It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I DIDNT get jacked up by the police!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
To start off, I'm creating this thread as sort of a quasi-counter to jackinthebox's thread found HERE . No offense to him, I have the utmost respect for the guy and his positions on other issues. He is definitely fighting for us little(poor) guys.

My most recent interaction with the man this past weekend started off with plenty of booze as most peoples experiences with the police usually do. It was at a relatively small party being held in my honor as my birthday was on Friday. A few hours into the celebration, when the music became just a little too loud, the police showed up right on cue. Two cars, two cops.

There was plenty of confusion when they showed up and all I heard was that they had arrived and were coming in. I in my drunken stupor immediately became enraged that they would dare come to my party and harass my wife's family (it was at their house) over loud music when in my mind there was plenty of better things for them to be doing at the time. So I stomped my way to the front of the house and rushed through the front door to meet them face to face and began giving them a piece of my mind. I caught them a little after they began talking to my friend to tell him to turn the music down and something about thrown bottles.

The two guys were extremely patient with me (something I realized when I sobered up) as I gave them them my best liquored up summary of all the wonderful things I know about the constitution and how they couldn't come in the house without a warrant and a bunch of other stupid stuff that was probably influenced by the hours of my life I waste away reading ATS. I was right in their face and one of them kept telling me to please relax. I refused and started flailing my arms around and pointing at them and doing all that other dumb stuff drunk people do when they get mad. The cop grabbed me by my shoulders and forcibly pushed me down until I was sitting on the porch steps. He told me again to relax and explained to me that they were here to simply ask if we would turn the music down for our neighbors and thats it. He said nothing about arresting me, which I think he could of easily got away with at the time. Before I could spout any more trash at them I had half a dozen people hauling me back into the house and before I knew it the police had left.

My point in all this is I think I did waaaaaay more to instigate them then my friend jackinthebox ever did and I never got arrested or tasered. I've had plenty of other run ins with police in all sorts of different cities over all sorts of different things and have seen both the good and the bad ones but have never been abused in any way.

I think all the anti-cop rhetoric around ATS is a bit over the top and I liken it to being racist because someone of another color beat you up in grade school or hating the religious because a few too many people showed up at your door and told you what a bad person you were because you don't believe in god.

Like everything else there are good cops and bad cops. You will probably call me ignorant but I don't think the bad outweigh the good. Many of you would like a world without police and I say nuts to that. The human population as a whole is far to weak and the evil people on this planet would quickly take over the joint if you know what I mean.

I have plenty of things to say on this but instead I await your flames before I speak(type) anymore.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
What a great story...and attitude you have.

I think all the cop bashing is way over the top too. And I have tons of friends who are cops and never behave the way some people label all cops to behave.

I also know quite a few people (from my past) who probably deserved to get their arse beat by a cop....but were never treated poorly by cops when they were arrested and when they were given breaks by cops.

Not all cops are bad....clearly.

You are far from ignorant.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
This past halloween I went to a keg party and got completely trashed with a bunch of friends. Well there was around 20 people there, 20 drunk teenagers that is, and a song came on that everyone knew. With everyone singing as loud as they could in the middle of the night, we were beging for a complaint. 20 minutes later the cops showed up and the # hit the fan. They gathered everyone in the living room where I noticed my best friend was not around. Everything was still pretty chaotic, so I was able to sneak off into another room. I ended up in someones bedroom and whispered my friends name. Sure enough he poped up from underneath the covers on the bed. From that point we proceded to get the f*** out of there. He snuck out the window while I kept watch at the door(it was important that he didn't get caught, being he was on probation) and when he jumped out I followed. Well I started making my way around the outside of the house when I heard someone running behind me. I figured it was my friend but it turned out to be deputy donut. I was enclosed by a fence and drunk so I just gave up. I held my hands up and said, "I"m not running". Although I was doing so he proceded to run at me and tried to tackle me. I moved and he triped over me eating # on all kinds of rocks. He tore his pants, was all banged up, and was super pissed. He brought me back in and set me down. Thats when I decided to bitch them out lol. I repeatedly asked why he tried to tackle me when I clearly wasnt going anywhere. He got agitated and put me in cuffs, then took me out and put me in the car. 30 minutes later his partner and him let me out and explained the situation to me. They told me they knew what it was like, they also went to high school parties, dont run next time, yadda yadda yadda, then brought me back inside where they wrote me a ticket and sent me on my way.
Went pretty good considering how things could of turned out.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PlausibleDeniability

3 months before turning 21 I got busted at a party drunk.. people jumped the fences and ran like hell..

The cop was young.. maybe 23.. he talked to me and my brother who was only .. 18? .. and he simply said.. and I quote "Just keep it down before the bad po-po come here" and gave us one and only one warning to keep it down..

