It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you help me ID this aircraft?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Miss_Murphy

No problems in the chilled stakes. If the mods are happy for someone to make the members here look stupid, that's their call. It's just a shame it is diluting the usual high quality posts in the aircraft projects forum. To those so desperate to believe, enjoy the show!

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by toasted

Have you ever meddled in occult stuff, like the Ouija board, or meditation, maybe tarot cards?

NO. I did not believe in ANYTHING spiritual or religious or occult before all of this started happening.

After it started, I read a lot on things of that nature (eventually).

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Willard856

No problems in the chilled stakes. If the mods are happy for someone to make the members here look stupid, that's their call. It's just a shame it is diluting the usual high quality posts in the aircraft projects forum. To those so desperate to believe, enjoy the show!

I told the absolute truth about that, and there were two other witnesses. I was there.

You keep worrying, for some reason, that I am "putting on a show". I am not, and I have no reason to continue this particular subject. I started this thread to see if anyone was familiar with the "gondola plane" and, as it turns out, no one was.

Therefore I am finished with the subject unless someone continues it.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
Miss Murphy-- ...

That said, over the decades of unusual flying objects being reported, we can attribute some of them to some sort of totally unknow and unsuspected living organisms. ...
The flying bigfoots, unknown and unsuspected, some time pose as the flying Elvi.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Okay you guys are really being cruel and harsh. You can use the reason that you think its Bull*snip*, but what happened to keep an open mind? An observatory plane? Doing a survey of somesort. I'm googling as many keywords i can relate to the description; Custom commercial jets, Optical aircraft etc etc. Cant find anything yet.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Semoro

Thanks and good luck...I've searched the net for nearly four years and asked pilot acquaintances and haven't been able to find anything on it.

It was a very unusual sight, but it did not look paranormal or ufo-ish. It was so unusual that the boys who saw it with me had no problem leaving the fireworks we had been setting off and going inside with me to make sketches of it (while the other children stayed outside and continued playing).

I saw it clearly, it was very low even for the location (the approach path of IAH) and it was not a blimp. I recall thinking either while seeing it or very soon after that it would be impossible to land.

I wonder if somehow the gondola part of it could retract into the body of the airplane? But they were about the same width, IIRC.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I was also thinking the very same idea about there being a retractable body! IAH? Can you please share? I'm only in NZ! haha. Back to the retractable part, It could be released like a bomb, Hatch opens and release, except its not released its simply lower. And what plane is the closest in size and shape so far? Couldnt be a blimp, by the sounds of it, it must of travelled quite fast!

Deny Ignorance

Semoro

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Semoro

IAH is Bush Intercontinental Airport. It's the largest airport in Houston, Texas. At the time, I lived a few miles from there.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Right we have details and location. More fruitful reports should begin to roll in! I'm going to Airliner the airport and google earth it.

Deny ignorance

Semoro

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Semoro
And what plane is the closest in size and shape so far?

I was acquainted with a man who was a pilot for a major airline, we sailed together.

I have a very serious fear of flying, and bugged *snip*him about plane crashes and what if scenarios. As fate would have it, he was later the pilot in command during a major air disaster.

I studied his type of plane trying to understand the cause of the crash. It was a 737 and this plane looked very similar.

(Someone upthread said they doubted if I could pick out a 737, so I feel the background pertains. It may not have been a 737, all I am saying is that it was similar.)

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Ouch. Scary. How was the crash caused? And was there a program on it?
We're having a very nice little conversation here arent we

Deny ignorance

Semoro

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Wouldn't would of been one of the 737 crashes that had to do with the actuator/servo for the rudder would it? Just one of the more high profile crashes that comes to mind.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miss_Murphy
(Someone upthread said they doubted if I could pick out a 737, so I feel the background pertains. It may not have been a 737, all I am saying is that it was similar.)

I think that was me, and to be fair it wasn't made as a slight. I simply meant most people would not be able to positively identify most airliners by type. Thus 737 might be more representative of a generic class or size. I consider myself to have a sound background in the topic, and while 9 times out of ten I'd be able to identify any of Boeing's products correctly in a quick glance, I'm equally sure that with only a quick glance I'd have about 60% chance of correctly identifying some of the new airliners by model.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Canada_EH

Yes, PA.

I do appreciate everyone's input, but from the looks of things, I don't think I will ever truly know.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I'm glad to see we've made it back on track, after having jumped said track a few posts back.

Please, everyone try to keep to the topic.

Can you help me ID this aircraft?

And thanks to those who have offered data, rather than distraction.

Carry on.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well, I'm gonna try my best to keep this as neutral as I can, if I can't, I am very sorry, I've been away from ATS for a while...so my post quality might've gone down.

First off, lets try and get a few things straight, if the craft was 1000 feet in the air...I don't think THAT much detail could've gone into the description...so I am imagining that you have exagerated a little, but we have black suits...to an extent I can understand that.

Reason: Giving an estimate, at 1000 feet is the same distance between my old house's deck, and the far side of the Adams schoolyard field (two fields across, one street over). I could see black...maybe a defining face, on a clear and sunny day.

That aside, the key issue I believe we're looking at is a glass platform aboard a large aircraft resembling a Boeing Airline Jet. I find a conflict with this story is that the aircraft's "carrying" virtually a secondary aircraft, below it, meaning the craft would have to have excessive thrust, it would be extremely noisy (assuming the engines are in the same position). Additionally glass would not be effective, mainly because a glass aircraft could easily break.

My quesiton now would be, was it attached, or was it accessible, in that, could you walk into it from the plane in flight, or not?

I believe what you saw was in fact an optical illusion. Some 747's have two stories...and if the bottom was for some reason made of "glass" or fiberglass, then it is highly likely that is what you saw. This idea is much more plausable and easy to understand.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Thanks Canada_EH For responding

Hmmm _Del_ can you find any custom planes built? Your usually the guy to go to when looking for amazing information. Miss_Murphy can you please try and scan a picture of the plane sketch onto the thread? No matter how crude, a picture is a picture. I'll try and help with anything.
Any USAF Bases around that area could be helpful! Well done guys.

Deny Ignorance

Semoro

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
It's funny, I saw a picture in the GAO review today that reminded me of this thread. Again, I haven't really changed my stance that it was a blimp. I think this could easily be misidentified at night and reproduce what has been described.

But Northrop Grumman has built a Rutan designed craft for high altitude recon. It's being used as a test bed for several different systems. They don't have a manned bay underneath, nor do they resemble an airliner. They do have a pod (actually several pods for several different things) hung under the fuselage. The pod is much too small to carry personell, and the a/c itself is not terribly large especiallly when compared to an airliner. The design is very Rutan-esque which means it wouldn't be confused with an airliner. But for oddities sake, here is a pic

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Interesting, I hadn't considered a blimp. That's very possible as well. I still would not rule out the 747 idea though...especially if we are talking about the possibility of military or government organizations being involved. None the less, a good idea to add.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
What a very random looking plane! It would half to be a very fast to be a blimp. But try and find a blimp that could be the cause. Remember size, speed and its appearance.

Deny Ignorance

Semoro

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join