It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pack of Squirrels Attack and Kill Stray Dog?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Pack of Squirrels Attack and Kill Stray Dog?

news.bbc.co.uk

Squirrels have bitten to death a stray dog which was barking at them in a Russian park, local media report.
Passers-by were too late to stop the attack by the black squirrels in a village in the far east, which reportedly lasted about a minute.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This sounds crazy. The story is still under investigation. I wonder if the little things were really squirrels or something else more bizarre.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a pack of squirrals attacked and kill a stray dog, come on get a grip, what did they do knaw it to death?, they are nut eating animals who hide when threatened, they are known to throw nuts at people but very rarely.

Are you sure this isnt a late april fools ??

Wee Mad Mental

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I say well done the Squirrels! I have a problem next door with a barking dog. Maybe I should pay the Grey squirrels to clip the dog! What's the going rate these days for the services of the Killer Squirrels? Last year It was half a dozen conkers for a kneecap!

With the uncertainty surrounding the Middle east and the coming recession I reckon the squirrels will be asking for at least a dozen conkers this year. I'm not sure whether I can afford this price with the credit crunch and all.

[edit on 7uMonday08/27/20 by paul76]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
You'd be surprised at how much damage a squirrel can do. I had one as a pet once. Their claws are like razorblades, so much so that they will easily break the skin even if the animal isn't intentionally trying to do so (ours was very docile, yet you'd always look like you'd been through a blender after handling it). Their claws also make them EXTREMELY strong for their size and are very, very difficult to remove if they ever decide to 'dig in' to furniture, or skin (if you're really unlucky). They can also inflict a nasty, if somewhat shallow bite.

They're also somewhat territorial and can become aggressive over food.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by vor78]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I thought this sounded familiar...

I posted a story JUST like this a couple of years back... and under closer inspection...

IT IS THE STORY I POSTED...

This story is from Dec. 2005....

ill see if i can find the thread...

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Yes, it is a 2005 article. Worse, it's quoting Pravda as the source of this information.

new topics

top topics

join