It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China reveals Iran's nuclear secrets to UN

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

You beat me to it... must type faster

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Years of writing business documents has made me a fast 2 finger typist

I saw it earlier and was going to post a thread about it, then couldn't be bothered for reasons I won't go into.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

I wonder whats up with China. The must have got pissed at Iran for something, or got bribed with something they could not pass on.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Hello

could be

1) US bombs Iran
2) Middle east flares up
3) limited nuclear exchange
4) Us takes big hit
5) Russia China sit back and then clear up oil and all

who knows

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by drevill

Here's how I think it'll go down, throw china into the mix, with the gas deal, and the russians building ships and helping to build the nuclear facilities and you've got a potent mix.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Didn't warrant a new thread, but sort of fits here...

www.washingtonpost.com...

By Joby Warrick and Carrie Johnson
Washington Post Staff Writers
Thursday, April 3, 2008; Page A01

"Prosecutors called Chi Mak the "perfect sleeper agent," though he hardly looked the part. For two decades, the bespectacled Chinese-born engineer lived quietly with his wife in a Los Angeles suburb, buying a house and holding a steady job with a U.S. defense contractor, which rewarded him with promotions and a security clearance. Colleagues remembered him as a hard worker who often took paperwork home at night."

OK -- so we readily here about this spy in the media, although I'm unclear if he was involved here, but it seems logical, but we don't hear about this...?
www.whatreallyhappened.com...

OH... I see why now... 4th link down "FBI'S PRIME SUSPECT ON ANTHRAX LETTERS IS JEWISH! No wonder they were dragging their feet. "

www.breitbart.com...

[edit on 4/3/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Only thing ive found on what she said was this.
www.fmprc.gov.cn...

Q: It is reported that China recently provided IAEA with information on Iran's attempt to develop nuclear weapons. How do you comment on that?

A: These reports are totally groundless and out of ulterior motives.

China's position on the Iranian nuclear issue is consistent. We always uphold peaceful resolution of the issue through diplomatic negotiations. Given current circumstances, China believes that relevant parties should exert creativity and flexibility, so as to achieve a comprehensive and long-term resolution of the issue. We will continue to make constructive efforts towards that goal.

So they did make a one liner response but I haven't been able to find anything else on it.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Found this on the IAEA web site.
www.iaea.org...

IAEA Daily Press Review
The objective of the DPR is to present a general overview of international, English-language, media coverage of the IAEA and nuclear issues, that does not purport to be exhaustive. The following articles are obtained from external news sources for whose content the IAEA takes no responsibility.

3 April 2008

IAEA in the News
Nuclear Watchdog Gets China's Iran Intel China gave the International Atomic Energy Agency intelligence about Iran's nuclear program despite Beijing's opposition to harsh U.N. Security Council sanctions on Tehran, according to diplomats familiar with the matter. AP

Seems wierd if its disinfo that they would have the article link to the Assoicated Press article on there own web site.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It's a stretch but...

Iran has reportedly significant stockpiled petroleum resources, enough to change the 'value' of petroleum in the 'free' market. Through economic manipulation and timing they have been said to have the capacity to significantly derail energy-based economics in the United States, either by pressing for, completely replacing, the dollar standard for the euro standard.
With a little help from unspecified Iranian allies, the US economy could collapse beyond the point of recoverability.

Who owns most of the US debt load? - China.

China has a vested interest in the continued viability of dollar-based trade. If US diplomatic efforts are at all effective, China might have been persuaded to 'resist' an Iranian power grab by complicating its relations with the global community. The whole nuclear weapon thing is one of the remaining bogey-men of international politics (for now anyway.)

On the other hand, China may just be drawing attention away from it's next set of oppressive undertakings - and it seems that, at least in the west, everybody loves to hate Iran.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
OK what if China already supplied Iran with the ingredients long ago, and now when President Bush hand delivered that letter to Putin a month ago, it gave up the whole situation and created a refreshed need to appear US and China are now alies? China will not do anything against Russia as they are their only true allies of any consequence, sort of like the US and the UK. Makes sense.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

We could of gave Japan those nuclear war head tips as a warning that if you play around with giving people these weapons we can to. China would hate to see Japan armed with nukes.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 3-4-2008 by JBA2848]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
I wonder whats up with China. The must have got pissed at Iran for something, or got bribed with something they could not pass on.

This is just speculation on my part, and I have no evidence for it, but the PRC has had problems with Islamic-extremism in it's western provinces. Perhaps they found some Iranian-connection to this?

Or, more likely, they did it to save face. The PRC has been more-or-less defending Iran on the international stage, and it would be a great embarassment for them if someone else exposed Iran's nuclear ambitions.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by drevill

Here's how I think it'll go down, throw china into the mix, with the gas deal, and the russians building ships and helping to build the nuclear facilities and you've got a potent mix.

Yeah I think those two have the US all sussed and possibly the EU wants the US out the way also. Has Solana been in russia/china of late?

Less gas and oil for the US means more for everyone

top topics

<< 1   >>

join