Right after he said that, a cop car pulls into the apartment parking lot, lights off, cruising nice and quite to sneak up on us (more likely catch people running away off guard) .. the officer said "thats the bad po-po".

Then again, in high school there was a kid who got into a fight with his parents, so he went running in his neighborhood to blow off some steam.. cops thought he was running from a party they just crashed so they jumped the poor sob.. not knowing the cops where after him as he did nothing wrong, he thought he was being mugged. So he beat the crap out of a cop, got arrested for assaulting an officer and running from a party he never attended.

I believe it just depends on the cop really. I know a few, all nice guys, and some who I have talked with admit police is essentially a game that you have to play with the system.. like speeding tickets.. there is no quota.. just a performance standard.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Whether their good or bad, theres nothing quite like running from the police. As much adrenaline as a fight, but with some adventure thrown in..awwww

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Yesterday I was flashed by a passing cop on the hwy as I was driving 70 in a 55.
Then a bit later and going the opposite direction I get flashed again but this time he whips around and pulls me over.
I was in a hurry to get home and said when he came to the window, "I know I am guilty, speeding, and told him a brief synopses of why, and he took my information and then said, "Well you know it is dangerous to speed on this hwy", and handed me back my stuff and walked away.
It happens, I do have several odd cop stories like that. Even was asked to blow the breathalyzer twice one time and it did not register (breathing techniques) but I am not proud of that story.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I'll start a thread here in a bit of some of my runs ins, ones of which ended up in criminal court, I was never beaten, but the treatment and conduct in which the LEO's handled themselves on all of the occasions including the one which ended up with me being arrested, and the attitude and way they treated me simply because I knew my rights is beyond belief.

I've been meaning to post it for about 6 months or so but I'll post my version of the event in a bit, including the runs ins which lead up to it.

Ill also follow it up with events that did not happen to me, but to a family member who WITNESSED a civil argument and he was the one who ended up being thrown the the ground and roughed up and spent the night in jail...

the irony to that one is... his dads a cop.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by C0le]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Lets not forget cops are human as well, and just like any group of beings there are goodies and baddies. Although i believe some police men have a power complex. But i have met a few nice ones as well. Dont instigate them, their job is difficult enough

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Well that's how it's supposed to happen, as cops are our neighbors. Yeah, there's plenty of good cops no doubt, but we don't tell stories about them because it isn't as interesting, besides there no conspiracy angle either.

We all have contacts with cops throughout of our lives (except for hermits & trolls)
, and thankfully most of those contacts are good, but it only takes one bad one to change your life or viewpoint, because they wield so much power. Usually our worst experiences are irritating fines.

I think since Rodney King and everyone having a video camera including the cops themselves we're just more aware of the bad ones.

In the past people were more afraid of speaking out, but now that they have a better chain of evidence through technology, so the playing field is equalizing. In the past everyone trusted cops to be the most upstanding citizens, so nobody believed the negative horror stories about them, until they were captured in video.

While more bad guys are being put away through DNA, more bad cops will have a harder time abusing their tools with video technology. Not such a bad thing as long as both sides have access to these tools.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
When you have a society that lives in fear of those who are supossed to be the protectors, there is something terribly wrong.

I am not just talking about fear of having to pay a fine or even go to jail. I am talking about masses of law-abiding citizens who fear for their own safety when interacting with the police.

I can tell you first hand that there are plenty of good police officers out there. I have worked with them, I am friends with them, I have three uncles who are police officers, and there are two more young men who are also officers about to marry into the family. None of this changes the facts however, that the abuse of authority is intolerable, yet it grows unchecked.

Just becasue there are good cops out there, is no excuse to tolerate the bad ones. There must be more accountability.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
When you have a society that lives in fear of those who are supossed to be the protectors, there is something terribly wrong.

I am not just talking about fear of having to pay a fine or even go to jail. I am talking about masses of law-abiding citizens who fear for their own safety when interacting with the police.

No doubt, I know many people, Family, Friends, ect, who hesitate to even call the Police for help....
Even though they should have nothing to fear, they still do...

Its a sad thing to fear those who are supposed to protect us...

And the sad thing is it's not the bad cops per say that make this state of affairs so bad, its the protection these bad cops receive form their dept, meaning unless its put on MSM and the Citizen who was mistreated doesn't push the issue, the Depts wont press it on their own, the Cop will get away with it...

These Debt should go after bad cops regardless of rather its on MSM, or no one but they know about it....

But they won't unless it reflects on them, and brings them bad press...

[edit on 2-4-2008 by C0le]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Thanks for referencing my thread.

Your incident certainly could have turned out quite different, and I would guess it probably would have if there had been fewer "upright citizens" there. Of course that may be a somewhat biased statement, but biased with good reason I believe.

