It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Generation X to teens now, what are you thinking??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

WOW holy cow you have got to be KIDDING me???

This is EXACTLY what I am talking about here in this post

What are these parents thinking??? And what on earth is this teaching their daughter and think of the child they are raising! That child is doomed if that young mother doesn't grow up and grow the eggs it will take to rise up on her own and be a responsible adult and cut off all this free public welfare and parental welfare...

That is truly disgusting and thanks for sharing that with me, I must ask...and I am sure you didn't, but, did you say anything to them at all or just let it drop? I would have had a hard time keeping at least a stray opinion from flying out of my mouth LOL.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Thanks for the post kosmicjack!

I was hoping someone would chime in here who is in charge of hiring at their company so I could see if it was just in a recreational setting such as a neighborhood pub that they act and dress this way or if they actually showed up to job interviews with exactly the same "tude and clothing.

It is very sad and as I said in a previous post, I hear them talk, especially after a few Jagerbombs and beers, and yes most of them are emotional wrecks, and some of them call me mom and come and ask my advice on things and I wondered, where are the parents here?

Gone are the times I guess from my generation when my mom and dad told me if I EVER got pregnant, kiss their help goodbye, I was on my own and booted from the house....they said this in all parental concern and sternness, and who knows they might have been serious...

But I was too afraid to find out if they were just saying it or if they meant it, and me and my friends knew it would ruin our lives or at the very least hinder them greatly if we had kids at a young age.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I'm so worried about my generation, the world is going to be fudged up if my generation don't get our acts together soon. We have the potential to be the greatest generation yet were too occupied with materialism and our ego to care much about anything else.

I'm especially worry about the younger people of my generation. Freaking kids as early as 11 already using drugs, having sex, getting drunk. Its horrible, it gets worse and worse as they get younger.

College Students aren't in any better shape themselves, we can't stand on their own two feet, we need to resort to either cheating or grade curves to get by in school. Its probably because most of us are to drunk and ****faced half the time to do anything about it. And the other half of the time...like I said too occupied with our own personal interests than anyone else. We fail at being the role model and the reinforcement the younger people of our generation needs........

Don't get me wrong, not all kids are like this, but most are. I mean I know a lot of people who are struggling, they want to break free of their lives, most feel like their bound for something greater.....its just hard....

I think my generation is generation Y...

[edit on 13-4-2008 by skyblueff0]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by skyblueff0

Hiyah Skyblueff....

Thanks for sharing and posting on this topic
How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

You sound fairly grounded...why do you think you didn't go down the same path the one's around you did?

It is terrible, I feel sorry for your generation for sure....I know it's WAY harder for you all then it was for us...and OUR parents, who grew up in the 50's were horrified at what we were doing in the 80's, but it's nothing compared to what all is going on now.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
For the record, I am 27 and I have 2 children, I had my 2nd one when I was 21. If you think that I will EVER say that having my children was a mistake...you are sadly wrong.

As for your first question, my parents have never footed the bill for anything. I had my first child at 19 and soon after got a job working as a phone bill collector for the major phone company in the area (which is equivalent to the help desk drone as you refered to) and I did not find it a crappy job. It paid my bills, put food on my table and clothed my baby girl, and that is all I had ever asked for in life. My mom babysat for me yes but she was paid well for it.

For the birth control aspect of that question, I was expecting to marry my daughters father, and we decided together to have her. However he left me. My second child, I was on birth control when I concieved him and it failed. Now that I have had experience with birth control in forms of the shot or pill, I would never reccomend it for anyone. It is unnatural and it affects most women in a negative manner both physically and emotionally.

Question #2: I personally did not drop out of highschool and my mom could not afford to send me to collage and refused to give her income info for me to get a student loan, so I could not go to college. I never expected or neccesarily wanted to make $80K a year. Right now I make $10 an hour at Wal-mart and my fiance makes $13 an hour being a help desk drone and it works just fine for us. How do I have a life? It's called balance. I work hard, raise my kids well and every once awhile I have some fun either when the kids are at their fathers or I get my friends teenage son to babysit just the same way that many married parents do.

Sometimes life deals you a woozy of a hand, you gotta make the best of it right? I had kids young, so what. I don't think there are many young mothers who intentionally get pregnant, but when they do they gotta deal with it just the same way anyone else deals with problems.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
wow snowflakes...lol...sorry its just really weird to call someone by that....that is a very powerful personal story, I personally agree with you, you just gotta make the best with what life gave you, and must find balance to find happiness, or at least contentment.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey LateApexer, No problem, and here's my responses to your question:

1) I'm currently 19, turning 20 later this years...

2) I would say I'm a pretty fairly ground bloke, but that isn't to say I don't have my own personal issue to deal with, nothing psychological, just the daily problem in life. Nothing I can't handle.

To be honest, I'm really not sure why I didn't go down the same path as my other people of my generation, but if I have to guess, its because my complex upbringing I had, the rich environment I grew up in, and the moral and spiritual reinforcement I built for myself early high school. I'll go more in depth later if your still interested, but for now I'll save you trouble. lol I'm a complex kid....and there's a reason why I'm not sure why i went down the same path...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join