It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the Deal With the Church of Oprah?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Yes Odessy that was it exactly, about what she said about the inner city kids.

Flyers - Oh man you're kidding me? About the feast? Holy moly...that's almost bordering on cruel, and I am sure it probably caused others in their village to try to steal the food they were sneaking etc.

She has absolutely no clue!

dgtempe - You said it all there lol...she won't stop til she has her own country named after her, too funny, but it's sadly true. I watched a few episodes when she first started her "Angel Network" charity and I thought that was worthy...

I also tuned in when she was trying to catch one pedophile or child rapist a week by offering 100K to anyone who gave information that led to the capture of the ones that had fled after posting bail.

For some reason she stopped doing that after they had caught only 3 or so and I always wondered why.

Guess she went onto the next fad, and gave up that worthy cause.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
oprah's an uncletom......

i lost all respect for the
when she refused to have rapper ludacris on her show because of the lyrics in his songs but for some reason or another thought it was A ok to let bill o'reilly (an OBVIOUS racist) come on her show...

oprah

and no...her constant donations to africa don't save her from uncletom status.

[edit on 5-4-2008 by LordInfamous]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This new age religion is a deception. It ties directly into the teachings of many cults. It disascociates man from God and attempts to humanize Jesus. Read the recent thread www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Beware this is one of satans deceptions. Do you really think he would expect the world to become satanists when all he has to do is polute and take advantage of weak minds. The elimination of Jesus from religious teachings has only one goal in mind. Do you know what that is?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Oprah is a dumb millionaire. She just got lucky.

Correction: she is a dumb Billionaire.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Oprah is one of the many instruments in the wheat thrashing process used to blow away the chaff and carry it away to be burned. The prince of the power of the air is the wind that gives her, her power. She's a slave.

All who overcome the wind will be those grounded in Jesus Christ. The rest are taken away.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
so Im coming to the conclusion that there arnt a lot of Oprah fans on ATS lol.

just our moms eh?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
As far as I can tell, this video is an ad for a book and Christian propaganda.

Oprah is not a minister, she's not ordained and she's not a religious leader. She doesn't have a church. She's a talk show host, people.
She shares her opinions and ideas with people. She is the most powerful woman in television and she shares her spirituality with people.

And that is a threat to conventional religion. I can see how it would be.

The "Church of Oprah" is just a name some religious people have assigned to her "Living Life Abundantly" class she gave with Eckhart Tolle.

I can certainly see and understand how and why some Christians find this offensive. However, this video does not reveal all of the facts surrounding the clips shown, nor does it give us total insight as to Oprah’s intentions or beliefs. After watching the video one should ask, who benefits from it and what is the intended purpose. This video reeks of strategic propaganda, it’s the same type of propaganda that plays on Christian fears, and its also the same type of propaganda that bamboozled some Christians into voting for George W. Bush
Source

This is worse than when she said she'd never eat another burger and the beef industry sued her... Hey, I have an idea. Why don't the Christians sue her for sharing her opinion? She won the beef suit. It's called free-speech, people.

If Oprah has a church, then so do I. The church of Benevolent Heretic... Has a nice ring to it, don't you agree?

BTW, I'm not a big Oprah fan. I have watched her show once in 5 years.

[edit on 5-4-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Yes, Billionaire. Got it.

Oprah i beleive has the worlds best interest at heart, she wants to give, but in the process she must practice humility and she will be truly rewarded in the end.

Attaching her name to everything isnt the way to do it,imo.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
so Im coming to the conclusion that there arnt a lot of Oprah fans on ATS lol.

just our moms eh?

I think even my mom is turning against her

I'd say that's a big AFFIRMATIVE as I am reading the rest of the posts!

And yes to the person who corrected millionaire! Forbes magazine said that Oprah makes half a BILLION a year.

I wish I was that "lucky" don't you all? Maybe she stumbled upon "The Secret" way before us.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Attaching her name to everything isnt the way to do it,imo.

SHE did not attach her name to this! The people out there who don't like what she is saying are attaching her name to it and calling it a "church". Oh, yes, and the people who are jealous of the money she has made...

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Maybe NOT. But her name is certainly self spread out there everywhere.

The school, the magazine, the show, the Obama campaign, and many other things.

Oprah Oprah Oprah!

Like i said, the gold statue is probably being ordered by HER.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Maybe NOT. But her name is certainly self spread out there everywhere.

And what's the problem with that? Famous people exist. Angelina Jolie, Queen Elizabeth, Britney Spears, Al Gore. Oprah is famous, no doubt. So what??

The school, the magazine, the show, the Obama campaign, and many other things.

You think she created that school to "get her name out there"? I have news for you. Her name was already out there. Eeryone in the world already knew who she was. You think she endorses Obama to make herself more popular?

How about that Mother Theresa, huh? She just helped those kids to get in the limelight. And Bono... he's just doing that stuff he does to sell records and be more popular... That's how ridiculous this sounds to me.

