It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chanting Frequency...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Shoken

Good work Shoken,
you're getting good at this whole posting and arguing thing.
This guy you're arguing with is totally whacked out.
I'm gonna give a star to all your replies.
Keep it up

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
In response to the OP, maybe your hearing "Myoon" (mystic sound) who propagates the Lotus Sutra throughout the ten directions with his wondrous voice.
I mean no disrespect to anyone's beliefs here and have not come to battle with anyones faith. I have come to know what I know from personal experience, and cannot give you that.
I chanted from the time I was a young child (age 7), even as an atheist I felt the roar of the lion in my spirit as a young man chanting in battle, (not war). As a man, the Spirit of the living God awakened me, and the roaring Lion now has a name.
He, who has an ear, let him hear...
Peace

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Holidaystar,

That is an interesting idea about this phenomenon being the manifestation of Bodhisattva Wonderful Voice. I will do some more research and see what I can come up with.

I would be curious to hear more from Niteboy about how the phenomenon presents itself and a more detailed description of it.

As I said previously I have had similar sensations. These experiences help to flesh out our understanding of our minds. It is important to understand them and then let them go. If you focus on any singular expereince too much you loose sight of all of the other ones going on around you. Understanding one phenomeon can lend itself to understanding many many more afterwards. When I say understand, I dont just mean intellectually, I mean with ones heart and body as well. From what you have said previously, Holidaystar, I think you would agree.

All the best,

Gassho

Shoken

Gassho

Shoken

[edit on 15-4-2008 by Shoken]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Shoken,

" Fallen angels stole secrets that modern technology improved upon and led to the advent of electricity and computers? "

First off, I apologize for not being clear here.

What I meant was, up until amplifiers and then computers, the chanting,droning,trance like sounds were all vocal or acoustic, the amps took it to another level, tthen the computer generated beats took it to yet another level.

If you'd like more info on the fallen angel and jinns, the book of enoch gives an incredible account, and then do a search for jinns and you better read on more than one, because some are quite incomplete, and I lost track of the good links I had which were lost in a HD crash.

That's all I have time for now, I hope that clears things up a bit for you.

[ p.s., may I recommend reading "the curse of canaan" to you? I think you'll find it most interesting. I could hardly put it down. ]

[edit on 15-4-2008 by toasted]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by holidaystar1

May I also recommend " the curse of canaan" to you as well. I'm still digesting what I read, because it fills in so much of what is not commonly known. I don't dare try to paraphrase the book. But I've shown it to a few people, and I was reading it while waiting to be checked in at physical therapy. The secretary was curious as to what I was reading, and upon seeing the title commented that I was the second person she seen reading the same book. FWIW.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by toasted]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

I hear a 'hypnotic musical tone' amidst the words of the chanting.

I wonder what 'musical note' this would be if we equated it to the harmonics?

I also wonder if there are many chanters overlapping other's, in order to produce the 'background musical note' that I hear, OR if there are two sets of chanters.

Can be either one of these two:

1. Only one set of chanters producing a musical droning hummmmmm.
2. Two set of chanters - one in the background constantly humming in sync with the rest, as well as the Tibetian fast-talking chanters that we initially hear.

Hypnotic to say the least!

Good thread niteboy!

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Thanks for your reply

I wonder what 'musical note' this would be if we equated it to the harmonics?

I have tried that and have yet to match it exactly. Would be cool to see if it could be matched and how it relates to the sounds in the DNA repair thread linked in the first page.

I would guess in my situation it is option #1 as we don't have a second group chanting differently. I could see the sound bouncing around the room and causing this, but I have heard it outdoors as well, so while I would like to believe that we could fill the world up with that chanting, alas we aren't that good.

Or it could be those demons whispering in my ear.

[edit on 4/16/08 by niteboy82]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by holidaystar1

There is no evil law at work in this chanting or in the hearts of any of its members.
The SGI worldwide lay organisation are enlightened people who wish to help humanity attain true happiness and enlightenment in this age. No atrocities have been committed by them or on their behalf or in the name of their Buddhist organisation. On the contratry, their third President, Daisaku Ikeda is a recognised, multi award- wining Global Peace Maker, Humanist and Educationalist.
Understanding the law of Karma creates the awareness that your actions cause effect. This is also a fundamental scientific fact of Cause and Effect. The philosophy and principles underpinning Nichiren Buddhism and indeed all Buddhist teachings can be at first glance somewhat esoteric. However, like all science, becomes quite effortlessly simple when studied with an open heart. Just as understaning the very basic science of sound waves and acoustics - nothing evil there!!
The opposite of evil is not good - it is awareness ! With awareness comes responsibility for one's actions. 'Evil' dwells in one's awareness simultaneously with 'good'. Like electricity, it performs as you direct it to. You have a choice.
Your understanding of Buddhism is unenlightened and ill informed and therefore has the potential to be destructive. But I thank you for creating this action which facilitated the effect of my casting some light upon you and the subject. Nam-myoho-renge-kyo

top topics

<< 1   >>

join