Regardless, I am glad for you that luck was on your side, and the police did their service to the community in proper fashion.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Your not from northern Atlanta are you..lol. I had to respond to almost the exact same thing on Monday night..

I get the call of loud noise/music and a party. Show up and its a welcome home party for some Army guys. One of the patrons there was WASTED and definitly couldn't handle his alcohol. I, along with my partner, are on the front steps and out comes this guy flipping out about us eating donuts, he pays my salary, and the best one...how if he didn't have a hurt foot he would whoop us both using and I quote "teak qwa doos" ...haha...I spelled it EXACTLY how he said it. I told the home owner..turn down the music...keep everyone inside and try to keep bruce lee under control....mind you it was 0145hrs (1:45am)! I of course warned them, if we recieve another complaint they would get a citation. Never heard from them since....so YES...we can all live together....as some of you mentioned...WE ARE PEOPLE TO...meaning us as police and react to things as well....sure some react badly...the majority react the right way...and as long as PEOPLE understand that and they make the right choices...almost never will there be a problem....

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Theres no reason anyone should be afraid of the police unless they also have commited a crime. A cops not just going to show up and start tazing people for no reason.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
My one and only run in with the cops, at least since I turned 18 and realised doing all the stupid things I did as a kid would get me in trouble, was a ticket. For a malfunctioning brake light. An 80 dollar ticket, for a thirty second fix. The cop was nice, even showed me, so that I knew he wasn't full of crap, that the light was indeed not working. My gripe? I paid 80 dollars for the ticket two days before I had to leave town for a week. Stupid florida tikets being way too expensive.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
see cops are kinda like lawyers, whenever they work for you yeah its a good thing and your happy, but everytime I see one or even think of the profession as a whole I get angry, frustrated, paranoid, complacent and then disgusted again for being complacent.

Then I go make queso with spicy sausage and everythings okay....until im outta queso or chips.

great post op.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Police in Canada are very diverse, but mostly I can say they been always professional most of my dealings with them. Its the FEW times I've seen an officer act improper that really stick out and its tough to remember all the times they do good and easier to see the bad?

Just recently I had to speak with police on almost a daily basis for a situation involving my neighbor and I was amazed at how well trained these young police were. Not one looked over 24 and thats a good sign, and the situation involving my neighbor is very serious and the police treated the matter as such.

I used to be a trouble-maker in my youth and never repected police for various reasons, some real and some I made up in my head. Now I know just like every group/race/profession you are going to find good and bad and hopefully there is always more good than bad, I have to be truthful and say yes I am impressed with the job my local police do and our city is safer because of it.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
When you have a society that lives in fear of those who are supposed to be the protectors, there is something terribly wrong.

Jack I don't know anyone who would not call the police for help because they are scared of them. All the guys I know who are scared to call the cops are the ones who have certain aspects of their lives they would rather the man didn't know about.

Honestly I feel for you and your situation, it sucks. Those involved with what happened to you should be punished no doubt about it. There's plenty of people out there who have had bad experiences with the police and now hate every cop they see. Many I've talked to personally usually deserved what they got. My neighbor's son got swarmed by the FBI for burning crosses on people's lawn and is now sitting in prison for a long time. Well now of course his father hates the police, talks his trash constantly and flips off every cop that drives by. I can understand the feds took your son away but come on, what do you expect to happen? This is just one example.

What happened to c0le's friend I don't understand at all. The way I think of things like this is to go work in customer service somewhere and compare it to your experiences there. You help people every day, some of them will love whatever business your working for and be extremely happy with everything you've done for them and will come back forever and ever. Some will be neutral and will not care one way or the other, they got what they needed and moved on. For others, something will happen for whatever reason, their fault or not, and they will have a negative experience at that place of business. They probably won't go back there again and depending on the severity of the experience they may go the extra mile and write a bunch of bad reviews on the internet and do as much damage as they can against that business and of course they will tell everyone they know about what happened there that pissed them off.

Yes I know there is plenty of variables to this analogy but it is far more black and white then many think. I know this from personal experience (especially working on cars). When it comes to police these examples are far more extreme, and rightly so, because the future of people's lives are at stake. I think most cops realize this and do the best they can. But you must realize that these guys deal with trash all day every day and I would imagine it must be extremely desensitizing and you would have to become somewhat detached just to stay mentally stable. This doesn't excuse mistreatment of innocents but I think all things in this world must be put in perspective.

All the screaming about how cops are all pigs/nazis/fascists is just getting old is what I'm trying to say.

And no , rcwj, that wasn't me screaming at you that night, I'm in CA

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Im just waiting for your next thread . "How i didn't beat my kids"

What time is that coming?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join