Oprah Oprah Oprah!

You think SHE'S chanting that? This is whacked. People love her. It's the PEOPLE that make her popular, not herself. What do you guys think she should do to keep her fans from loving her so much?

These criticisms are just sour grapes.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I understand that you probably like Oprah by your posts, and I don't have anything against her except how she loves the spotlight.

And I will use Bill Gates to illustrate using another billionaire that we can compare to Oprah.

Bill Gates who donates billions of dollars to charities here and around the world does NOT attach his name to the schools he helps build, the foundations he funds etc.

Bill Gates has not come out and used his money. power and influence to try to sway an election by endorsing a specific candidate.

I am not saying that Oprah hasn't left a lasting mark on society that, as a whole, is probably positive.

All I am saying is...she's let the power, money and influence go to her head and the evidence is all around in all the facts we've cited. Starting a magazine with your name on it, putting your picture on the cover of every issue...is totally narcissistic. She's even bought the Discovery Health channel so I hear...

3 guesses as to what the new name of it will be? I am guessing "The Oprah Network" 24/7 Oprah ....chant with me now O-Prah O-Prah O-Prah

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
If Oprah has a church, then so do I.

Oh? Where do you guys meet? Are there coffee and donuts after the service?

tw.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
people who are jealous of the money she has made...

I've said it before and I'll say it again .. just to make my 'oprah position' clear.

- I applaud that she's very successful and that she's doing it all legally.
- I applaud that she helps people with the money she makes.
- If she wants to help people in Africa and not America - that's her choice.
- I would prefer that it was Americans ... but again .. it's her choice.
- I understand her putting her name on her TV show and magazine. She's selling a product - herself.

- I DO NOT understand her putting her name in big bold letters above the 'leadership academy for girls' sign. It's self promoting and the height of self love. She can do what she wants of course, but it reeks of narcasism.

- The 'spiritual' stuff she's pumping out is awful. I posted where 'A Course in Miracles' comes from and what happened to it's founder. It's a cult. It's a cult that drove the founder insane. She died in mental torment cursing the book, and cursing herself for channeling it and pushing it.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Not that fairness, or the truth has any bearing on this thread at all, but in all fairness, she has not set up a new church or a new religion. Oprah is a Christian, she has said so, she just reads the Bible and thinks for herself rather than take some other human beings interpretation as if it were straight from Gods lips. Some people do that. More people should.

In truth, the course on the Internet is NOT based on "A course in Miracles" at all. It is based on a book by Eckhart Tolle called "A New Earth."

It is NOT about "the power of positive thinking," or anything like "The Secret," except in the broadest possible ways. It is about knowing yourself, and why you do the things you do, examining your own ego, etc., so that you can be more like the loving, non-judgmental person Jesus seemed to hope we could be. It is completely directed at the self. Taking the beam out of your own eye, rather than criticizing the mote in someone elses. The premise being if you can do that, whatever else you do will be more in line with what is good for everyone, and the world, hence it being called "A New Earth."

I know, I know, truly a Satanic concept.

Edit:
Why exactly is the fact that someone is trying to establish a Department of Peace considered dangerous? I am not really clear on that part of the video the OP posted.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Ok, either she is an alien or has sold her soul to satan himself... Honestly, I think Oprah is ok, but don't think she is any better than any other talk show host really... So why is she so popular? Think about it...

She is the most popular, the most powerful and the richest woman on earth... For what reason? Because she can host a show about nothing and give everyone free cars... It's all a publicity thing people! She gives people things because it draws us in to watch her show... Oh! Lets see what Oprah gives away today! yay!

I really don't see any reason how she can be this "powerful"... Seriously leaning toward alien just based off of her way of thinking... It sounds like an illuminatist's way of thinking... The UFO religions as you might call them... Has anyone checked to see if Oprah is tied into the Illuminati in any way?

I wouldn't be surprised if she was... Watch out people this is a deception on one the highest levels I've seen since the creation of the Mormon religion(s)...

:bnghd:

Good find and post btw!

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
i used to watch oprah. but i just wonder where she is going with all this. some say money corrupts. and i agree, why not help american children, do you have to go to africa to find poor children. some of the places in indian reservations and inner cities could use a little of that queen of the universe money. no sour grapes, just the facts mam

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313

3 guesses as to what the new name of it will be? I am guessing "The Oprah Network" 24/7 Oprah ....chant with me now O-Prah O-Prah O-Prah

ROFLMAO!! L.A., thanks for the giggles. Who else in the whole world has a name that is also everyone's personal mantra? O-Prah O-Prah O-Prah..
. :LOL:

You're spot on about Gates; It is possible to donate your money for the good of mankind without making it a photo-op at the same time.

[edited to add] Well, I guess there really is an "Oprah Channel" now. Does her need to be apart of every facet of society have no bounds? Sheesh!!

[edit on 5/20/2008 by lightseeker]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join