It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBA MVP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Who do you people have as MVP?

I have to go with Kobe.nA shock, i know, but this is his year. He has kept the Lakerrs at, or near the Top of the West Standings, all year, even thru a TON of injuires to, Bynum, Chris Mihim, Ariza, Gasol, Kobe, Walton, Fisher, Radmonavic. Everyone has been hurt execpt 3 guys, Farmar, Sasha, and Turriaf, three bench players...

My Ballot:

Kobe
CP3
Lebron
KG
Duncan

Heres a little insight... Last night i was at the Lakers game in Sacacramento. Kobe got MVP chants in the third...

And Barry Bonds was court side, introduced after 2 X-game people with a minimal response, which when pointed out on the jumbotron, The entire place Started to ROAR with boos, louder then when Kobe went to the line, louder then the MVP chants for Kobe, the loudest moment of the Game, the boo for Bonds.

At first the boo started out low, as Bonds mearly only sat in the chair and waived. Then Bonds stood up, and the Boos got louder! And people stood up, and Booed, screamed, and booed even more, and Bonds loved it, his smile was huge... he must love being the vilian....

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

I think CP3 and the Hornets have been the most surprising. KG just doesn't have the numbers (in the box score) but his impact in Boston has been amazing. He brings so much enthusiasm.

Even though I'm not sure Kobe deserves it this year as much... I would agree with you. I say this because Odom has played better this year, Bynum has emerged as a force, and the trade for Gasol obviously makes them much better. So I guess I'd give it to Kobe because I think they owe him one. The reason the Lakers have made the playoffs at all in the last couple of years has been Kobe. Otherwise they're a lottery team. The Lakers supporting cast has been a joke up until this year.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Is got to be Kobe, it should be Kobe, no matte what way you look at it is him. I get sick and tired of all the Kobe haters out there. This guy is unbelievable, he has reached that MJ status were if he only score 30 is like he had an off night, in all reality he has become the complete player everyone expected him to become.

For the next 5 years is going to be a battle of Lebron, Kobe and Paul for MVP. I hope the talent of the Hornets is not short lived because they have a good nucleus of players that have learn how to play together but some of them come with much baggage from other teams and I expect many of them leaving as soon as their contract expire for bigger money.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
There are alot of Kobe Haters out there, and in here on this fourm...

It Doesnt feel great to give the MVP to Kobe this season, 2 years ago he Averaged 35 pts a game, and that got him 4th place... this year he just has many good options around him, thats why his assists are up, his teammates are finnaly hitting jumpers...

Also, something that may have slipped by unnoticed... Kobe, by me record, has just released the most sucseful Viral/online ad ever. Did you see it, where Kobe jumps over an Alston Martin? Its worth 1 min.

The ad went straight to Youtube, and on Kobes website, and has been veiwed like 20 million times, and has made about every sports show talk about it. The Controversy has emerged over weather or not Kobe Actualy Jumped over the Car, weather it was CGI or real... Just worth talking about... [I found out the ad did air on TV at least once... i guess i missed it.]

Theres one player that i think you forgot to add to that list, Dwight Howard. How many 20/20 games does the guy have to put up before people recognize. The guy dominates. and he is like 22 years old.

[edit on 5/1/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Well, the MVP is Kobe.

you can now all acuse that this was a set up, and the league is in bed with the Lakers...

About time for Kobe to get his MVP, i HOPE that the Lakers win it all this year, even without bynum...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Hehe you know it's a fake right ?

Funny though. The guy still has mad hops and is fun to watch.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Yea i know its fake... fake to a degree... but its still great... this is LA, and Kobe is the Star...

plus... look at the other video... this one definatly is real though...

This is the New Kobe... this is him... he is comfratable with his team, and his position now.. he is having fun...

Kobe is making Underground comercials... its cool... I think Kobe is great...

[edit on 6/3/2008 by TKainZero]

top topics

join