It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convert your Car to run on Water

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
At Last, there's something great to kill the Oil & Gas Merchants

Yes, it's true and it's exciting, because anything that can reduce or scrap the gas bills is News from Heaven. Convert your Car to run on WATER, can you believe this, this technology has been with us for 90 years but not feasible because gas prices were too low, but the time has come for this technology to be implemented. All that is required is a Conversion Kit and there are plenty of sites promoting this technology......Water Powered Cars !!!!

Did you know that you can convert your car to a water-burning car? You can run your car on water, supplemental to gasoline, to increase your car's fuel efficiency and reduce your fuel costs significantly.

Works on gas or diesel powered cars, vans, trucks, and SUVs.

Your car will become at least 40% more fuel efficient and produce cleaner emissions.

Works with plain tap water. No need for distilled water or special water additives!

Can Water Really Power a Car?

The answer is YES, ABSOLUTELY! We have made the technology to build a water-burning hybrid easy and affordable.

Water can be used to fuel a car when used as a supplement to gasoline. In fact, very little water is needed! only one quart of water provides over 1800 gallons of HHO gas which can literally last for months and significantly increase your vehicle's fuel efficiently, improve emissions quality, and save you money

offto.net...

drivewater.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
They say at the end of this that the inventors are in contact with the government
Another groundbreaking technology taken under the wing of the government so that it will never be mass-implemented.

This is a cool product but it doesn't seem to have established itself. It looks very much like a company just getting on it's feet, they slashed the price by 300 dollars.

It'd be nice to hear from someone who has bought the device.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
wow I think I might buy one of those kits.

Does anybody know if this actully works???

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
They say at the end of this that the inventors are in contact with the government
Another groundbreaking technology taken under the wing of the government so that it will never be mass-implemented.

This is a cool product but it doesn't seem to have established itself. It looks very much like a company just getting on it's feet, they slashed the price by 300 dollars.

It'd be nice to hear from someone who has bought the device.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by NewWorldOver]

You are correct in your assessment about this product being fairly new and people are just taking it on yet, but the reality is that there are many other suppliers of these Conversion Kits, because this technology is not new, and as you will agree, competition is great for Prices . There are the most basic simple kits to the more sophisticated ones on the market, but it is wise to purchase the ones that have been tried and tested.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
wow I think I might buy one of those kits.

Does anybody know if this actully works???

I would suggest that you go onto this site which has plenty of articles on this subject, very useful and informative.

ezinearticles.com...,-Save-Gas!&id=350390

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The Time Has Come For This Technology, Water Is The Fuel of The Future!

"Hydrogen-On-Demand" - you produce Hydrogen when you need it. No storage tanks, perfectly safe. Hard to believe? Start with this first easy step.

VERY LITTLE WATER is needed...
1 quart/1 Litre of water (see photo) may last for MONTHS of driving (900 miles in my experience). How come? That's because this small device forces each Gallon of water to expand into gigantic proportions: 1833 Gallons of combustible gas!!!

water4gas.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I'm going to have to call BS on this. The amount of energy it takes to make the hydrogen from the water defeats the purpose of the device.

I work for Caterpillar at the Global Engine Development Technical Center and we are working on several different platforms and NONE of them run off of hydrogen that is generated onboard.

A great concept....I believe that this was debunked on Mythbusters as well.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaferwerks
I'm going to have to call BS on this. The amount of energy it takes to make the hydrogen from the water defeats the purpose of the device.

I work for Caterpillar at the Global Engine Development Technical Center and we are working on several different platforms and NONE of them run off of hydrogen that is generated onboard.

Caterpillar will never have a problem with Gas bills nor will they ever think of converting to alternative fuel to offend their corporate partners. The urgency to find an alternative fuel (gas) is from ordinary folks that really feel the pinch for the high prices of gas, therefore it is them, that will come up with all kinds of innovative ideas to alternative fuel. This concept of water for gas is nothing new and it is being used with success.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by Dubyakadubla]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaferwerks
A great concept....I believe that this was debunked on Mythbusters as well.

Mythbusters is your end-all be-all source of debunking
I hope you're not serious, maybe a joke haha good one.

Anyway, this is HHO (really its H2 O2, but referred by some as HHO) technology, so not technically hydrogen, but a gas called Browns Gas.

This gas has been shown to have some unique properties, and to dismiss it without much research is thumbs down in my book. The HHO torch for instance is one of the HOTTEST burning torches around, does not POLLUTE the environment (its emission is water vapor) and other great properties.

As far as a fuel supplement, some have claimed increases in fuel economy, simply by adding an electrolyser (that makes the HHO) and modding the intake and injection. Same car, same gas, just increased mileage.

