It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zahi Hawass - Unkept Promises

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Remeber those Robots that found those doors with copper handles? Hawass said that by the end of 2007 we would know what was in those chambers.

"I can only say that this year I will reveal the secrets of the Great Pyramid doors," Hawass told Discovery News.
www.youtube.com...

Ive been following this subject for years now, and am quite unnerved by the time its taken and the beating around the bush.

I just want to know, does anyone have any CURRENT information on this subject? I search and search and its like "Sorry Mario, but the real princess is in another castle..."

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by psychedeliack

I certainly remember that farce of an "exploration"...

It was hilarious.

And I can't believe anyone would believe anything Dr. Hawass says for the public.

No offence, anyone.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
He is baffled by what they could be, or their purpose. I think he's afraid of unlocking a secret of ancient Egypt that could turn all his theories on the Great Pyramid into nothing more than fantasy.

This is the same man who will not dig in front of the sphinx where a known chamber has been located. A chamber said to contain many lost secrets of Egypt. I think this man is far more worried with how the ancient egyptians are perceived rather then how they lived.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I think this man is far more worried with how the ancient egyptians are perceived rather then how they lived.

Very true!

[edit on 8-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sway33

Im pretty sure he let some folks dig under the paws, and found nothing. Still, in my experience I thought IT was in a circular chamber a mile below the sphinx.
He has found tunnels under the sphinx that go down what is said to be an insignificant depth. This is of course coming from Zahi, and I would love to trust in the man, as he does do a good job at being a front man for Egypt; my concern is just the way he comes off, his energy. I know he has reasons for not disclosing everything, and perhaps these reasons are good, but why lie about it? What is so bad about having to re write some history?
Iv also heard it has something to do with the Muslim beliefs being predominant in that area, and lots of findings could go against the Qur'an time line. I suppose that could be a problem. Damn politics and religions.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Dr.Hawass is very adamant in his nationalistic stance. there's nothing wrong with loving your country, your history, and your ancestors. However, there comes a time when you have to put aside such things and be what you are, and he is a scientist. objective analysis of the data. there are many questions about some of the major monuments in egypt that are not explained by the so-called "truths" he continually quotes. for instance, why are there only two or three monuments, including the great pyramid of giza that have no decoration? no heiroglyphics,no statues, nothing. consider that every other monument and burial chamber is covered in nearly every square inch with such. strange there's no such ornamentation in the greatest feat of construction ever...
i've never been satisfied with the "grafiti" proclaiming khufu built it. as i recollect the grafiti was found in an almost inaccesable area by some man whose name escapes me more than a century ago. now who's to say he didn't just put it there himself? just seems fishy to me the only writing in the whole complex was done by a peasant...
of course i'm probably wrong and all the decorations were stolen and all the paint inside was worn off centuries before, and the top of the sarcophagus was stolen as well as the body. who knows.

so while Dr.Hawass does a great job in expressing the wonders of egypt, which are indeed wondrous, he's a terrible scientist i must opine. allowing other egyptologists to explore the area, under egyptian supervision of course to reduce theft of national objects, would quell a lot of the conspiracy theories...that is if nothing out of the ordinary is found. and if something is? well a discovery is hardly a bad thing, even if a few textbooks must be rewritten.

edit to add: i reread my post and thought that i might be misleading with the "allowing other egyptologists to explore" section. what i meant is, letting other egyptologists with differing opinions about egypts history to explore the region. many times those with theories that go against "established" egyptological history are never allowed more than glances at the site. and this is merely because it hurts Dr.Hawass' national pride. and sometimes i guess that isn't unwarranted, but science isn't about pride it's about facts, and if you're too set in your ways to allow new thought....well, personally i think thats the time one should retire, as that's not what science is about. if that was the case, we'd all still think the earth was flat and that we were at the center of the universe.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by optimus primal]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychedeliack
Im pretty sure he let some folks dig under the paws, and found nothing. Still, in my experience I thought IT was in a circular chamber a mile below the sphinx.
He has found tunnels under the sphinx that go down what is said to be an insignificant depth.

I have never heard anything about tunnels under the sphinx but I know recently a team used ground penetrating radar and found a chamber in front of the paws some 16x16 meters or so. Dr. Hawass has refused any excavation on or around the sphinx.

But no I have have never heard and I highly doubt a tunnel going down a mile. There would be no or little oxygen for any work crew digging that far down in my opinion, but I have nothing to back that up, just opinion.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by Sway33]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Heard about this alot before and although I think there are rooms under the sphinx which contain 'ancient knowledge' im not sure to who it belongs, maybe Atlantis, maybe Lumeria, maybe just aliens, who knows!!

found a few links and a name, Dr. Jim Hurtak. Supposedly the excavation has already happened and he led the team, all there in second link, looking for more info on him now. Seems to me to be a 'new age' scientist, although I'm not clear on his qualifications yet either.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

members.tripod.com...

bah, second link seems to be a hoax, was not witten by J.J Hurtak apparently.
www.cam.net.uk...

