the attempted/successful(?) weather modification for the Games stinks, not only because I think weather mod is one of the stupidest things mankind could possible attempt to do, right there with Genetic Modification of our flora and fauna, but most of the smell enters the jet stream, and coalesces over the United States due to their tacit denials of their own extensive weather mod/radar blocking/chem-trail operations. At least the Chinese are honest about playing 'God', they are are just as stupid to do it, especially for something like the Olympics, but at least honest.

I hope that this Olympics doesn't spark anything terrible because of the stupid, stinking acts of lunacy before hand...

[edit on 10/4/2008 by DocMoreau]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Well, too be fair it isn't just for the games that they weather mod. My best friends father is a pilot, and we recently had a discussion concerning china. The topic the the air quality there came up, and he pointed out that they were one of the few countries on the planet that still actively practiced weather modification to aid in crops and stuff.

Apparently they seed clouds with aluminum silicate or something like that to induce rainfall and such. Interesting, and really rather scary, stuff.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I dont understand even the protest concerning the olympic games, there have been bombers and all kinds of stuff, what is the fuss all about because I am seriously confused.

new topics

top topics

join