I have experimented with HHO and electrolysis using many differnt designs to increase efficiency. No it does not violate the 3rd law of thermodynamics, but some other electrical phenomenon maybe happening concerning fuel efficiency that we have not yet explained yet.

People should investigate things before making conclusions.

BTW: NO NEED TO SPEND CASH ON COMMERCIAL HHO DESIGNS. You can build one yourself either with plans available freely, or from others that are doing the same thing, simple to build, cheap parts. Safety is a concern, but easily mitigated with a bubbler or a series of bubblers. Besides I think the commercial ones are quite WEAK in terms of both efficiency and gas production.

You can build a better one and learn from the experience.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by battlestargalactica]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by battlestargalactica

You can build one yourself either with plans available freely, or from others that are doing the same thing, simple to build, cheap parts.

Can you please post any links you may know of to the free plans?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by craig732

I will have to upload some of my PDF files, in the meantime, you can check out lots of youtube videos with much info on the topic. Search on youtube for HHO or hydrogen or electrolyser and any combination of ..

BTW: I don't mean to disparage the originator of the website in the OP's post, they look like very good designs and a nice ready to go system, I just wanted to give some choices. Ready-made system are great for people that want to just purchase a system and not make anything from scratch. Me I am an experimenter

[edit on 8-4-2008 by battlestargalactica]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dubyakadubla

Caterpillar will never have a problem with Gas bills nor will they ever think of converting to alternative fuel to offend their corporate partners.

You are right about Cat not having to worry about their gas bill but their customers will...There are plans in the works for hydrogen fuels cell vehicles right now. They are on the path as well.

And when I called BS I hadnt watched the video but looked at the links as well as some others. There are a lot of people selling snake oil out there. I can easily believe that you could supplement your fuel w/ the gas but to completely replace it?...I am sure it can be done but the software in the ecm's would work as well as it should...might need different fuel maps...the maps are different for a natural gas engine than they are for a diesel than gasoline so I am just wondering what the difference may be for a "brown gas" engine? How much energy is there vs gasoline?

I still am curious as to the amount of gas you will get from one of the units

Yes the mythbusters comment was a sarcastic jab...lol...

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Good stuff, I hope to see this happen, would save hundreds.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Yes you can have a car that runs on water just put a steam engine in it,an internal combustion motor isn't designed to run on water,and converting it to do so,would be better off buying 87 oct fuel,be cheaper

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I just bought a system for $80 (with a 30 day money back guarentee) I'm going to test it and see if it works.

If it does I may buy the book and change professions. If it doesn't I'll send it back and get my money back.

I can't really lose here.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ATruGod

Let us all know how it goes

Generally I'm very skeptical of things like this but this one has had me curious for some time. I remember in HS in the 60's doing this with a 9 volt transistor radio battery in chemistry class. We filled up balloons and BLEW THEM UP! It was great fun.

It was also my understanding it took too much energy to produce and that was why we have not had this many decades ago. It could be they are right. These instructions and kits have been around for decades and I've yet to see anyone actually doing this. There must be some reason? I know the idea works, so I assume its not cost effective and people probably never ask for their money back and then are never able to make it functional or useful.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I've been watching this go back and forth for months now and really just want to honest results from someone that knows what they are doing and isn't looking to fool people.

I started watching HHO videos on Google in 2006 from the guy that sells the welding equipment to a couple who sell plans and or kits. I did bookmark a page that is selling plans for the auto conversion if I can just find it. Too many bookmarks.

I've also been a proponent of LP gas conversions and yes, your engine runs much cooler on LP and parts last virtually forever. Better mileage, etc...

The worst thing people do is sell out to big brother because that's the end of the line. I don't care what they promise to do, it ends up on a dusty shelf in Timbuktu.

I also love these new commercials by Chevron and Shell where they tell us how hard they are working on alternatives and how much they really care about the environment. The sad part is that most just drink their kool aid.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I bought my kit on that place for auctions (no gratutitous advertising here). I've been contemplating it for sometime and am quite skeptical but if indeed it doesnt work I will request my money back.

I know exactly how many gallons my Jeep gets now. To me it will be clear one way or the other.

I will report my results (I ordered it today).

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ATruGod

Can you tell me which kit you ordered, I am familiar with a few so I can take a guess as to the increase in MPG and also advise on other things, possible shortcomings of the kit you may need to address..thanks.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by battlestargalactica
reply to post by ATruGod

Can you tell me which kit you ordered, I am familiar with a few so I can take a guess as to the increase in MPG and also advise on other things, possible shortcomings of the kit you may need to address..thanks.

Simple 32oz kit.

Have you used one?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join