[edit on 9-4-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Ok, no I'm confused, apparently it wasn't his article and was no way affiliated with him (still trying to find out if he did ANY excavation work in Egypt) but he has a book out on the subject?!?

www.amazon.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I think they should be opened as soon as possible. This is supposed to contain “ancient knowledge” I read somewhere the pyramids were made to contain knowledge from a flood… is this true? If so why this one of the first isn’t thins we are trying to open, doesn’t seem to make much sense to me. It supposed to be your job to learn everything you can about them and they should have done it like a month after finding it. I remember watching that show on the discovery channel and I was PISSED. They tend to do that a lot though, I mean, watching a show for a hour to see what is up this hole and to find out its just a door that they haven’t opened for years (I’m pretty sure the show is pretty old) and I’m also pretty sure they can very easily do it. Do they know something and don’t want to share?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Zahi Hawass is a keeper of secrets and a teller of lies...

If there is anything discovered concerning the Great Pyramids that does not conform to the theory that the Egyptians built the Great Pyramids... Zahi will cover it up...

IMHO

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I just heard on a recent Coast to Coast AM show, Graham Hancock was on the show and disclosed that ground penetrating radar has discovered 9 chambers and various tunnels among the Sphinx. The radar picked up the presence of metal in each of the 9 chambers.

Edgar Cayce I believe, suggested an ancient library would be found among the sphinx and guarding it would be metal statues. So these rooms could very well be the lost library.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
They are desperately trying to keep in balance commercial tourism, islamic state religion, mainstream egyptology and the things beneath the ground which are at odds with all three.

The problem is: "If we reveal this, we also have to reveal...." Well, you get the point. Civilization as we know it would end.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Now this is just pure speculation on my part,but lately he seems a bit...humbled.He supposed to have been injured in a "trap" that was in tomb or something.He took some time off to recover now hes back at work.I wonder...just speculation now....if he found something that blew his mind.I was watching a show on some new discoveres in egypt and what was found was some mummies underground.Some of these mummies where covered in gold.He said these mummies were roman troops that where buried by the egyptians out of respect.Now that seemed kinda odd.The death mask that the mummies had looked like nothing ive seen before.Sure the mask did look like the the faces of folks from europe,but the head dress was un like anything ive seen.Im no expert by any means but those mummies seem really out of place.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by Tricky63]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

The problem is: "If we reveal this, we also have to reveal...." Well, you get the point. Civilization as we know it would end.

Really Skyfloating? That's odd - if this stuff is so bad that civilization is going to end why:

How do they know about it if its underground?

If "they" kniow about it why haven't they destroyed it?

Also if "they" know about it why have all the people who know about it not "gone mad"? Why haven't they leaked the secret?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Really Skyfloating? That's odd - if this stuff is so bad that civilization is going to end why:

How do they know about it if its underground?

If "they" kniow about it why haven't they destroyed it?

Also if "they" know about it why have all the people who know about it not "gone mad"? Why haven't they leaked the secret?

Its not actually bad. Its good. Its only bad for those who wish to perpetuate this joke of a reality you call society

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
So how does that end civilzation? Remember you are saying they already know what it is and are hiding it. Therefore they already know and should be suffering from the effect - why isn't this happening?

How many people would you say know this "secret"/

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

That's ridiculous and you know it, civilization as we know it wouldn't end. We would, however, have to adjust what we knew of history to include the new information.

Another possibility occurs to me. Let's say for the sake of argument that Zahi Hawass and the Egyptian Authorities give every fringe theorist full access to excavate any and all anomolous cavities on the Giza Plateau.

Let's also say that absolutely NOTHING is found to validate any of their claims, however, in the process, many if not all of the structures on the plateau are significantly or irreparably damaged. How many do you think are going to take responsibility for the damage they caused? Very few, I'd say. Many will likely find the first means out of Egypt.

However, many others will probably explain away their inability to find evidence of their claims on a vast conspiracy to make them look foolish.

In the meantime, some of the worlds oldest, most enduring structures will have been damaged for no other reason than because there were those who believed in a conspiracy to keep history secret.

cormac

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
If you read on Zahi's website, it talks about an excavation of some tunnels from the great pyramid to the sphinx. Ive read on other sites that him and his team were the only ones to see where these tunnels led, and Zahi's claim is that they dead end.

I know about Zahi's credibility, but I dont know about the other sources, this whole situation just stinks.

and my source for the mile deep corridor is from an alternative source which claims there to be a ship down there we will use in a war that will destroy us if we dont. The source claims the future holds that we will.
Emerald Tablets of Thoth is where I think that comes from. Even so, that has a few different translations out there so...the plot thickens...

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Good point Cormac.

Lets see our western civilization has survived:

Discovery of an entirely new world and conflcting religions

The Chinese civilization survived finding out it wasn't the best and the center of the world.

We all have survived the discovery of multiple hominids to include the "hobbits".

Lots of other civilizations survived (some didn't) contact with ideas and other civilizations - civilizations tend to be tough instead of weak, they also tend to die slowly not quickly.

Psychedeliack

I don't see in that link a claim that the tunnels lead from the great pyramid to the Sphinx - could you point that out please?

Nice speculation - a whole mile eh?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join