It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Captive Gray

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I did a search for "The Captive Gray" on ATS and found nothing so I decided to make a post about this video I find fascinating and worth a discussion about.

Maybe the reason it isn't showing up is because it was just posted on March 8, 2008 on Youtube. The video is embedded on a Portugese Blog called MondoGump.com.Br with the title of the post called "The Story of a MIB - Part 2"
Link to Youtube video in question can be found here or on the MondoGump blog post link way at the bottom of the page.

I tried to add the video with the WYSIWYG but it adds a \ character after the URL and therefore negates the code.

Alas trying to translate the post using Babelfish doesn't do it justice. I have had better luck with Google Translate and the translated link is here

This is an image that accompanies the video on the blog. I don't know if it is the same puppet/CGI image or whatever that is in the video though.

Under this photo it says, "ESTE MATERIAL É UMA OBRA FICCIONAL"
Translation - THIS MATERIAL IS WORK fictional

The video is amazing and I would recommend seeing it. It is kinda sad seeing this poor alien portrayed in the hands of local thugs though. I like the way it gives the illusion that it is blinking it's eyes, though no eyelids are apparent. One person commented that

"I was under the impression that greys communicated via telepathy."
Yet this one makes attempts at communicating.
It reminds me of Rubber Johnny by Aphex Twin and another video similar that the "Doctors" shine lights into the subjects eyes.

I just checked and the person on Youtube just posted a follow up video called "The Captive Gray 2" Here he is in a room by himself and is fed a plate of something in the end.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Have a star for presenting it in a such well-documented and well explained way:

It has been discussed in this thread:
I would Like to see everyones thoughts on this vid (captive alien)

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I am using Firefox and the search results didn't show up because of adblock maybe. I opened it up in IE8 and there they were.

[edit on 4-4-2008 by Merlinhoot]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merlinhoot
Well the search on here is broken cause I even entered my post title now and came up with nothing.

Even when I search Google directly with the term "above top secret: the captive gray" it doesn't come up with my post of that term.
Having so many different forum topics makes it all the more crucial that searching be accurate.

I see it in position # 1 right now: just give the time to google's crawler to crawl it. Besides, its previous title mentioned "captive alien" rather than "captive gray"

[edit on 4/4/2008 by internos]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
This is real. Not CGI or a puppet. The translation is not perfect but the dialog is understandable enough to recognize details that go beyond what dis/misinformation would employ.

So, go ahead and make jokes; the material is shared with the worthy and unworthy alike here but, I for one am very grateful, as it confirms other details.

Thanks for sharing.

S/

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajKarma
This is real. Not CGI or a puppet. The translation is not perfect but the dialog is understandable enough to recognize details that go beyond what dis/misinformation would employ.

So, go ahead and make jokes; the material is shared with the worthy and unworthy alike here but, I for one am very grateful, as it confirms other details.

Thanks for sharing.

S/

Relato de um Mib, has been made by Philipe Kling David, a brazilian artist.
This IS a CGI.
What do you mean for "misinformation"? In my opinion, a good example is to claim that a CGI is a genuine footage.
www.ceticismoaberto.com...
www.mundogump.com.br...

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I like the video, its very well done with minor glitches. The camera interuptions are a good touch as is the timer.
Glitches include when the door opens, the shadow is clunky and badly animated. Also at one point the alien appears to be walking slightly above the ground (2:01-2:03)

A lot better than what I could do!

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I'd say if this is real, it's reaction would be caused by the inability to use telepathy because the "thugs" as someone else put, aren't capable of that type of communication... It would make sense in my opinion... Interesting but most likely fake..

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
Relato de um Mib, has been made by Philipe Kling David, a brazilian artist.
This IS a CGI.
What do you mean for "misinformation"? In my opinion, a good example is to claim that a CGI is a genuine footage.
www.ceticismoaberto.com...
www.mundogump.com.br...

Exactly! It's not real - I honestly cringed at clicking on this link as I had a feeling that picture would come up.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The video and communications are real, you have outsmarted yourseleves but then, what's to be expected from people with less life experience than a potted plant. You will not see this on ABC or CNN, you will not be told formally because by that time marshall law will have been inacted and you won't even have your internet...ATS will be shutdown as well. Now laugh

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

The video and communications are real, you have outsmarted yourseleves but then, what's to be expected from people with less life experience than a potted plant. You will not see this on ABC or CNN, you will not be told formally because by that time marshall law will have been inacted and you won't even have your internet...ATS will be shutdown as well. Now laugh

Of course we won't see it on ABC or CNN: its place is CINEMA.
You are spreading BS, dude: this is a MOVIE, PERIOD.
Please keeep for yourself your (useless and meaningless and unwanted) comments on other people's: what do you mean for "less life experience?"
And after gaining more life experience will we become like YOU, who believe that this MOVIE is the real deal?
We know ALL of this movie: do you know something else? Something unknown even BY THE AUTHOR?
Mhhhh?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Next thing will be another 'come to daddy' video from Aphex Twin. OMG WTF its a real alien!

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MajKarma

Are you for real?
The cgi is so bad on this clip I could have done it!
I say you are violating this sites rules by proclaiming
BS to be genuine,either that or you are peddling disinfo!
Does this not merit a banning Major or is that LordKarmaUSA??

[edit on 4-4-2008 by Elmer_Dinkley]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   

And you know this is real how? Could you please give us some evidence or background beyond just your word?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MajKarma

Well if we're to believe you, then some aliens are more .... active

This was also done with CGI

[edit on 4-4-2008 by Mark Roazhar]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Mark Roazhar

Excellent level of CGI, if you ask me:
here you can find the original one: ( Title: Creep boxing, 33 sec.
approx. 3.5 mb )
www.spellcraft.de...

Author:
Vadim Draempaehl

Ooops: i've noticed that you edited it while i was posting the reply

[edit on 4/4/2008 by internos]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Yeah sorry about that, I remembered the Bud advert just after I pressed Post

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
We just went all through this a few weeks ago. If you read the entire article at the very end it says that it is fake. I do have to admit that it was an impressive video and I wanted to kick myself when I saw on the bottom that it was fiction.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Nicely done Internos!
I'll try to add a report on this case to the Compilation on EBEs when I get a chance this weekend. That way people who use that thread as a compendium will have all of the relevant details on this CGI

I must have missed the first thread, this one was new to me. Thanks for getting the details to light so fast!

-WFA

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Remember that video that claimed to be an alien interrogation from Area 51? Forget what it was called...was in a show on Sci Fi Channel I think.

Anyway, that had a much more eerie other worldy feel to that alien, had much more creep-factor, whether it was real or cgi I don't know but it gave you a strange feeling watching it, at least it did to me.

That Budweiser commercial was hilarious, first time I've seen it.

Anyway, thanks for posting this Captive Gray video...I saw it on the other thread, and chuckled.

Sounded like it was trying to say "mama"

[edit on 4-4-2008 by LateApexer313]

[edit on 4-4-2008 by LateApexer313]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join