It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martial Law, what's so bad about it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
So what's so bad about Martial Law? I thought is was a pretty good show back in the day, oo bad it got canceled lol.

Seriously though, What really would happen if Martial Law broke out? What is the most likely scenario of what would happen and how does it compare with what we have to deal with at currently. Plus, why would it be better to survive the in the wild than to be under Martial Law?

I don't know much about Martial Law (what might happen during/because of it) so I was curious as to what might be.

What might lead to Martial Law (considering modern circumstances)?
American Civilian Revolution?
Terroist Attacks/False Flags?
Foriegn Control?
Or something else?
Which would most likely lead to it?

[Edit]
How far away from it are we?

-Jimmy

[edit on 5-4-2008 by jimmyjackblack]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Revolution would be the result of martial law, not the cause of it.

Total Martial Law scenario seems to be living in a guarded camp... ie concentration camp. You still want to live in one of those than in nature?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Martial law.....

-Constitutional rights are suspended.
-The military is in control of everything.

There would be roadblocks everywhere, and you will be subject to search at any time.

The military can come into your house, and take whatever they want with no legal repercussions.

You can be detained indefinately for any or no reason at all.

You will be disarmed in the first couple of days of martial law.

The military will tell you what to do, and if you don't comply you will be detained or shot.

You no longer have a right to trial by jury of your piers.

You no longer have any freedom of speech.

You no longer have any freedom or liberty.

You are now a subject not a citizen.

You will not be allowed to leave your city, maybe even your neighborhood.

All information coming or going will be filtered by the military, this includes TV Radio Internet and Mail.

It's like being in prison, in your town.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
What might lead to it?

Any reason they choose, under all the patriot act BS and other bills passed in the last couple of years.

-Natural disaster
-Terror attack
-Economic disaster
-Rebellion
-Invasion
-????

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
How far away from Martial Law are we then? We seem to be on the verge at the moment in my personal opinion, or at least close to the verge of it.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
seems to me lately things are really building up to the breaking point. imo it is only one step away, all is needed is someone to pull the trigger (so to speak) and then shf really starts to come into effect. all is needed is one large nat disaster,terror attack or something to that effect.

maybe this will never happen but i think its so close its not even funny and most people have no clue!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Hey, new member here.

Martial Law, in theory, is a smart plan for continuing a country's productivity in times of chaos.

The problem comes in when, just as they did in No during Katrina, the U.S. military is performing door to door searches with orders to seize any and all firearms, food and water stockpiles, medical supplies etc, as well as blocking routes out of the area with standing orders to fire on someone who shows resistance.

Did you get that? The U.S. MILITARY had standing orders to shoot U.S. civilians on American soil simply because they did not comply with total forfeit of their rights.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Martial Law would be very bad.

There would be road blocks everywhere questioning you about where you are going, totally up to them if you can get through or not. You would have to have identity papers with you at all times or risk being arrested with no trial for as long as they want.
All your supplies would be taken.
Internet would not work , you would have to ask the operator permission to make a phone call, there would only be channels on tv they allow.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
So how could a country function under Martial Law? It seems it would be deminnished even more, do we have an example of a country under Martial Law and the way it functions? Is it close to what Tibet is experiencing? I feel that the leaders of NWO or our country would be hard pressed for defending it against foriegn powers or for supporting it's self. So how would it work?

top topics

join